Environment is Cleaner Than it's Been in More Than 100 Years

It's no surprise you had to ask that question. :disbelief:

I had to ask because you failed to indicate what you think it proves. Unless, of course, you believe that the failure of electric cars to dominate the market was the result of some vast conspiracy by "big oil." However I gave you credit for not being so incredibly stupid.

It's 2015 small brain..............We have ALL seen big oil manipulate America.........

If you haven't, then you belong in 1900. Or maybe you can open a book.

NO, don't tell me it's true! You do believe it!

If big oil is so good at "manipulating America," then why is the price of oil headed for $50/bbl? Don't you imagine big oil would like the price to be higher?

You forget when big oil Bush was president and it was $5 :)

Short term memory is a side affect of Morphine :)

The cheapest oil ever got was slightly under $10/bbl during the Reagan administration. It was far cheaper than the Democrat Clinton administration than it was under the Bush administration.

The question remains, if oil companies are so powerful, then why is the price of oil going down? Don't they have the power to make the price go up?

They have the power to endanger the lives of people by using primitive drilling techniques proven to endanger people by science. The big reason the price is going down is drilling in the gulf, not fracking. The Left didn't want drilling in the gulf without technological proof we could drill in the Ocean without flaws........The Right stated the Left was just against oil and yadda yadda, the same nonsense you all post. Then there was a huge oil spill in the gulf.

There is PRINTED and DOCUMENTED and SHARED proof that Big Oil is paying off families and even children to keep their mouth shut about the harms that came to their families back when they use to pump the lubricants water back into the ground.

Today they seemed to have stopped pumping the water back in. And people in Texas are praying to god for water because it's not coming out of their tap.

Anyway, read more, type less kids :night:

I had to ask because you failed to indicate what you think it proves. Unless, of course, you believe that the failure of electric cars to dominate the market was the result of some vast conspiracy by "big oil." However I gave you credit for not being so incredibly stupid.

It's 2015 small brain..............We have ALL seen big oil manipulate America.........

If you haven't, then you belong in 1900. Or maybe you can open a book.

NO, don't tell me it's true! You do believe it!

If big oil is so good at "manipulating America," then why is the price of oil headed for $50/bbl? Don't you imagine big oil would like the price to be higher?

You forget when big oil Bush was president and it was $5 :)

Short term memory is a side affect of Morphine :)

The cheapest oil ever got was slightly under $10/bbl during the Reagan administration. It was far cheaper than the Democrat Clinton administration than it was under the Bush administration.

The question remains, if oil companies are so powerful, then why is the price of oil going down? Don't they have the power to make the price go up?

They have the power to endanger the lives of people by using primitive drilling techniques proven to endanger people by science. The big reason the price is going down is drilling in the gulf, not fracking. The Left didn't want drilling in the gulf without technological proof we could drill in the Ocean without flaws........The Right stated the Left was just against oil and yadda yadda, the same nonsense you all post. Then there was a huge oil spill in the gulf.

There is PRINTED and DOCUMENTED and SHARED proof that Big Oil is paying off families and even children to keep their mouth shut about the harms that came to their families back when they use to pump the lubricants water back into the ground.

Today they seemed to have stopped pumping the water back in. And people in Texas are praying to god for water because it's not coming out of their tap.

Anyway, read more, type less kids :night:

That was all quite paranoid and comical, and none of it has the slightest basis in reality, but I won't waste my time addressing it because it isn't relevant to my question.

You still haven't explained why the oil companies can't make the price of oil increase or even stop it from going down. If they were as powerful as libs claim they are, then they should have no trouble doing this. Libs have consistently blamed every increase in the price of gas on big oil. So what's the problem here? Are you going to admit that oil companies don't have any power to manipulate the oil market?

Why is Michigan the Blue State that "conservatives" usually use as their bad example?

However it is apparent that the environment is becoming cleaner in the US at least.
"Air has gotten cleaner in recent years. But more than half of people in the U.S. still breathe air dirty enough to cause health problems, according to an American Lung Association (ALA) report."
11 U.S. Cities With the Worst Air Pollution - Health.com
Corporate tools will always find inspiration in China.

Horseshit. The American Lung Association is a paid shill for the EPA.

You tell'em briar.. EVERYTHING that you don't agree with is the cause of the EPA.
And fuck the American Lung Association and their fight against lung cancer and lung disease. Who the hell they think they are making people worry about shit like that? It's the EPAs fault that people get lung cancer. It is a government conspiracy. I just know it.

Am I right briar patch?

You tell'em briar.. EVERYTHING that you don't agree with is the cause of the EPA.
And fuck the American Lung Association and their fight against lung cancer and lung disease. Who the hell they think they are making people worry about shit like that? It's the EPAs fault that people get lung cancer. It is a government conspiracy. I just know it.

Am I right briar patch?

EPA pays American Lung Association to attack GOP JunkScience.com

It's called a "free country" for a reason dude. I would have to support anything that attacked a republican politician. I hate those sumbitches. Especially that one asshole that the ALA is going after. I may have to send them some money. I didn't know they were going after that dude till you brought it up. Good for the ALA and the EPA.

It's called a "free country" for a reason dude. I would have to support anything that attacked a republican politician. I hate those sumbitches. Especially that one asshole that the ALA is going after. I may have to send them some money. I didn't know they were going after that dude till you brought it up. Good for the ALA and the EPA.

When a government agency uses tax money to attack an elected representative of the people, that isn't freedom, it's tyranny. By supporting such behaviour you only revealed that you're a servile, goose-stepping, fascist piece of shit.

When a government agency uses tax money to attack an elected representative of the people, that isn't freedom, it's tyranny. By supporting such behaviour you only revealed that you're a servile, goose-stepping, fascist piece of shit.

Stomp your feet three times and yell "Tyranny tyranny tyranny" and let me know what response you get back. It'll probably be an echo you hear. But try anyway.

Didn't you read the part where I said I hate Republican politicians and don't care who attacks them? That's the truth.

Yup. True entrepreneurs can establish their business environmentally sound. Those that can't shouldn't be up and running.

That's ignores the point that environmental regulations drive up the cost of the product.

Except that you can provide not one single instance where this is the case.

Oh puhleeze. A number of people on your side of this issue have already admitted they drive up the price.

I don't care what others have claimed. You claim that the regs drive up the price. And yet you can't cite a single instance. Clue - this is not make up shit Thursday. Try again.

Yup. True entrepreneurs can establish their business environmentally sound. Those that can't shouldn't be up and running.

That's ignores the point that environmental regulations drive up the cost of the product.

Oh puhleeze. A number of people on your side of this issue have already admitted they drive up the price.

I doubt your statement is correct because you have never posted anything informational or of value on this forum. The EPA is out of control and they have never came anywhere near that type of statement. I know the Right Wing uses lies to fill their party and I'm guessing that's what you are doing

Your certainly wrong about that. Whenever the EPA issues new regulations it has to do a cost/benefit analysis. Virtually every time it publishes one of these they show that regulations have a cost. Of course, the EPA vastly understates the cost and vastly overstates the benefits. But when do lefties ever tell the truth about anything?

And yet you cannot cite a single instance where the regulations increased costs that weren't offset by savings elsewhere.

I don't care what others have claimed. You claim that the regs drive up the price. And yet you can't cite a single instance. Clue - this is not make up shit Thursday. Try again.

rightly or wrongly, EPA regs have driven up the cost of all forms of fossil fuels. There is absolutely no denying that fact.

Many EPA regs are very good and have improved our quality of life, but we paid a price for that improvement and most of it was money well spent.

The issue is where does it end. Are we to regulate ourselves back into living in caves and eating leaves?

rightly or wrongly, EPA regs have driven up the cost of all forms of fossil fuels. There is absolutely no denying that fact.

Many EPA regs are very good and have improved our quality of life, but we paid a price for that improvement and most of it was money well spent.

The issue is where does it end. Are we to regulate ourselves back into living in caves and eating leaves?

Really? Because the regs are still in place and yet the price of oil and natural gas is as low as they've ever been in the last 8 years. I bought gasoline Thursday for $1.97/gallon, which is the lowest I've paid for it in 6 years. The prices of these commodities are not dependent on the regulations. The prices are set by the spot market.

Really? Because the regs are still in place and yet the price of oil and natural gas is as low as they've ever been in the last 8 years. I bought gasoline Thursday for $1.97/gallon, which is the lowest I've paid for it in 6 years. The prices of these commodities are not dependent on the regulations. The prices are set by the spot market.

true, oil prices are determined by many factors, mostly supply and demand. But the point remains, oil prices would be even lower without EPA regs. I am not saying those regs are bad or good, just that they cause the price to go up.

I bought gasoline Thursday for $1.97/gallon, which is the lowest I've paid for it in 6 years.

Yea, what's really cool is paying those prices and the economy isn't in freefall like the last time gas prices were low.

true, oil prices are determined by many factors, mostly supply and demand. But the point remains, oil prices would be even lower without EPA regs. I am not saying those regs are bad or good, just that they cause the price to go up.

It is absolutely untrue that EPA regulations have affected the price of oil. The regulations have had NO effect whatsoever on the price of oil. I was an environmental consultant for the oil companies for 20 years, so I know a little bit about it.

I bought gasoline Thursday for $1.97/gallon, which is the lowest I've paid for it in 6 years.

Yea, what's really cool is paying those prices and the economy isn't in freefall like the last time gas prices were low.

That is a very strange statement, since low gasoline prices actually help our economy. It was the high prices we've seen the last 6 years that has had a large negative impact on the economy.

But the point remains, oil prices would be even lower without EPA regs. I am not saying those regs are bad or good, just that they cause the price to go up.

There is a cost to everything. No free lunches. You want cleaner air, which you do, it has to have a cost. Otherwise we would all still be breathing lead fumes from gasoline and no one would have an IQ over 100.

Come to think of it, the EPA has been to little to late for a bunch of people.

Forum List

Back