Enough Talk

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So much gassing on around here about perceived problems, grievances, and hate/fear. Since "If you don't like it, leave" never seems to convince any of the disgruntled to actually leave my country, it is a fair question to ask what any of us are doing to make the country better, stronger, more united, equitable of opportunity, and prosperous.

So, what do you/have you done to make things better? Better for everyone, not just those fellow Americans who think exactly like you on every possible issue.

I complain on message boards. In doing so I feel I've fulfilled my civic duty.

So much gassing on around here about perceived problems, grievances, and hate/fear. Since "If you don't like it, leave" never seems to convince any of the disgruntled to actually leave my country, it is a fair question to ask what any of us are doing to make the country better, stronger, more united, equitable of opportunity, and prosperous.

So, what do you/have you done to make things better? Better for everyone, not just those fellow Americans who think exactly like you on every possible issue.
Abolish about 90% of the federal gubmint, and privatize its "necessary" bureaucracies.
Abolish the Fed and return the creation of credit to the free market.
Close ALL military bases on foreign soil and bring the troops home.

Then have lunch.

Not being a whiner I don`t feel obligated to do anything special. Like most of the people on our planet I hate Trump but I`m not ready to go to war over it. Voting day will come soon enough.

I teach/help folks get their diploma/hopefully help break the cycle of poverty for a few people and their kids.

Okay....I stopped wearing my MAGA cap so I don't have to mess up somebody for trying to grab it off my head or throw a punch at me for wearing it. I believe this contributes to the general welfare and prosperity of my community.

Abolish about 90% of the federal gubmint, and privatize its "necessary" bureaucracies.

Then have lunch.

No, no, what ARE you doing or have you done? It wasn't a question about fantasies.

I volunteer for the local food bank, cook/work in the parish kitchens, cook/drive for Meals on Wheels, and, help one of the local ESL programs.

I share my common sense beliefs. As soon as you all agree with me, there'll be peace throughout the world.

I vote....I donate... I give to charity, I help others when I have a chance.

Then have lunch.

No, no, what ARE you doing or have you done? It wasn't a question about fantasies.

The obvious first question is to ask what YOU have done? From what I see here, the safe answer is "not much."

Then have lunch.

The obvious first question is to ask what YOU have done? From what I see here, the safe answer is "not much."

Most of my professional life. But this is not a thread for me to 'boast' or anything like that. I'm curious what the folks who bitch and moan the most actually do to make things better, if they are not willing to "get out" as is often advised.

Then have lunch.
I agree with everything, but closing OCNUS bases.

Forum List

Back