🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Every Youngster Age 18-19 Should Be Required To Serve 3 Years In The Military

How would you pay for a military the size of one that would be created if every 18 year old were required to serve. In the United States there are 4.4 million people who turn 18 every year. If everyone of them is drafted and must serve for 3 years, you automatically will have a military force with over 13 million people and that is just counting the draftees that are cycling through. The cost to arm, equip and pay a force that size would be over $10 trillion dollars!

How would you pay for a military the size of one that would be created if every 18 year old were required to serve. In the United States there are 4.4 million people who turn 18 every year. If everyone of them is drafted and must serve for 3 years, you automatically will have a military force with over 13 million people and that is just counting the draftees that are cycling through. The cost to arm, equip and pay a force that size would be over $10 trillion dollars!

Train them poorly, equip them with crap and still you need to NOT have the tanks, planes and logistics you really want.

But you can make up combat power with numbers!

Human wave attacks like the Red Chinese used in Korea!:flameth:

And it would still break the budget.

"it's a leftist political agenda to try and keep us out of wars" is another stupid comment. The draft is a smart strategy to co-opet all Americans into understanding what is foreign policy and its costs.

Your assumption that Americans who have not served don't care about the servicemen who do, is insulting and unsupported. A conscript army would be far larger, vastly more expensive and less capable.
Your assumption is a mischaracterization as usual and very uninformed.

The military service and training forms a basic structure for young citizens much better than E Mail and Texting. Video games are a no brainer.

Israel requires this of all their young men and women and they seem to turn out pretty well.

Also.....the bunch of chicken hawks in the congress would think twice if they were sending their own to some godforsaken desert or mountain range to get wounded or die.

It's a terrible idea.

The military we have today is volunteer. The members of our military have the fight in them. For whatever reasons, they want to do the job of defending our country.

Drafting people that are not geared for fighting is a death sentence. It's like trying to make a pizza delivery guy into a baseball pitcher. If you have no interest in it, you're going to be bad at it, and you will be terrible at it if you object to war, guns or the military.

Like our police officers and fire fighters, you have to have that desire in you.

Ummmm. I wonder how we won WW1 and WW2?

Probably the draftees got killed and the real solders fought on. But I don't think it's a matter of winning or losing, it's a leftist political agenda to try and keep us out of wars no matter what the cost to this country, and using the lives of innocent people to accomplish that.

Believe me friend, the blood of the draftee and the blood of the volunteer both run red on the battlefield. There is no difference at all.

Agreed, but the blood of the draftee is liable to be the first.

I think we all know people that are just not cut out for the military or any violent situation. We are all geared for different things in life. My nephew comes to mind. Great kid, never a problem maker, graduated college with a Masters. He is very intelligent and honest, but I would hate to see him forced to go into the military. It's just not in him. He would be one of the first not to make it, and even if he did, never be able to function properly in life again because of mental problems.

Plus the fact I doubt if you would want to see a war where your nephew is fighting next to mine who would be shooting at every noise he heard.

I never said everyone was cut out for the military. What I said was that it was a very good vehicle for someone to get vocational training or money for college while having a roof over his head and three squares a day.

Then get the fuck involved and vote, folks.

Many of you yelling about the draft don't vote.

The military service and training forms a basic structure for young citizens much better than E Mail and Texting. Video games are a no brainer.

Israel requires this of all their young men and women and they seem to turn out pretty well.

Also.....the bunch of chicken hawks in the congress would think twice if they were sending their own to some godforsaken desert or mountain range to get wounded or die.

It's a terrible idea.

The military we have today is volunteer. The members of our military have the fight in them. For whatever reasons, they want to do the job of defending our country.

Drafting people that are not geared for fighting is a death sentence. It's like trying to make a pizza delivery guy into a baseball pitcher. If you have no interest in it, you're going to be bad at it, and you will be terrible at it if you object to war, guns or the military.

Like our police officers and fire fighters, you have to have that desire in you.

Ummmm. I wonder how we won WW1 and WW2?

Probably the draftees got killed and the real solders fought on. But I don't think it's a matter of winning or losing, it's a leftist political agenda to try and keep us out of wars no matter what the cost to this country, and using the lives of innocent people to accomplish that.

Believe me friend, the blood of the draftee and the blood of the volunteer both run red on the battlefield. There is no difference at all.

Agreed, but the blood of the draftee is liable to be the first.

I think we all know people that are just not cut out for the military or any violent situation. We are all geared for different things in life. My nephew comes to mind. Great kid, never a problem maker, graduated college with a Masters. He is very intelligent and honest, but I would hate to see him forced to go into the military. It's just not in him. He would be one of the first not to make it, and even if he did, never be able to function properly in life again because of mental problems.

Plus the fact I doubt if you would want to see a war where your nephew is fighting next to mine who would be shooting at every noise he heard.

Actually the blood of the 2nd lieutenant is usually the first and he is most often a volunteer.

Disir, you are wrong, and that's tough for you.

It's propaganda, Jake. It's how it works.

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski: I have two sons and I will allow none of my children to serve in the United States Military. If you join the military now you are not defending the United States of America, you are helping certain policy makers pursue an imperial agenda.
Deleted scene from Why We Fight:

"it's a leftist political agenda to try and keep us out of wars" is another stupid comment. The draft is a smart strategy to co-opet all Americans into understanding what is foreign policy and its costs.

Your assumption that Americans who have not served don't care about the servicemen who do, is insulting and unsupported. A conscript army would be far larger, vastly more expensive and less capable.
Your assumption is a mischaracterization as usual and very uninformed.

You stated that drafting all youngsters would "co-opet all Americans into understanding what is foreign policy and its costs"

Please explain how that claim does NOT mean that you believe "that Americans who have not served don't care about the servicemen who do".

Mischaracterization, Correll. You make a premise then a conclusion but fail to link them together with logic and analysis, two tools the which you flatly don't comprehend. Make the connection.

Disir, the LTC is talking about our volunteer army that gives a president the opportunity to act like a Casear and dispatch troops just as Bush did.

then conscript your kids to fight for the empire, leave my kids and grand-kids out of it.

Mischaracterization, Correll. You make a premise then a conclusion but fail to link them together with logic and analysis, two tools the which you flatly don't comprehend. Make the connection.

...d.

I don't see how that answered my question.

You claim that my problem is lack of logic and analysis.

So dumb it down some, if you think that is the issue.

Because it seems to me you are being evasive.

My question again.

You stated that drafting all youngsters would "co-opet all Americans into understanding what is foreign policy and its costs"

Please explain how that claim does NOT mean that you believe "that Americans who have not served don't care about the servicemen who do".

Disir, the LTC is talking about our volunteer army that gives a president the opportunity to act like a Casear and dispatch troops just as Bush did.

95% of all Americans killed during a wars, died when there was a draft. A Draft does not make the United States less likely to engage in war. If it were true, there is no way that the United States would have entered the Korean and Vietnam wars.

I suggested that if American families are all subject to a draft of their children that those families will be far more involved in American politics. Presidents can't wage war easily without volunteer armies.

No one can refute that. The Corrells say they are conservative but support imperial presidencies.

Israel requires it because there's a proven history of invasion and offensive warfare against them. And because you can just about throw a football across the width of it.

There's some plusses to mandatory service in the US, but overall it's not a workable idea. Cutting pay on the military as it is without having many more military to be paid. Unless you're going to increase military spending which is already in high-orbit, having more doesn't do much for you unless you actually plan on more wars and you need the extra cannon fodder.

But if we're wishing, I'd like to see politicians who vote for or start conflicts be among the very first boots on the ground. YOu want a war, fine, you're going to go fight it before me though.

95% of all Americans killed during a wars, died when there was a draft. A Draft does not make the United States less likely to engage in war. If it were true, there is no way that the United States would have entered the Korean and Vietnam wars.
The population of America was much greater, the wars were overseas, and the technology much more powerful.

None of that has anything to do with a draft.

We are very fortunate the Iraqis did not have the capacity or ability or professionalism of the Nazis or the Japanese.

I suggested that if American families are all subject to a draft of their children that those families will be far more involved in American politics. Presidents can't wage war easily without volunteer armies.

No one can refute that. The Corrells say they are conservative but support imperial presidencies.

Your assumption that having "Skin in the game" will lead to more and/or different political involvement implies that the current political positions of those Americans exist because they don't care about the servicemen who are serving.

I have not served.

My father did. My uncles did. I have friends who did. People I talk to, plenty of them, if they don't have family serving, they might have friends of family or friends with family serving.

I did not mischaracterize what you said. I pointed out the implications of your position, if you were unaware of them.

The population of America was much greater, the wars were overseas, and the technology much more powerful.

None of that has anything to do with a draft.

We are very fortunate the Iraqis did not have the capacity or ability or professionalism of the Nazis or the Japanese.

None of that addresses his point that having "skin in the game" did not lead to anti-war policies.

If my kids and grand kids are subject to a draft, I will be far more involved in taking down the criminal government that wishes to enslave them. Put that into your pipe and try to refute it, chicken hawk.

Conscription goes against Liberty. But, if you want to serve a year in some form of public service for every year of college we pay for you later on, have at it.

Forum List

Back