EPA gets a stunning defeat after arbitrarily attempting to change the law.

The EPA took real good care of Flint, right, tard?
Fought by the state authorities every step of the way as I understand it. Or is it your narrative Michigan cooperated fully?

And, amusingly, public waterways were screwed with runoff.

Last edited:
attempt to take control of PRIVATE water sources such as canals, ponds and other man made objects by reclassifying them as wetlands.
Like those private sources never come into contact with public waterways while making a living as the owners always have..

No, private ponds, canals, and irrigation ditches almost never do. Pull your head out of your keester dude.

Fought by the state authorities every step of the way as I understand it. Or is it your narrative Michigan cooperated fully?

And, amusingly, public waterways were screwed with runoff.

Not the Animas River. The epa engineered that toxic mess all on their own. Reports are they did it intentionally.

I don't know how anyone could not protest protection of down stream water integrity, or regulation of water bodies affecting state water bodies. After all, people have a living to make like they've always done.

What's Covered:
The proposed guidance will help restore protections for waters by providing:

• Clarification that small streams and streams that flow part of the year are protected under the Clean Water Act if they have a physical, chemical or biological connection to larger bodies of water downstream and could affect the integrity of those downstream waters. Agencies would be able to evaluate groups of waters holistically rather than the current, piecemeal, stream-by-stream analysis.
  • Acknowledgment that when a water body does not have a surface connection to an interstate water or a traditional navigable water, but there is a significant physical, chemical or biological connection between the two, both waterbodies should be protected under the Clean Water Act.
  • Recognition that waterbodies may be “traditional navigable waters,” and subject to Clean Water Act protections, under a wider range of circumstances than identified in previous guidance.
  • Clarification that interstate waters (crossing state borders) are protected.
    Guidance to Identify Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act | US EPA

Last edited:
Not the Animas River.
Flint too tough to chew on?

Flint is a horrible case of mismanagement at all levels of government. Those violations go back years. Your vaunted epa, instead of dealing with a real disaster, manufactured one in New Mexico, and tried to abrogate private property rights.

In regard to Flint, it seems that an EPA without sufficient authority to summarily override state officials is to be fixed by weakening it.

In regard to Flint, it seems that an EPA without sufficient authority to summarily override state officials is to be fixed by weakening it.

Hmmm, That's not what the Congress found...

Congressional inquiry faults Michigan officials and EPA for Flint water crisis

In letters to fellow Republicans, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Friday that Michigan and federal officials were slow in detecting high levels of lead in the water and did not act fast enough once the problem was discovered.

The committee's findings offer no new information and essentially summarize what emerged during several high-profile hearings earlier this year.

“The committee found significant problems at Michigan's Department of Environmental Quality and unacceptable delays in the Environmental Protection Agency's response to the crisis,” wrote Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah). “The committee also found that the federal regulatory framework is so outdated that it sets up states to fail.”
Congressional inquiry faults Michigan officials and EPA for Flint water crisis

Your vaunted epa,
It's all yours, not mine, for what good it will be allowed to do.

We have a slightly different ethos here. For instance, a forest and a mountain now have the legal status of people, soon a river system too. This will make them a hell of a lot harder to fuck over, as lawsuits to protect the land can be brought on behalf of the land itself, rather than humans.

But I understand the US is different. Why, I've had US posters declaim the extermination of the buffalo to have been the right and proper thing. Amazing.

So the EPA is to be weakened as a response to Flint. Ok.

No, it must be weakened because they have been violating the Rights of the PEOPLE of this country under the color of authority which is a Federal felony.

My late grandfather battled the EPA.

Bunch of Nazis.

Unconstitutional brownshirted thugs.

I think it's hilarious that one of the first things Trump did as president was to shut down their internet to stop their vicious trolling. I laughed my ass off, and I've been laughing ever since.

It was over a retention pond. One of the goons said it would never be built...lol we fish in that pond now. My grandfather wouldn't back down
He's lucky they didn't kill him.

A few would probably died tryin. My grandpa was vicious. Old school Irish brawler
Wouldn't do him any good against a sniper half a mile away, or an armored vehicle.

It is a fact that the EPA lied and said the drinking water was safe while they brought in bottled water for their employees to drink.

Your vaunted epa,

We have a slightly different ethos here. For instance, a forest and a mountain now have the legal status of people, soon a river system too. This will make them a hell of a lot harder to fuck over, as lawsuits to protect the land can be brought on behalf of the land itself, rather than humans.

But I understand the US is different. Why, I've had US posters declaim the extermination of the buffalo to have been the right and proper thing. Amazing.
We still have buffalo.

So you maintain that humans should give way to animals? That's an interesting theory. Let's release wolves in the areas of England that used to have wolves and see how you guys like it. Let's chase you out of your houses so that native toads can crawl unhindered.

Your vaunted epa,

We did not exterminate them, almost but all.
They been successfully brought back in very large numbers.

Your vaunted epa,

Actually the buffalo were saved by of all things a buffalo hunter. Every one of the hundreds of thousands of buffalo we get to enjoy today are all descended from that one small herd he preserved.

It’s going to take time before we start seeing improvements in all branches of government.
The mess obama left behind is unprecedented.

Forum List

Back