Euthanasia

I've never claimed to be a doctor, lol.

And if he's a medical professional, he's a crazy one. Define "medical professional". Do you mean an aid? Perhaps the guy who empties out the sharps containers? Lol...receptionist at the free clinic? Somehow I doubt if he's that far up the food chain...

I am a medical student, I've never claimed to be any more or less. I am not a professional. I don't get paid.

Whatever my bona fides are, I am sure they outweigh your "classified CV". Either that or you slept through all your classes on professional ethics and your entire core rotation year.

This is such a good point. When we attempt to preserve life with modern technology and we fail *just enough* that the conditions of the body and/or mind does NOT improve it seems to seriously cross the line between being humane and being inhumane. Allowing individuals to continue on life support whose bodies are showing obvious signs of internal rot (not referring to digestion) is IMO sadistic and mirrors hell.

The whole process is so inhuman. To force cancer patients to live from morphine dose to morphine dose as they move from drug induced coma to extreme pain for their remaining days.
Most pet owners know they do not want their beloved pet to suffer and will make the difficult choice to quickly and painlessly end their suffering
With humans, we are more callous. We force you to die under conditions that meet our moral/religious code but ignore the patients and families stated wishes

My Mother had lung cancer.
When she was diagnosed as terminal, we brought her home under Hospice and she was given the morphine patch to wear. I was the one that applied her pain patch when it was time to reapply a new one. I remember having to wear rubber gloves when I changed patches.
Anyway, my Mother requested from her doctor, that when she went home to die, the only thing she asked, was to please not let her lie there and suffer. The doctors described to us how the morphine patch worked, and that is what my Mother chose.
She passed peacefully in her sleep, she was in no pain.....at all....for her last 2 weeks, when she was home with us.

Beautiful story. This was not euthanasia. Your mother died of natural causes and pain free.

What you are doing kosher, isn't "kosher". You are practicing medicine without a license.

You need a PHD, or an MD, to diagnose mental illness. As GTH says, if you had one, you wouldn't be diagnosing the mental health of anonymous strangers on an internet message board.

Last edited:
And what makes you think that i am not alright with the care of the ugly and smelly people...:lol: Where do i say anything about convenience or inconvenience....

This issue is about the dying and the ones in pain.

you do have a way of confusing issues sky.

Your motivation is to kill another out of aversion.

Mine is to keep someone I love pain free while they die naturally.

I have no right to interfere. You think you do. You go ahead and play god then, and leave me and my loved ones alone.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but this will sound bad. If the person you were speaking of was sick of managing the pain, and wanted to wear three extra morphine patches, and take a hand full of pills would you stop them even though there was nothing for them to look forward to but weeks or months of pain and suffering ? Wouldn't it be better for that person who is going to kill them selves and be found sprawled out on the floor by a loved one by a loved one to receive instruction, and assistance so they can die with dignity, and maybe softly surrounded by loved ones ?

You did not sound like a smartass to me and I don't think it sounded bad how you wrote it.
If one of my loved ones were laying in a bed, dying, and already being given whatever pain meds they can have.......if they wanted to take an extra few to end the suffering.....would I help??
In a New York minute.

EXHIBIT A

Professor Kosher In Her Study,
( Beside Her Analyst Couch )
With a Candlestick

She is a rather pitiable figure, sad, lonely, middle- aged, albeit with skills in webmastering and gathering data, even if her data analysis skills do leave a lot to be desired...... Unfortunately, her talents are misdirected".

Wake Up From Your Slumber | The Truth Will Set You Free

Last edited:
What I had sincerely hoped was a coming together for this topic of both medical professionals and of illiterate, uneducated but potential providers. This topic is not something that only medical professionals should be mentally and emotionally equipped for... I would hope that such an understanding will eventually come about that there will be a sufficient sharing resulting in a growth of interest by average people outside of those of us already impassioned. :(

Your motivation is to kill another out of aversion.

Mine is to keep someone I love pain free while they die naturally.

I have no right to interfere. You think you do. You go ahead and play god then, and leave me and my loved ones alone.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but this will sound bad. If the person you were speaking of was sick of managing the pain, and wanted to wear three extra morphine patches, and take a hand full of pills would you stop them even though there was nothing for them to look forward to but weeks or months of pain and suffering ? Wouldn't it be better for that person who is going to kill them selves and be found sprawled out on the floor by a loved one by a loved one to receive instruction, and assistance so they can die with dignity, and maybe softly surrounded by loved ones ?

You did not sound like a smartass to me and I don't think it sounded bad how you wrote it.
If one of my loved ones were laying in a bed, dying, and already being given whatever pain meds they can have.......if they wanted to take an extra few to end the suffering.....would I help??
In a New York minute.

:clap2:

Good for you Dabs!

What I had sincerely hoped was a coming together for this topic of both medical professionals and of illiterate, uneducated but potential providers. This topic is not something that only medical professionals should be mentally and emotionally equipped for... I would hope that such an understanding will eventually come about that there will be a sufficient sharing resulting in a growth of interest by average people outside of those of us already impassioned. :(

Anyone who has a loved one who is dying, or who has cared for a dying person has an interest in this topic.

Thank you for yours.

Sky

What you are doing kosher, isn't "kosher". You are practicing medicine without a license.

You need a PHD, or an MD, to diagnose mental illness. As GTH says, if you had one, you wouldn't be diagnosing the mental health of anonymous strangers on an internet message board.

Bullshit.

I gave an opinion. That isn't practicing medicine, you nutcase. I believe you're a narcissist. Do what you want with the knowledge, that's what narcissists do.

What a loon. And that idiot gaux isn't far behind you.

KG are you CG? The two of you seem to post almost exactly the same way.

yes, I'm two people.

No, of course I'm not....but if she posts like me, she's brilliant! (And funny, and undoubtedly very good looking).

I've never claimed to be a doctor, lol.

And if he's a medical professional, he's a crazy one. Define "medical professional". Do you mean an aid? Perhaps the guy who empties out the sharps containers? Lol...receptionist at the free clinic? Somehow I doubt if he's that far up the food chain...

I am a medical student, I've never claimed to be any more or less. I am not a professional. I don't get paid.

Whatever my bona fides are, I am sure they outweigh your "classified CV". Either that or you slept through all your classes on professional ethics and your entire core rotation year.

Wow you really read a lot into one internet comment.

Probably part of your illness.

N'ah. I doubt CG would engage in sock puppetry.

How is any of what KG about sock puppetry? Perhaps it isn't about sock puppetry at all, perhaps that is merely the illusion that allows some to develop a mental picture... that potentially makes or breaks their further developmental understanding. Some religious theologies, some philosophies would have us forever be vessels, necessarily.

She has been challenging to some of the posters and has brought to our discussion some of the very same kind of attitudes I, myself, have encountered... and I am merely a basic home healthcare provider at this point.

How is any of what KG about sock puppetry? Perhaps it isn't about sock puppetry at all, perhaps that is merely the illusion that allows some to develop a mental picture... that potentially makes or breaks their further developmental understanding. Some religious theologies, some philosophies would have us forever be vessels, necessarily.

She has been challenging to some of the posters and has brought to our discussion some of the very same kind of attitudes I, myself, have encountered... and I am merely a basic home healthcare provider at this point.

I've had my dust ups with CG, but I doubt she would create an alternate persona just to be a frigging pest.

She'll say what's on her mind.

As do I.

For example, I think Sky is mentally ill...and I think you probably are, too, or you wouldn't get so worked up over it.

I've had my dust ups with CG, but I doubt she would create an alternate persona just to be a frigging pest.

She'll say what's on her mind.

Kg is not Cg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back