🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

EU to Trump - 'We can also do stupid'

The one BAD thing about the GOP has always been their mantra of “free trade” which was code word for selling out our industries and jobs to cheap Chinese labor.
Hey, if the Chinese can do it cheaper, that frees us up to INNOVATE, something Americans used to be pretty good at. Maybe we could spend more of our new found "free time" finding a better way of doing it, instead of blaming the "chinese boogey man", or here's a crazy idea, create a product/service of a QUALITY the chinese cannot match.

Whatever you do, stop being so easily duped, and take some damn responsibility for yourself. Find a way or MAKE one.

THAT USED TO BE THE AMERICAN WAY

The Chinese do it “cheaper” because they use what amounts to slave labor.
All outsourcing just destroys middle class jobs in America, which is one of the primary goals of globalist pigs.
You may want to inform Fortune Magazine....

"The U.S. has lost 5 million factory jobs since 2000. And trade has indeed claimed production jobs – in particular when China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001. Nevertheless, there was no downturn in U.S. manufacturing output. As a matter of fact, U.S. production has been growing over the last decades. From 2006 to 2013, “manufacturing grew by 17.6%, or at roughly 2.2% per year,” according to a report from Ball State University. The study reports as well that trade accounted for 13% of the lost U.S. factory jobs, but 88% of the jobs were taken by robots and other factors at home."
Don’t Blame China For Taking U.S. Jobs

Or maybe you should educate yourself before you shout about how you know things. Just a thought.

As for the labor situation in China, I agree, what can we do though? The only thing I know of is stop buying their stuff. But then again, that would cripple the U.S. retail market. So, yeah, simple answers to complex problems are GREAT!!!

What can we do? Are you this moronic? We can put tariffs on their goods until they clean up their human rights abuses and stop shitting on the environment. Funny how leftwingers claim to care about the environment yet have no problem rewarding China for shitting on the environment.
This isn't going to punish China.
We could punish China through the WTO, but Trump doesn't know how to cooperate with people to get things done.

Yea....those globalists in the WTO will really be willing to punish China.

Remember when the EU imposed TARIFFS on Chinese steel? The WTO ruled against the EU! Globalist pigs to the core that seek the economic downfall of the West.

EU loses WTO case, China could seek trade sanctions

Hey, if the Chinese can do it cheaper, that frees us up to INNOVATE, something Americans used to be pretty good at. Maybe we could spend more of our new found "free time" finding a better way of doing it, instead of blaming the "chinese boogey man", or here's a crazy idea, create a product/service of a QUALITY the chinese cannot match.

Whatever you do, stop being so easily duped, and take some damn responsibility for yourself. Find a way or MAKE one.

All outsourcing just destroys middle class jobs in America, which is one of the primary goals of globalist pigs.

"The U.S. has lost 5 million factory jobs since 2000. And trade has indeed claimed production jobs – in particular when China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001. Nevertheless, there was no downturn in U.S. manufacturing output. As a matter of fact, U.S. production has been growing over the last decades. From 2006 to 2013, “manufacturing grew by 17.6%, or at roughly 2.2% per year,” according to a report from Ball State University. The study reports as well that trade accounted for 13% of the lost U.S. factory jobs, but 88% of the jobs were taken by robots and other factors at home."

Or maybe you should educate yourself before you shout about how you know things. Just a thought.

As for the labor situation in China, I agree, what can we do though? The only thing I know of is stop buying their stuff. But then again, that would cripple the U.S. retail market. So, yeah, simple answers to complex problems are GREAT!!!

What can we do? Are you this moronic? We can put tariffs on their goods until they clean up their human rights abuses and stop shitting on the environment. Funny how leftwingers claim to care about the environment yet have no problem rewarding China for shitting on the environment.
We could punish China through the WTO, but Trump doesn't know how to cooperate with people to get things done.

Remember when the EU imposed TARIFFS on Chinese steel? The WTO ruled against the EU! Globalist pigs to the core that seek the economic downfall of the West.

Yeah, it hurts everyone. Except China. The guy didn't say the WTO should use tariffs. I don't know what he thought--pressure of some kind I guess--because despite what Trump says, historically tariffs don't seem to work out very well.

Yeah, it hurts everyone. Except China. The guy didn't say the WTO should use tariffs. I don't know what he thought--pressure of some kind I guess--because despite what Trump says, historically tariffs don't seem to work out very well.

Tariffs work great for Europe. Nearly every car in Germany is made in Germany.

Juncker responds to Trump's trade tariffs: 'We can also do stupid'

European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker has vowed to fight back against US President Donald Trump's threat of a 25% tariff on steel and 10% on aluminium imports.

"So now we will also impose import tariffs. This is basically a stupid process, the fact that we have to do this. But we have to do it. We will now impose tariffs on motorcycles, Harley Davidson, on blue jeans, Levis, on Bourbon. We can also do stupid. We also have to be this stupid," he said in Hamburg on Friday evening.

And so it begins. The cheers of the US steel makers will soon be drowned out by the yelps of the bourbon distilleries and in the end nobody wins.

Not really. America will win, when we yank all of our troops out of Western
Europe and leave those fags defenseless against Russia.

We'll still remain in Eastern Europe with out real allies...the former
Warsaw Pact Countries. Since 1990, anytime we've asked for support
those people in Poland, Romania, Hungary have always been there for
us.

Fuck the French...Fuck the Germans...and Fuck the Brits.

The one good thing about the GOP was their stances on free trade and capitalism. It’s shocking how quickly and easily they abandoned them.

I'm all for free trade, the agreements that the United States has signed are not fair, so I am all for forcing other country's hands to level the playing field.

I am not sure these tariffs will work however it will bring everyone to the table to hammer out inequities.

European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker has vowed to fight back against US President Donald Trump's threat of a 25% tariff on steel and 10% on aluminium imports.

"So now we will also impose import tariffs. This is basically a stupid process, the fact that we have to do this. But we have to do it. We will now impose tariffs on motorcycles, Harley Davidson, on blue jeans, Levis, on Bourbon. We can also do stupid. We also have to be this stupid," he said in Hamburg on Friday evening.

And so it begins. The cheers of the US steel makers will soon be drowned out by the yelps of the bourbon distilleries and in the end nobody wins.

Maybe, maybe not, to me much of this is posturing and the trade agreements need to be equaled. NAFTA has worked well for Mexico and Canada, it hasn't be good for America.

Time will tell what the results are.

but we should punish human rights abusers and countries that dump on the environment. Free trade with civilized countries with human rights and environmental laws like our own, and tariffs on third world shitholes.
Would it not be far more effective to just ban imports from countries/producers, that do not comply with our standards? Would that not send a far more direct, and strong message? I would dare to say that we would only have to do it to one or two countries and the rest of the world would, generally, comply. We are, after all, one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) market...

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way advocating ending trade relationships with China, or anyone else. That would be devastating to BOTH of our economies, and the world as a whole. I believe that shedding light on the truth, publicly (essentially shaming them on the world stage), would be far more effective. However, that too could be very dangerous if not done correctly.

The simple truth is that this is a very complicated issue, and a simple answer to complex problems of this nature, are rarely the best option.

If that is your measure of "success" then I'm sure you are correct. Just remember, made in Germany (or anywhere else) does not equal made better. Nor does it equate to a better standard of living.

Stupid has been the only thing they have been doing, so we already knew that.

They can do stupid, but they certainly can't do "winning", which what Trump does.

Anyone can do stupid, by the way. Even you...

If that is your measure of "success" then I'm sure you are correct. Just remember, made in Germany (or anywhere else) does not equal made better. Nor does it equate to a better standard of living.

Most people do equate “made in Germany” as being better. But, that’s not why they do tariffs, it’s to protect their manufacturing jobs.

um, they already post tariffs against us we just equalled the playing field. Why is it ok for them to do it to us but not ok for us to do it back to them?

The one good thing about the GOP was their stances on free trade and capitalism. It’s shocking how quickly and easily they abandoned them.

The one BAD thing about the GOP has always been their mantra of “free trade” which was code word for selling out our industries and jobs to cheap Chinese labor.

There you go, automation is what is really killing manufacturing jobs. How do you tarrif that?

There you go, automation is what is really killing manufacturing jobs. How do you tarrif that?

If automation is killing all the jobs, why is there a 500 billion trade deficit with China, mostly having to do with manufactured goods?

Indeed, your explanation seems to fall flat on its face.

If automation is killing all the jobs, why is there a 500 billion trade deficit with China, mostly having to do with manufactured goods?

Then why has the USA's manufacturing output increased if not for automation . If fewer people are working in manufacturing but output has increased, how other than automation does that happen? I know magic.

Then why has the USA's manufacturing output increased if not for automation . If fewer people are working in manufacturing but output has increased, how other than automation does that happen? I know magic.

I never said automation didn't explain the increase in the output.

China's peg on their currency on the other hand explains the destruction of jobs as well as the deficit. But keep pretending that automation is the reason for the lack of jobs when we are running a 500 billion deficit.

It’s embarrassing that the whole world knows what a dunce we have for president. I’ve been to 3 countries since this buffoon took over and people either say,” what the hell is wrong with your president?” Or they pity me having him as president.”

"Walking back" Trump's initial stance, we now have Mexico, Canada, Japan, Australia and South Korea EXEMPT from the tariffs.........Besides these latter five countries, how many more will seek an exemption?

If Trump had any balls, he should have said that he wants ONLY China to be imposed tariffs.

China's peg on their currency on the other hand explains the destruction of jobs as well as the deficit. But keep pretending that automation is the reason for the lack of jobs when we are running a 500 billion deficit.

And I never said a trade deficit did not contribute to loss of jobs. But go ahead and bury your head in the sand and believe that suddenly companies are going to not use technology to replace people. Especially as that technology becomes cheaper and more reliable by the minute! Fail on your part!

And I never said a trade deficit did not contribute to loss of jobs. But go ahead and bury your head in the sand and believe that suddenly companies are going to not use technology to replace people. Especially as that technology becomes cheaper and more reliable by the minute! Fail on your part!

Great, then we are in agreement.

Seems like plenty of people here think that the jobs are leaving only because of automation.

Great, then we are in agreement.

Seems like plenty of people here think that the jobs are leaving only because of automation.

Very few things are so simple as to positively identify just a single factor!

Forum List

Back