Votes: 3 37.5%
  • no, I normally vote democrat

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • yes, I normally vote GOP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, I normally vote GOP

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
I realize this is a complete waste of time, but have any of you, on either side of the political divide, given the slightest thought to what the collapse of the Republican party could mean? Ah, no , I forget, that's politics. You wouldn't be interested. Go back to calling each other turds. Sorry to have interrupted.

Well. Aren't you the scholar.

Have you taken the time to engage anyone here in a conversation that doesn't involve you telling them how stupid they are?

Perhaps you might want to spend some time in a forum that isn't about politics. Then...you might find a few people who have some thoughts that don't offend you.
Thoughts never offend me. Have you expressed one? I respond to thoughtful posts with thoughtful replies and to complete stupidity with mockery. What the hell do you expect me to say to some moron who responds to my quoting fucking Abraham Lincoln by calling me a libturd? I have so far posted NOTHING which a rational person could construe as partisan. I have yet to be responded to with anything but personal attacks. Do you think that's worthy of respect?

I have run several forums. I was one of those "Nazis" who moderated posts. I did not allow the kind of ad hominem bullshit that passes for thought in this cesspool. This thread is about the possible demise of a major American political party. Almost no one has responded to that subject. Does that strike you as a good thing?

Sir, I assure you, make a thoughtful reply and I will respond both thoughtfully and respectfully. This thread is about a serious subject, which should be of great concern to any real American. I didn't come here for grade school rank out contests. I came for conversation. Do you want to have one?

Sure. Tell me what is on your mind without commenting on what others have said, have not said.....or what you expect them to say. I will then consider your comments and respond accordingly.

If cruz wins the nomination the party is dead as a national party.

People love their ssi, medicare, roads, and science institutions. Most Americans don't want to act like a bunch of cave fucking savages.

Pure hyperbole
Then show us what real intelligence is. Provide a thoughtful analysis of why the Republican party won't die. Show us why the many people on the right and left who are concerned about that possibility are wrong.

Well let's see, one year ago they shellacked the left in the midterms, they keep winning elections at every level....thoughtful enough?
No, but it's a step in the right direction.

Try objectivity. People who suggest the Republican party is in trouble are not your enemy. They are not attacking you personally. Are you in fact a Republican? The chairman of the RNC is one of the people who has expressed concern, not certitude, just concern, that the Republican party is facing an existential crisis. Many prominent pundits on both side of the political divide have expressed concern as well. Their concerns center around the White House, not the congress or the states. Their concern also centers around how many members of their own party hate them. I have spoken with a number of conservatives who have said that nothing would make them happier than to see the Republican party die.

Here's a question. What would the fragmentation of the Republican party mean for the congress? What would that do to the idea of a majority and minority leader?

People love their ssi, medicare, roads, and science institutions. Most Americans don't want to act like a bunch of cave fucking savages.

Pure hyperbole
Then show us what real intelligence is. Provide a thoughtful analysis of why the Republican party won't die. Show us why the many people on the right and left who are concerned about that possibility are wrong.

Well let's see, one year ago they shellacked the left in the midterms, they keep winning elections at every level....thoughtful enough?
No, but it's a step in the right direction.

Try objectivity. People who suggest the Republican party is in trouble are not your enemy. They are not attacking you personally. Are you in fact a Republican? The chairman of the RNC is one of the people who has expressed concern, not certitude, just concern, that the Republican party is facing an existential crisis. Many prominent pundits on both side of the political divide have expressed concern as well. Their concerns center around the White House, not the congress or the states. Their concern also centers around how many members of their own party hate them. I have spoken with a number of conservatives who have said that nothing would make them happier than to see the Republican party die.

Here's a question. What would the fragmentation of the Republican party mean for the congress? What would that do to the idea of a majority and minority leader?

The GOP isn't going anywhere, this entire thread is stupid

There is no connection to anything you cited.

You continually make things up to argue against.

Tell your mother you need a different medication.

I am not a Republican or a Democrat but I will say that it is interesting that the OP would post such a thread considering the ass whooping the Democrats got the last two elections. Getting elected for a second term isn't that hard, hell even Bush did it. He did it with the left wing saying pretty much the same thing the OP is saying.

Democrats offer no one anything. Time to punish them good.

I wish the establishment GOP would fade.

I wish the establishment dems would be right there with them.

We need something new and it isn't Hillary or Trump.

I am not a Republican or a Democrat but I will say that it is interesting that the OP would post such a thread considering the ass whooping the Democrats got the last two elections. Getting elected for a second term isn't that hard, hell even Bush did it. He did it with the left wing saying pretty much the same thing the OP is saying.

Democrats offer no one anything. Time to punish them good.

The democrats can't hold seats such as the one in CO.

But the GOP is dying ?

ROTFLMAO

I wish the establishment GOP would fade.

I wish the establishment dems would be right there with them.

We need something new and it isn't Hillary or Trump.

I have been saying the same thing since NAFTA was passed. Both parties are the different sides of the same coin. If Union and blacks had any sense they would form another party, one that I would participate in. The two we have now are full of those just wishing to continue the status quo.

I realize this is a complete waste of time, but have any of you, on either side of the political divide, given the slightest thought to what the collapse of the Republican party could mean? Ah, no , I forget, that's politics. You wouldn't be interested. Go back to calling each other turds. Sorry to have interrupted.

Have you taken the time to engage anyone here in a conversation that doesn't involve you telling them how stupid they are?

Perhaps you might want to spend some time in a forum that isn't about politics. Then...you might find a few people who have some thoughts that don't offend you.
Thoughts never offend me. Have you expressed one? I respond to thoughtful posts with thoughtful replies and to complete stupidity with mockery. What the hell do you expect me to say to some moron who responds to my quoting fucking Abraham Lincoln by calling me a libturd? I have so far posted NOTHING which a rational person could construe as partisan. I have yet to be responded to with anything but personal attacks. Do you think that's worthy of respect?

I have run several forums. I was one of those "Nazis" who moderated posts. I did not allow the kind of ad hominem bullshit that passes for thought in this cesspool. This thread is about the possible demise of a major American political party. Almost no one has responded to that subject. Does that strike you as a good thing?

Sir, I assure you, make a thoughtful reply and I will respond both thoughtfully and respectfully. This thread is about a serious subject, which should be of great concern to any real American. I didn't come here for grade school rank out contests. I came for conversation. Do you want to have one?

Sure. Tell me what is on your mind without commenting on what others have said, have not said.....or what you expect them to say. I will then consider your comments and respond accordingly.
Read the first post of mine you quoted. My question was the one which ended with a question mark. Yes, that question was wrapped in mockery, and well deserved mockery it was. This thread and every other thread I've seen (CDZ aside) has been worthless garbage. Do you like this? Is this your idea of being conversational? Cause it ain't mine.

As far as what I believe, I think the end of the two party system may be beneficial, but it sure will be messy. There is power in numbers. Libertarians caucus with Republicans, not because they agree about everything, but because it makes them more powerful. That's politics. Parliamentary systems are designed to fall apart and come back together again in a new configuration. Our system is not. We're not just talking about a threat to the Republican party, we're talking about a threat to our governmental structure.Our legislative system could collapse, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Given the democrats have been getting decimated in elections recently euthanasia is a wee premature. The dems would be wise to figure why they are indeed losing seats at every level
The GOP is the result of a purge from the Whig party. When Hillary LOSES then the DNC will purge THEIR party.

There was no "purge". The Whigs had already disintegrated. Didn't even have enough continuity to renominate their own sitting POTUS. The new RP then filled the vacuum they left.
Do you think that sort of thing could happen soon?

Yeah and I see that that's the thrust of the thread. If Rump succeeds in destroying the party I think it's automatic that some new one organizes to fill the vacuum. But its first order of business would have to be to ban Rump's immigration into it.

--- and more's the pity, since it would in effect preserve and perpetuate the Duopoly system. I'd rather we dispense with parties altogether.

Such a successor would undoubtledly be comprised of the present Republican population since it's already in place. One would hope this new party would at the least take the opportunity to dispense with the "social conservative"/religious baboon shit the Jerry Falwells brought in and go back to honest Conservatism.
The GOP already has wrecked itself. The failed to govern by the conservative principles on which they ran their campaigns...
Boehner quit. Mc Connell will lose if he runs again for his seat. The RINO GOP establishment cannot force their chosen candidate( Jeb Bush) to get more than 5% of polling numbers for the GOP nomination. The only reason Bush has not dropped out is because the RNC won't let him. Plus the RNC is so stupid for believing Trump is not going to follow through. That he is not a legitimate candidate.
I don't think the RNC believes he's an illegitimate candidate. Maybe they believed that a few months ago, but not now. What concerns them is that he's neither a Republican nor a conservative, and that if he hijacks their nomination, they're through.

What amazes me is how no one considers how impotent Trump will be if he gets elected. He'll face obstruction from the left and the right. So would Cruz.

Well what do you think would happen?

He doesnt know,he just likes to pretend to be intelligent.
No, I am intelligent. That's why I know I don't know what will happen. Only idiots have certitude about everything. What I have is a great deal of concern. That too is the burden that thoughtful people have to live with. I repeat my question. Have you considered the fallout of the collapse of one of our two major parties? Of course you haven't.

So I was right...
Of course you're right. About everything. That's because you are a living god! We can but bask in the radiance of your perfect wisdom. Happy now?

The Gop is a party on the way out. It's on life support in the nursing home.

Assuming Trump doesn't make it to the final round.

Is it time to invoke Nietzsche law , That which is falling should be pushed? I certainly wouldnt advocate this with an individual person, but a political party, maybe?

What I'm suggesting, is for the good of America, next time, all conservatives should vote Democrat, so that Conservatism can be reborn.

another child with a big imagination LMFAO !!!

Read the first post of mine you quoted. My question was the one which ended with a question mark. Yes, that question was wrapped in mockery, and well deserved mockery it was. This thread and every other thread I've seen (CDZ aside) has been worthless garbage. Do you like this? Is this your idea of being conversational? Cause it ain't mine.

As far as what I believe, I think the end of the two party system may be beneficial, but it sure will be messy. There is power in numbers. Libertarians caucus with Republicans, not because they agree about everything, but because it makes them more powerful. That's politics. Parliamentary systems are designed to fall apart and come back together again in a new configuration. Our system is not. We're not just talking about a threat to the Republican party, we're talking about a threat to our governmental structure.Our legislative system could collapse, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If you have run several boards, you must know that not every person posting on them Is a thoughtless idiot. Much like you, many members here have found that mocking is all that is deserved by some. And....it's a source of entertainment.

If you stick around.....and have some patience....you'll encounter posts that are both intelligent and without insults. I'd suggest focusing in on those rather than repeatedly telling us all how disappointed you are in the level of discourse. We know.

Now......if one seeks a solution to a problem, it is a good idea to identify the source of the problem. I believe that the problem which threatens to do irreparable harm to the GOP...... is the fact that the GOP's thought leaders are entertainers. Their goals are more viewers, listeners, book buyers and ad clicks. The GOP handed over the reins of the party to these people a couple of decades ago....and now....they make or break candidates.

Can that be fixed? Sure. But it's going to take some balls.

Finally....I've no problem with considering a parliamentary system. It's a legitimate method for selecting representatives.

Is it time to invoke Nietzsche law , That which is falling should be pushed? I certainly wouldnt advocate this with an individual person, but a political party, maybe?

What I'm suggesting, is for the good of America, next time, all conservatives should vote Democrat, so that Conservatism can be reborn.

"Euthanasia for GOP?"

Screw that. Euthanasia would be too easy and kind. Let 'em suffer.

"Euthanasia for GOP?"

Screw that. Euthanasia would be too easy and kind. Let 'em suffer.
As the Fly Over States continue to grow................
Your side is losing across the nation and has never been this low in representation in 40 years................

Hardly anything to Crow about.

Relax Trump won't be the nominee, Cruz will and he will put an historic can of whoop ass on the Democrats.

He will gut our ability to compete in science and pretty much trash our country as a first world power. Gutting has never been a plan!!! I guess religious fundies love living poorly and in their own shit.

hahha

I guess religious fundies love living poorly and in their own shit.

And libs importing millions of third world illiterates and putting them on welfare is a great way to rebuild our infrastructure.
Assclown.

Nonsense.

All the GOP needs to do is relegate the social right, religious fundamentalists, and TPM/libertarian reactionaries to the political backseat and allow the adults of the party to pursue sound, responsible governance.

Forum List

Back