Europe leads the way in trying to ban religious freedom

Around 15 French towns have banned the outfit mainly worn by Muslim women this summer, with around 24 women being stopped in Nice since the ban came into force, reports the Guardian. As with France’s ban on headscarves, supporters argue that the burkini goes against the deeply-held French principle of laïcité, or secularism, which is enshrined in the country’s laws.

Anglican priest Jenny Dawkins, who decided to take part in the protest after seeing the “chilling” images of the woman in Nice, calls it a weak argument. “I guess [the bans] are under the guise of secularism, that clothes expressing a religious view in a secular society is not acceptable,” Dawkins told TIME. “Whatever creed leads to somebody being isolated and intimidated to take their clothes off is not a creed I subscribe to.”

On the 'Beach' with Burkini Ban Protestors Outside London's French Embassy

What next, no gold cross jewelry?

Look what the religious have perpatrated on them. I don't blame them.
Again, this is more freedom than these women ever saw in middle eastern countries.

Happily cooler heads in France rescinded the idiocy.

If muslim men claim a religious right to beat unveiled women doesn't stopping them prevent freedom of religion?

France is in danger of becoming a Christian theocracy.

Are we going to start banning one peice swimsuits as their abdomen cannot be seen? Or banning towels.

Nope, just clothing designed to undermine a countries freedom, law and culture.

That's your opinion and you are free to that. But obviously that's not what other people think. We can't go policing what people wear. Communist and super strict Islamic countries do that. We have to better than that.

It's not an "opinion". You know nothing about Islam.

Stop importing the Third World. Problem solved.

Are we going to start banning one peice swimsuits as their abdomen cannot be seen? Or banning towels.

Nope, just clothing designed to undermine a countries freedom, law and culture.

That's your opinion and you are free to that. But obviously that's not what other people think. We can't go policing what people wear. Communist and super strict Islamic countries do that. We have to better than that.

It's not an "opinion". You know nothing about Islam.

Show me where in the Quran that says hijab is worn to undermine freedom.

I'm actually Muslim so I may know a little something about Islam. I don't wear hijab regularly but I occasionally wear it when I go to Friday prayers. I wear it to show respect for going to a place of worship and for God. I don't wear it to undermine freedom.

But maybe you know better than me, Shaikh Brynmr ( since you're knowledgeable about Islam )

Show me where in the Quran that says hijab is worn to undermine freedom.

All of Islam undermines freedom. Islam HATES freedom because freedom creates fitna. Moslems are forbidden to even LEAVE Islam. Women in Islam are treated as property. Their dress is designed to subjugate them to men. They are LESS than men. Everything Islam does in our free societies is jihad including forcing their oppressive culture done our throats.

But maybe you know better than me, Shaikh Brynmr ( since you're knowledgeable about Islam )

If you believe Islam is a good religion or that it is one of the World's great religions, then you have been brain washed.

Last edited:
Nobody has the right to conceal their identity in public for religious or any other reason. Wear a head scarf, that's fine. But if you're trying to hide from cameras and facial recognition software, you're a terrorist as far as I'm concerned.

The OP has missed the point completely.

Whether on the beach or elsewhere these type of garments strongly upset people because of the upheavals caused by fundamental Islam, especially after the horrific terrorist attack in Nice.

The women who wear these clothes themselves are fundamentalists.

Also, France wants all its citizens to integrate into the French way of life and wearing these outfits is a blatant snub against integration.

No body cares what these women wear. If muslims did not go around beating up those NOT dressed in islamic dress no one would ever have cared.

Whether on the beach or elsewhere these type of garments strongly upset people because of the upheavals caused by fundamental Islam, especially after the horrific terrorist attack in Nice.

Also, France wants all its citizens to integrate into the French way of life and wearing these outfits is a blatant snub against integration.

Islamic fundamentalist actually say the bruquni isn't modest enough and shun women mixing with men on the beach anyway.

This is what people don't get. People who are against the bruquni are in line with what fundie Muslims believe by being against it.

Western conservatives and Islamic fundamentalist have a lot in common. Which is sad.

Islamic fundamentalist actually say the bruquni isn't modest enough and shun women mixing with men on the beach anyway.

This is what people don't get. People who are against the bruquni are in line with what fundie Muslims believe by being against it.

Western conservatives and Islamic fundamentalist have a lot in common. Which is sad.

Burkini.....or burkani or whatever.

What rubbish!

If you are not going to integrate, then don't go to the beach.

Period.

No body cares what these women wear. If muslims did not go around beating up those NOT dressed in islamic dress no one would ever have cared.

Who's beating up for not wearing hijab. I've been to about 6 different Muslim countries and no one beat me up for not wearing hijab. In fact hijab in Muslim countries is not as common as people think.

What rubbish!

Period.

I understand that face covering unacceptable. I wouldn't advise any Muslim woman to wear it in a western country. But how is covering the hair offensive? Nuns cover their hair and no one accuses them of not integrating. So do Muslim women have to dress like a nun to not be accused of not integrating?

I know many hijabi women are doctors and teachers. So are they not contributing to society?

I didn't realize integration was based on how someone dressed. I thought it was about their positive contributions to society.

What rubbish!

Period.

I understand that face covering unacceptable. I wouldn't advise any Muslim woman to wear it in a western country. But how is covering the hair offensive? Nuns cover their hair and no one accuses them of not integrating. So do Muslim women have to dress like a nun to not be accused of not integrating?

I know many hijabi women are doctors and teachers. So are they not contributing to society?

I didn't realize integration was based on how someone dressed. I thought it was about their positive contributions to society.

I am not talking about a simple cover of the hair with a hat, or something like that.

I have no problem with that.

I am talking about burkas or burkinis wore on the beach....Islamic fundamental attire worn on the beach is not and should not be acceptable.

I don't care what they wear anyplace. Just don't tell women not wearing muslim dress to cover up.

Forum List

Back