ENOUGH....Time for Gun Control....NOW

Yet somehow 1/2 of the country is conservative--the half that has guns in their house with the kids who take them to school.

BUT!!!

The problem with gun violence is the half that doesn't have guns at home

Conservative "logic" at it's finest.

Erect a straw man, give him a false premise, and then call it "conservative logic". I hope your unicorn isn't double parked.

Elections are about 50/50--Romney got 47 percent.
It's not liberals who have guns at home and take their kids to the gun range so they can become proficient at taking lives.
art-adam-lanza_2776421b-620x349.jpg

large-lanza-guns-29-school.jpg

So the premise is sound.

Your move.

Yes they do, and the rest of your drivel is just drivel.

America has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem. As long as we deny this fact, the violence will continue.

I'm going to partially agree with you here....I think America has a mental health problem and their weapon of choice is guns. Sort of like when America developed a drug problem and so the government made cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc. illegal and arrested those who possessed or sold it.

The difference is the former is a victim-ful crime and the latter is victimless.

Not really....if you really think about it.

I agree, stating use of "any drug, if regulated, will not harm society" is incorrect.

Yet somehow 1/2 of the country is conservative--the half that has guns in their house with the kids who take them to school.

BUT!!!

The problem with gun violence is the half that doesn't have guns at home

Conservative "logic" at it's finest.

Erect a straw man, give him a false premise, and then call it "conservative logic". I hope your unicorn isn't double parked.

It's not liberals who have guns at home and take their kids to the gun range so they can become proficient at taking lives.

So the premise is sound.

Your move.

Mental illness. Nothing more, nothing less. The constitutional rights of citizens had nothing to do with this sicko.

So the premise is sound.

Your move.

So your "logic" is that those who supposedly want guns banned are the ones that have guns at home and teach their kids to use them? :eek:

Time for your meds.

So the premise is sound.

Your move.

Mental illness. Nothing more, nothing less. The constitutional rights of citizens had nothing to do with this sicko.

Yeah, he was real sick when he posed with a hand grenade in his lap and a gun in his hand at the age of 2.

There is a shooter, so let's make sure everyone is completely unarmed and at the mercy of the next shooter that comes along.

Seriously, why on earth do you think that makes any sense whatsoever?

It makes no sense at all. Shooters clearly favor gun-free zones, so let's make sure we have plenty of them so the shooters will know where to go. And let's keep people drugged up with medications can cause people to go out of their minds that somehow got past our FDA despite being dangerous.

Why don't they lock the damn doors at the schools and mind who they let in? It's almost like they invite this sort of thing. Liberals are good at helping create problems so they can chip away at our rights by blaming the wrong things for the problems. Punish the law abiding and the crazies will magically disappear.

If I didn't know better, I'd think some unstable people were being brainwashed into shooting. Funny that the shootings in schools picked up along with the gun control debate. There has always been way more shootings every day in cities overrun with gangs and drug dealers, but they don't worry about that. Only schools get attention, so suddenly that is where the shootings are committed. Hell of a coincidence. What are schools doing to keep students safe? Seems like anyone can walk right in because there is little security and the doors are always open.

Last edited:

So the premise is sound.

Your move.

So your "logic" is that those who supposedly want guns banned are the ones that have guns at home and teach their kids to use them? :eek:

Time for your meds.

You think that all democrats want guns banned....that is a false premise on your behalf.
You just might want to take some meds if you think that.

Both liberals and conservatives that own guns teach their children the proper use for firearms......for the most part.

So the premise is sound.

Your move.

Yeah, he was real sick when he posed with a hand grenade in his lap and a gun in his hand at the age of 2.

And you believe this is how all gun owners raise their kids? Mommy was sick too. That's still not a good enough reason to deny citizens their constitutional rights.

Last edited:
America has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem. As long as we deny this fact, the violence will continue.

I'm going to partially agree with you here....I think America has a mental health problem and their weapon of choice is guns. Sort of like when America developed a drug problem and so the government made cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc. illegal and arrested those who possessed or sold it.

The difference is the former is a victim-ful crime and the latter is victimless.
Post 118 awaits your response. Still.

I don't care. You shouldn't be able to restrict my rights without going the full bore. I demand equal protection under the law, thus if Joe Blow is able to keep his AR-15, I have the right to purchase one if I so desire.
Sometimes the individual's rights must be restricted to protect society and/or the individual. We shouldn't allow young children, people with serious mental problems, those with a history suicide attempts, and convicted felons with a history of violent crimes to purchase guns.

That's just what the NRA preaches. I hope you are an NRA member as they support what you said.
The problem is the NRA really doesn't want any workable laws to restrict sales to anyone including violent felons and those with serious mental problem. They lobby for the gun show loophole and denying funds needed by states to maintain the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. I suppose they want the mentally ill and violent felons to take responsible for their purchases.

Last edited:
There is no loophole. The provision allowing for face-to-face sales was specifically written into the law.

Words mean things.

Sometimes the individual's rights must be restricted to protect society and/or the individual. We shouldn't allow young children, people with serious mental problems, those with a history suicide attempts, and convicted felons with a history of violent crimes to purchase guns.

That's just what the NRA preaches. I hope you are an NRA member as they support what you said.
The problem is the NRA really doesn't want any workable laws to restrict sales to anyone including violent felons and those with serious mental problem. They lobby for the gun show loophole and denying funds needed by states to maintain the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. I suppose they want the mentally ill and violent felons to take responsible for their purchases.

When you propose workable laws let us know. Everything I've seen is demonstrably unworkable. And of course you lie about the NRA's views, which have always favored restrictions on felons and the mentally ill.

Time for your meds.

You think that all democrats want guns banned....that is a false premise on your behalf.
No...see where I said "supposedly" up there....look up...to the middle, in the part where it says "those who supposedly want guns banned"...

Both liberals and conservatives that own guns teach their children the proper use for firearms......for the most part.

Far more conservatives own guns than liberals...agreed?

And you believe this is how all gun owners raise their kids? Mommy was sick too. That's still not a good enough reason to deny citizens their constitutional rights.

Kids often have guns prior to their operators permit for vehicles...at least that was the life back in Texas with my friends and their boyfriends who would go out to deer leases with their parents every deer season. Can't drive, can't operate a can opener but can shoot a gun...

Kids often have guns prior to their operators permit for vehicles...at least that was the life back in Texas with my friends and their boyfriends who would go out to deer leases with their parents every deer season. Can't drive, can't operate a can opener but can shoot a gun...

The constitutional rights of those that are now routinely murdered by gun owners should come into play at some point...right?

Which is why there needs to be a form of liability insurance tied to gun ownership to reimburse those who are killed, wounded, maimed, etc...

The constitutional rights of those that are now routinely murdered by gun owners should come into play at some point...right?

Which is why there needs to be a form of liability insurance tied to gun ownership to reimburse those who are killed, wounded, maimed, etc...
Well that's already the case where possible. People have liability policies for accidentally shooting someone. But you cannot insure for an intentional act. SO your proposal is typically based on ignorance and hatred.

Time for your meds.

No...see where I said "supposedly" up there....look up...to the middle, in the part where it says "those who supposedly want guns banned"...

Far more conservatives own guns than liberals...agreed?

No, I don't. Let's take away the outer fringe from both sides and just use the moderates from both sides. No study on it but I'm sure it's equal....the liberals I know have guns and no issues with guns.

Remember when you posted this?

"It's not liberals who have guns at home and take their kids to the gun range so they can become proficient at taking lives."

It just shows you don't have a clue on what you're talking about. You are one of the fringe, candycorn.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back