Europe leads the way in trying to ban religious freedom

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Around 15 French towns have banned the outfit mainly worn by Muslim women this summer, with around 24 women being stopped in Nice since the ban came into force, reports the Guardian. As with France’s ban on headscarves, supporters argue that the burkini goes against the deeply-held French principle of laïcité, or secularism, which is enshrined in the country’s laws.

Anglican priest Jenny Dawkins, who decided to take part in the protest after seeing the “chilling” images of the woman in Nice, calls it a weak argument. “I guess [the bans] are under the guise of secularism, that clothes expressing a religious view in a secular society is not acceptable,” Dawkins told TIME. “Whatever creed leads to somebody being isolated and intimidated to take their clothes off is not a creed I subscribe to.”

On the 'Beach' with Burkini Ban Protestors Outside London's French Embassy

What next, no gold cross jewelry?

Around 15 French towns have banned the outfit mainly worn by Muslim women this summer, with around 24 women being stopped in Nice since the ban came into force, reports the Guardian. As with France’s ban on headscarves, supporters argue that the burkini goes against the deeply-held French principle of laïcité, or secularism, which is enshrined in the country’s laws.

Anglican priest Jenny Dawkins, who decided to take part in the protest after seeing the “chilling” images of the woman in Nice, calls it a weak argument. “I guess [the bans] are under the guise of secularism, that clothes expressing a religious view in a secular society is not acceptable,” Dawkins told TIME. “Whatever creed leads to somebody being isolated and intimidated to take their clothes off is not a creed I subscribe to.”

I agree. They should be banning Islamists from their country, not clothing.

not in classrooms

The problem is not women wearing the burkini. It's that once women are allowed to wear the burkini, gangs of both male and female muslims attack and beat women not wearing the burkini. It is a matter of public safety.

Check out the left quickly coming to the defense of the rights of the false religion while they are so quick to point out the dastardly acts of a Christian baker here.

The only thing more pathetic than a stink muslim following a cult, and that is the left wingers that enable them.

Especially moronic left wing women. Nothing more insidious than them.

stupid bitch.

The problem is not women wearing the burkini. It's that once women are allowed to wear the burkini, gangs of both male and female muslims attack and beat women not wearing the burkini. It is a matter of public safety.
No, that's not it at all. Gangs have not been attacking women at the beach for not wearing burkinis. And why deny someone a right to wear a particular bathing suit because someone might act badly otherwise.

You really aren't much different than your average Islamist radical.

This completely-covering religious garb is quite legal on French beaches, which demonstrates that the French law isn't about security, or about pushing secularism. It's simply an anti-muslim law.

CqnJce1WAAALkFN.jpg

No, that's not it at all. Gangs have not been attacking women at the beach for not wearing burkinis. And why deny someone a right to wear a particular bathing suit because someone might act badly otherwise.

You really aren't much different than your average Islamist radical.
I hate to say this but I agree with you on that one on the beach. I can see burka and face covering being a valid issue for public safety since suicide bombs can be hidden with ease under them even by male extremist terrorists hiding under burka covering.

If you want to give muslims the freedom of religion, you will have to take away the freedom of women

Muzzie Beasts are destroying topless bathing on the Riviera. For that alone the religion should be crushed. :boobies:

Muslim women don't want to wear a burka, they have to
We are not talking about Burkas. We are talking about what is basically a wet suit.
They have to wear it or they will be beaten
And if they are, in France, the people doing the beating are liable for criminal prosecution.

You don't personally know if they want to wear the burkinis or not. In middle eastern countries they are not allowed to wear even burkinis. This is a step forward to assimilation that you should be applauding.

Forum List

Back