English as the Official Language

Yeah, we're so uncompetitive in the world... :rolleyes:

Well, if you worked in international manufacturing like I do and not McDonalds like you do, you'd know that was the case, dumbass.

The rest of the world deals in metrics. 20 mm means the same thing in Japan as Germany.

but 1/4 inch? Only here.

So not surprisingly, mechanics have to keep two sets of tools, while teh rest of the world usually only has to keep one.

White People Problems. I have to press 1 for English, oh noes! Let's legislate!

Do you have some reason to believe that only 'white people' speak English as their first language?

Do you have some reason to believe that only 'white people' speak English as their first language?

"White People Problems" aren't only for white people. It's just a phrase to point out that that when people don't really have a lot of really important problems, they'll pick the littlest shit to bitch about.

“We have white people problems in America. That’s what we have. White people problems. You know what that is? That’s where your life is amazing, so you just make up shit to be upset about. People in other countries have real problems. Like “Oh shit, they’re cutting all our heads off, today!” Things like that. Here, we make things up to be upset about. Like “How come I have to choose a language on the ATM. It’s bullshit. I shouldn’t have to do that. I’m American!” — Louis CK

"White People Problems" aren't only for white people. It's just a phrase to point out that that when people don't really have a lot of really important problems, they'll pick the littlest shit to bitch about.

“We have white people problems in America. That’s what we have. White people problems. You know what that is? That’s where your life is amazing, so you just make up shit to be upset about. People in other countries have real problems. Like “Oh shit, they’re cutting all our heads off, today!” Things like that. Here, we make things up to be upset about. Like “How come I have to choose a language on the ATM. It’s bullshit. I shouldn’t have to do that. I’m American!” — Louis CK

I know you are a liberal, but THANK YOU for this, that's why I dont like liberal identity politics, there are no, white, black, hispanic, gay, christain, muslim, ect issues, there are only issues and if you change a law, usually everyone is effected in some way......ABOUT Freaking time someone figured it out

And yes English should be the official language. it's helps with the integration of people into society and if you cant speak it....you're fucked....and I dont feel bad....and I dont feel bad for Americans that move to France and cant speak French, learn the effing language....it's kind of a big deal.

Mmmmm Xenophobia.

Nothing in the constitution mentions English as an Official Language, or official languages at all. You guys usually like to bitch about things being legislated that aren't in the constitution, but you really just show how much of hypocrites you can be.

Last edited:
The biggest problem with this is that for all practical purposes it wouldn't really change anything.

The biggest problem with this is that for all practical purposes it wouldn't really change anything.

Yeah no shit. Elected officials are interested in reaching out to their constituents, not selectively trying to deny them. That's what this is about... trying to make the lives of non English speakers more difficult.

Ha ha. And while that may be true since when does that matter to the govt? We try to "encourage" all kinds of behaviors that are in people's best interests. Certainly COMMUNICATION fits into that category.

I find it silly that English is not the official language of the US. And we can't get an Act of Congress to make it so.

All official forms and activities are conducted in American English within the States. Reasonable accommodations are made for non-English speakers where possible. So will the bigot, King, demand that Puerto Rico be forced to speak English? What a nativist moron King is.

"I don't want to expand myself and make myself more desirable in the market-place, I want the marketplace to narrowly confine itself to me!"

Yeah no shit. Elected officials are interested in reaching out to their constituents, not selectively trying to deny them. That's what this is about... trying to make the lives of non English speakers more difficult.

It's all about letting them know they are not real americans

Forum List

Back