English as the Official Language

Says the guy who can't get past one sentence in a discussion... pathetic.

He says in ONE SENTENCE... :rolleyes:

You know what, if I gave you sentences, you'd crap your magic underpants and wouldn't get invited to Family Game Night...

I'm not a Mormon, but you ARE a moron, you filthy bigot. You realize you are the exact same kind of scum as Yidnar and 52nd Street and the rest, right?

He says in ONE SENTENCE... :rolleyes:

You know what, if I gave you sentences, you'd crap your magic underpants and wouldn't get invited to Family Game Night...

I'm not a Mormon, but you ARE a moron, you filthy bigot. You realize you are the exact same kind of scum as Yidnar and 52nd Street and the rest, right?

Um, no, not really. You can scream "bigot" all day, but mormonism is still a cult started by a guy caught banging the babysitter.

Conservatives of the last 100 years have not changed much

If anything, they have regressed over the last 30 years

and the Liberals?......are you allowed to comment on them?....

We have moved forward

50 years ago it was civil rights
30 years ago, it was womens rights
Today, gay rights

With conservatives fighting every step of the way

so what happened twice, in that pretty Liberal State called California with gay rights?....

It's like conservatives are insulted that someone doesn't speak their language. Meanwhile, ask a conservative to learn a second language and they sputter

It's conservatives that learn the local language when they move to another country. Do YOU expect that if you move to another country you won't have to learn the language? Do you expect that every other country in the world is obligated to speak English just to accommodate you?

A real conservative would not learn another language

He knows he already speaks the right language

Romney speaks French.

Um, no, not really. .

Yes, really. Yes, obviously. Yes, fuck off, you filthy bigoted scumbag. You're every bit as bad as every other hateful piece of shit here. You all deserve each other.

Last edited:
and the Liberals?......are you allowed to comment on them?....

We have moved forward

Today, gay rights

so what happened twice, in that pretty Liberal State called California with gay rights?....

A persons Civil Rights should not be voted on

If that was the only resolution women would still not have the vote and blacks would still not have equal rights

Rep. Steve King of Iowa spoke yesterday in support of a bill he introduced a year ago to make English the official language of the US. As most probably know, we do not now have an official language.

Michigan Rep. John Conyers gave his rebuttal in less-than-perfect Spanish.

America always has been and always will be a melting pot of cultures and races and languages. I'm proud of the fact that we don't have an official language. It should always be that way.

So, you're proud of the fact that other countries can dump their garbage upon us, and dilute our own people such that native born, English speaking citizens don't qualify for even menial jobs because they don't speak the language of the illegal immigrants with whom they'd have to work, to whom they'd have to sell? That's great.

but there is a certain segment of our society that has no intention of doing that... in fact they require we learn their language to accommodate them.

Actually, the worst is the blond haired/blue eyed Mexicans, who will stand in your country and berate you in perfect English for not knowing how to speak their language.

If you have a party and invite people from different parts of the world, Italians would bring pizza; Chinese would bring kung pao chicken, Japanese would bring teriyaki and Indians would bring curry. Everyone would have a marvelous time.

Now have a party and invite people from different parts of the world who cannot speak a common language. The Italians would only speak to other Italians, the Chinese would only associate with Chinese. It would be a very poor party.

You clearly haven't traveled much.

I don't need to.

This is the reason why we have ethnic enclaves in our cities. We encourage non-assimilation and encourage people from other parts of the world to cling to their own and remain linguistically isolated. By emphasizing polylingualism we not only keep foreigners isolated from the political and administrative policies of this country but we keep them isolated from one another too. This is not multiculturalism. This is tribalism.

Amazing how you can live a life of lies. I don't know a child of an immigrant that hasn't learned English. The ESL evening classes in local schools overflow, and are often to get into. Those enclaves as you call them will wind up being tourist attractions, like "Little Italys" and "Chinatowns." We see that happening now in Miami's "Little Havana".

If you believe this nativism you preach, I suggest that you have low self-esteem and controlled by fear. Stop blaming others for your failures. Instead of being a dick about the subject, why not push your locality for more ESL courses for adults. I guarantee those classes will fill up.

We have moved forward

Today, gay rights

If that was the only resolution women would still not have the vote and blacks would still not have equal rights

Dumbass, amendments to the Constitution were made, but reprentatives in the Federal and State legislatures, so yeah they took a vote.. and WHY, because DEMOCRATS did not want those people to vote. Yeah PEOPLE like YOU

Rep. Steve King of Iowa spoke yesterday in support of a bill he introduced a year ago to make English the official language of the US. As most probably know, we do not now have an official language.

America always has been and always will be a melting pot of cultures and races and languages. I'm proud of the fact that we don't have an official language. It should always be that way.

So, you're proud of the fact that other countries can dump their garbage upon us, and dilute our own people such that native born, English speaking citizens don't qualify for even menial jobs because they don't speak the language of the illegal immigrants with whom they'd have to work, to whom they'd have to sell? That's great.

Illegal immigration is a separate topic from this one.

You clearly haven't traveled much.

I don't need to.

This is the reason why we have ethnic enclaves in our cities. We encourage non-assimilation and encourage people from other parts of the world to cling to their own and remain linguistically isolated. By emphasizing polylingualism we not only keep foreigners isolated from the political and administrative policies of this country but we keep them isolated from one another too. This is not multiculturalism. This is tribalism.

Amazing how you can live a life of lies. I don't know a child of an immigrant that hasn't learned English. The ESL evening classes in local schools overflow, and are often to get into. Those enclaves as you call them will wind up being tourist attractions, like "Little Italys" and "Chinatowns." We see that happening now in Miami's "Little Havana".

If you believe this nativism you preach, I suggest that you have low self-esteem and controlled by fear. Stop blaming others for your failures. Instead of being a dick about the subject, why not push your locality for more ESL courses for adults. I guarantee those classes will fill up.

WAit a second, this is all the liberals talk about....whitey isnt doing enough, rich man needs to pay more.....if only we have more money, our programs would finally work?So in essence you just condemned your own ideology.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL
What would liberals be without blaming other people? Libertarians!!!!!!!!!!

Atleast if I'm going to own you, make me work for it, I kinda feel cheated when you do it yourself

Dumbass, amendments to the Constitution were made, but reprentatives in the Federal and State legislatures, so yeah they took a vote.. and WHY, because DEMOCRATS did not want those people to vote. Yeah PEOPLE like YOU

Nobody voted on freeing the slaves
Nobody voted on Womens rights
Nobody voted on Civil Rights

If they did, it never would have happened

but there is a certain segment of our society that has no intention of doing that... in fact they require we learn their language to accommodate them.

Actually, the worst is the blond haired/blue eyed Mexicans, who will stand in your country and berate you in perfect English for not knowing how to speak their language.

Does that happen to you often?

I guess you know that we are the world's largest manufacturer then, right lunchbox? That seems pretty darn competitive to me. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, it'll take China a whole year to suprass us.

Being the largest doesn't make us competitive. Competitive would mean we aren't running 500 billion dollar trade deficits every year. Competitive would mean that companies wouldn't be finding excuses to move their factories to Asia.

Yes, we produce more because 78% of what we produce is for domestic consumption. This does not make us competitive.

The US having the largest corporate tax rate in the world may make us less competitive. Just saying.

Wrong. The US has one of the lowest EFFECTIVE tax rates in the world. Both China and Vietnam have higher corporate tax rates, but they're going gangbusters. I don't know if you want American workers to work under their conditions and for their wages. Do you?

Last edited:

Does that happen to you often?

It happened a few times when I lived in Texas. They will literally bitch you out for not knowing how to speak Spanish, because when they come into the US they should be able to be addressed in their own language.

Technically English is already our Official Language. Think I am making it up? There are a list of Requirements on the Books to become a US citizen. 2 of them are, an Understanding and Ability to Use the English Language and Knowledge of US History and Civics.

Something tells me those laws are not being properly Followed.

lol

Forum List

Back