🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ever notice that Jews don't think God gives them enough?

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
Jews wanted out of bondage in Egypt. God got them out, but they wanted more. God gave them much in gold and precious stones from the Egyptians, but they wanted more.

God gave them manna to eat, but Jews wanted more, God showed them miracle after miracle, and the Jews thought so little of this that they built a golden calf.(and yes, this is God's chosen people, but I am sure even He sometimes wonders 'WHY')

Jews wanted land, so God gave them land, and they wanted more. So God gave them more, and still they wanted more, and rebelled against God, and God punished them, like the children they were.

Jews wanted a king, no, they wouldn't accept that God was their king, they wanted an earthly king, and went out and chose Saul, a great warrior, who stood head and shoulders above everyone else. Yet, Saul was not anointed by God, thus Saul was a failure. And again, God gave in to the Jews and gave them David, a man with a God like heart. And David found out quickly, that Jews want more, as he himself did, when he wanted a married woman. The Jews greatest king, quickly became a murderer.

The Jews had land, and a king, and were wealthy(for the most part) yet they wanted more. Finally God had enough, and slapped the children again.

Time and time and time again, God gave to the Jews, and it was never enough. Is it any wonder that God decided to send His Messiah for the Gentiles as well. And is it any wonder, that the Gentiles readily accepted that Messiah. For the Jews have shown that they are children, who want what everyone else already has.

Poor Jews, you missed your greatest blessing, you had Him crucified. And now, you can't run from Him anymore, because we will keep reminding you. You missed your Messiah.

Jews wanted out of bondage in Egypt. God got them out, but they wanted more. God gave them much in gold and precious stones from the Egyptians, but they wanted more.

God gave them manna to eat, but Jews wanted more, God showed them miracle after miracle, and the Jews thought so little of this that they built a golden calf.(and yes, this is God's chosen people, but I am sure even He sometimes wonders 'WHY')

Jews wanted land, so God gave them land, and they wanted more. So God gave them more, and still they wanted more, and rebelled against God, and God punished them, like the children they were.

Jews wanted a king, no, they wouldn't accept that God was their king, they wanted an earthly king, and went out and chose Saul, a great warrior, who stood head and shoulders above everyone else. Yet, Saul was not anointed by God, thus Saul was a failure. And again, God gave in to the Jews and gave them David, a man with a God like heart. And David found out quickly, that Jews want more, as he himself did, when he wanted a married woman. The Jews greatest king, quickly became a murderer.

The Jews had land, and a king, and were wealthy(for the most part) yet they wanted more. Finally God had enough, and slapped the children again.

Time and time and time again, God gave to the Jews, and it was never enough. Is it any wonder that God decided to send His Messiah for the Gentiles as well. And is it any wonder, that the Gentiles readily accepted that Messiah. For the Jews have shown that they are children, who want what everyone else already has.

Poor Jews, you missed your greatest blessing, you had Him crucified. And now, you can't run from Him anymore, because we will keep reminding you. You missed your Messiah.

I am horrified by what you have written here. Do you not have any fear of God at all? How could you write such a thing? Truly you do not know Christ to have written this OP. I'm truly grieved to see this and want the Jews on USMB to know that this is not the heart of a true follower of Christ! NOT AT ALL!

Wanting more is a human condition, not a condition of Judaism.

The Romans crucified Jesus after a few of those in power (who were also Jews) became concerned that Jesus was undermining Temple authority (and possibly income).

The Jews did not miss their Messiah. Jewish understanding of the promised Messiah is a human, a great earthly leader (like David) who will lead not only the Jews, but make them so great and admired that other nations will follow their lead.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the world will receive both our spiritual messiah and an earthly one, both of whom happen to be Jewish.

I am horrified by what you have written here. Do you not have any fear of God at all? How could you write such a thing? Truly you do not know Christ to have written this OP. I'm truly grieved to see this and want the Jews on USMB to know that this is not the heart of a true follower of Christ! NOT AT ALL!
You know the Bible Jeremiah, it's all written there. Every word of it is the truth. If you don't believe me, then research the Scriptures again.

I have no fear, that God will keep His word to Abraham, and make Israel great again, yet even that will not be enough for the Jews, the Bible says this also.

The Romans crucified Jesus after a few of those in power (who were also Jews) became concerned that Jesus was undermining Temple authority (and possibly income).

The Jews did not miss their Messiah. Jewish understanding of the promised Messiah is a human, a great earthly leader (like David) who will lead not only the Jews, but make them so great and admired that other nations will follow their lead.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the world will receive both our spiritual messiah and an earthly one, both of whom happen to be Jewish.
It is 2000 years later, and Jesus is the most influential man, who has ever lived. Is that not a great earthly leader? Jesus leads missionaries all over the world. Has there ever been a greater leader of men?

Have you ever ate the same thing day in and day out for years?
Just because your Father punishes you does not mean he stops loving you. God is our Father.

It is 2000 years later, and Jesus is the most influential man, who has ever lived. Is that not a great earthly leader? Jesus leads missionaries all over the world. Has there ever been a greater leader of men?

It began with a few Jews persecuting some Christians. As Christianity gained power, it seems there was a long period of time where the majority of Christians persecuted a lot of Jews. Some Christians still sneer at them.

Walk a mile in their shoes. Would you admire a man who brought pain and suffering to your nation and caused Christians to pursue you across nations?

Jesus should be one of the Jews greatest heroes, for speaking out about the poor in a time they were downtrodden; speaking out against corrupt leaders who also happened to be Jews. Do you know any Jew who admires the reign of Annas and Caiaphas, who were in league with Rome in raping the Jewish nation?

Because of later "Christian" treatment of Jews, we turned his very people against Jesus. That shame is our, not theirs.

Just because your Father punishes you does not mean he stops loving you. God is our Father.

I believe I pointed that out, like a father, God punishes his children. He has slapped me, more than once, because I am His child.

God knows who are His children, and when you continue to ignore Him, He will get your attention.

And to answer your question, I have eaten the same thing day in and day out for months, though not for years. I was raised on a farm, and if not for beans in the winter, we would have went hungry. I grew to hate beans, now I order them at restaurants, mostly to see if they are cooked well or not.

I believe I pointed that out, like a father, God punishes his children. He has slapped me, more than once, because I am His child.

God knows who are His children, and when you continue to ignore Him, He will get your attention.

And to answer your question, I have eaten the same thing day in and day out for months, though not for years. I was raised on a farm, and if not for beans in the winter, we would have went hungry. I grew to hate beans, now I order them at restaurants, mostly to see if they are cooked well or not.

That was my point.
You ate them for months and grew to hate beans.
They ate manna for 40 years.

That was my point.
You know hindsight is 20/20, and it's easy for us to look back and say how we would have done things differently, but why after just a short time, did the Jews feel the need to build a golden calf? Had God not showed them enough miracles?

At the same time, I can ask, why didn't the disciples of Jesus, get what He was talking about most of the time, He even told them, he was going to be crucified, yet they wouldn't believe it.

The answer is oh so simple. Humans don't want to bow themselves down before God. They don't want to believe that a being that supreme even exists. And they sure don't want to have to follow any rules that God gives them.

You can have everything, except for this one tree. A world full of food, and control of everything you see, just don't eat from this one little tree. 1 little rule, just 1, and we couldn't obey it, and the thing was, before Adam ate, he was perfect. He was sinless, he couldn't age, because God had made him perfectly. And God gave him freewill, and Adam wasn't content. He wanted more. He wanted that tree.

Muhammed's catching up. What if HE becomes the most influential man who has ever lived? :eek:

That was my point.
You know hindsight is 20/20, and it's easy for us to look back and say how we would have done things differently, but why after just a short time, did the Jews feel the need to build a golden calf? Had God not showed them enough miracles?

At the same time, I can ask, why didn't the disciples of Jesus, get what He was talking about most of the time, He even told them, he was going to be crucified, yet they wouldn't believe it.

The answer is oh so simple. Humans don't want to bow themselves down before God. They don't want to believe that a being that supreme even exists. And they sure don't want to have to follow any rules that God gives them.

You can have everything, except for this one tree. A world full of food, and control of everything you see, just don't eat from this one little tree. 1 little rule, just 1, and we couldn't obey it, and the thing was, before Adam ate, he was perfect. He was sinless, he couldn't age, because God had made him perfectly. And God gave him freewill, and Adam wasn't content. He wanted more. He wanted that tree.

God also called them a stiff necked people and wanted to destroy them for building that golden calf but Moses interveined for the them.

Muhammed's catching up. What if HE becomes the most influential man who has ever lived? :eek:
Muhammed says kill the infidel, Jesus says feed my sheep, hmmm, I wonder which one was truly of God?

Something comes to mind about he that curses the Jews...
Please, show me where I cursed the Jews, and please show me anything I wrote that is untrue.

You can't.

Perhaps, perhaps not but Meriweather is right, brother. Being unsatisfied with what God, life, the universe, whatever gives us is hardly a Jewish thing.

Something comes to mind about he that curses the Jews...
Please, show me where I cursed the Jews, and please show me anything I wrote that is untrue.

You can't.
You judged them! Who are you to judge another man's servant??

IT IS WRITTEN:

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Romans 14:4

That was my point.

God also called them a stiff necked people and wanted to destroy them for building that golden calf but Moses interveined for the them.

Was Moses a Jew? Yes. Moses was a Jew. Was Moses the meekest man who ever walked the earth? Yes. Moses was the meekest man who ever walked the earth. There is such a thing as intervening, yes. But Moses actually interceded for them and if that were not enough he put his own eternal destiny on the line in that intercession. He told the LORD that if he was going to blot their names out of his book of life to blot his own name out of the book of life too. How many intercessors do you know that would be willing to do that? I know Paul's passion was great towards the Jews as they were His brethren but truly Moses revealed his heart as being one that was knit together with the LORD's own heart and purpose when he put his own eternal destiny on the line for His brethren.

Forum List

Back