🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Every Youngster Age 18-19 Should Be Required To Serve 3 Years In The Military

I suggested that if American families are all subject to a draft of their children that those families will be far more involved in American politics. Presidents can't wage war easily without volunteer armies.

No one can refute that. The Corrells say they are conservative but support imperial presidencies.

That's what I wrote earlier. The only reason you want a draft is to aid in your personal political agenda. That's not a good reason to have it.
My personal political agenda is to make sure that all American families are involved in national politics.

I know that your personal political agenda will not survive that type of scrutiny: very good.

Yes, in other words do what you can to turn people against war at any cost.
War mongers like you mischaracterize. We know that.

Mischaracterize?

We have a successful military enrollment as it is now. In other words, there is absolutely no need for a draft because solders are not needed to defend the country right now.

So the only possible reason for wanting a draft IS TO try and manipulate people into thinking your way. That's it, and it's a wrong reason for anybody to try and start a draft that we don't need.

The military service and training forms a basic structure for young citizens much better than E Mail and Texting. Video games are a no brainer.

Israel requires this of all their young men and women and they seem to turn out pretty well.

Also.....the bunch of chicken hawks in the congress would think twice if they were sending their own to some godforsaken desert or mountain range to get wounded or die.

We already have 2.2 million serving. If you add another 1.5 million, we either need to spend a lot more on our military or we need to displace a lot of those currently in the military who chose to be there because they wanted to. It would also make it more difficult for people to make the military a career as many would be displaced before they even got to that point. All in all, I would see this as a big negative.

I suggested that if American families are all subject to a draft of their children that those families will be far more involved in American politics. Presidents can't wage war easily without volunteer armies.

No one can refute that. The Corrells say they are conservative but support imperial presidencies.

That's what I wrote earlier. The only reason you want a draft is to aid in your personal political agenda. That's not a good reason to have it.
My personal political agenda is to make sure that all American families are involved in national politics.

I know that your personal political agenda will not survive that type of scrutiny: very good.
So you are against allowing people to choose to be political or a-political?
So you are opposed to parents and families of being invested in what our government does?

Mischaracterize?

We have a successful military enrollment as it is now. In other words, there is absolutely no need for a draft because solders are not needed to defend the country right now.

So the only possible reason for wanting a draft IS TO try and manipulate people into thinking your way. That's it, and it's a wrong reason for anybody to try and start a draft that we don't need.
Yup, you and Jack Bauer and Correll do want a sleeping citizenry. Wonder why? You are neo-cons. Military or peace corps makes good sense. Who would not want an involved citizenry awared of what our government is up to? Why would Jack and Correll and Ray want a sleeping citizenry? Hmmm. Have any of the three served?

So you are against allowing people to choose to be political or a-political?
So you are opposed to parents and families of being invested in what our government does?

NOPe.

I am fine with people having the freedom to choose whether they become "invested" in politics.

YOu are the one that wants to force them to behave as you want them to.

Mischaracterize?

Yup, you and Jack Bauer and Correll do want a sleeping citizenry. Wonder why? You are neo-cons. Military or peace corps makes good sense. Who would not want an involved citizenry awared of what our government is up to? Why would Jack and Correll and Ray want a sleeping citizenry? Hmmm. Have any of the three served?

I have said no such thing.

YOu are the one who is actually mischaracterizing.

Mischaracterize?

LOL...what it is IS that the sons and daughters of the rich go off to some ivy league school at a cost of four or five times what a normal education costs and kids of the poor join the military because they can't afford college......it ain't rocket science. Money Talks and Bull Shit Walks.

Mischaracterize?

I never served, but I have medical conditions that wouldn't allow me even if I wanted to.

You want to get people more involved in politics, I believe there is a better way:

Have people take tests before they are allowed to vote. Nothing too hard, just simple questions like who is the Speaker of the House, what party does the VP belong to, how many terms has the sitting President served so far?

Just questions that show you have a little less than average knowledge of our politics. What do you think of that idea instead of the draft?

Mischaracterize?

LOL...what it is IS that the sons and daughters of the rich go off to some ivy league school at a cost of four or five times what a normal education costs and kids of the poor join the military because they can't afford college......it ain't rocket science. Money Talks and Bull Shit Walks.

Serving the military is not the only way to go to college in this country. You can take out loans, work for a couple of years before going and during the entire summer while on vacation. It can be done.

But don't worry about what a rich kid is doing, worry more about yourself and what you're doing. Whether the rich kid can get into college or not, it won't change your plight when it comes to advanced education.

Having served with Draftees I can declare that most of them served their time in an honorable and productive manner.

However, I do not support universal military conscription. I DO believe that ALL citizens - male and female - should at least give 2 years of service to the nation. There are lots of ways to serve and it should be designed to accommodate the skills and ezperience of each individual.

The Democrat/PROGRESSIVE/commie party should push hard for that. go for it
Bullshit!

With chicken hawks like George Bush still around...how can you even think that? Bush was a draft dodger but still decided to remove Saddam Hussein, a man who had never harmed the U S , from power. The Bush family just didn't like him. He had attempted to assassinate George Herbert Walker Bush in 1993 and that was enough to boil over the Republican "REVENGE" equation. Not to worry....just cost 4500 young Americans their lives and got about 35,000 seriously wounded.
You're reliving your glory years I see. I can well understand why you are avoiding current events. But Bush didn't dodge the draft, that was Clinton.
Just Read It And Weep:

George W. Bush, Jr. - The Dark Side
Couldn't make it past that. Laughing too hard that you think "The Dark Side" would be a credible source. I'm not a huge fan but I have to admit Bush shortened the lives of many many liberals, collectively thousands of years, with the bile eating up their insides. Funny thing is fiscally, libs got everything they wanted.

Yeah that's a great idea. This way America can have Endless Wars without ever having to conduct a Draft and having to explain WHY they're being sent off to die.

Serve in the Military? No, the Government and the Military are supposed to Serve We the People, not the other way around.

IMG_2720.JPG
TreyBoat02.jpg

Mischaracterize?

Serving the military is not the only way to go to college in this country. You can take out loans, work for a couple of years before going and during the entire summer while on vacation. It can be done.

But don't worry about what a rich kid is doing, worry more about yourself and what you're doing. Whether the rich kid can get into college or not, it won't change your plight when it comes to advanced education.

I've finished all of mine. I was in the army, Company C, 5th medium tank battalion,109th armored division in 1957-1964. I worked 41 years for the same company(they allowed me my military time) and retired to the lake in 1993. Been playing around here since:

Last edited:
Bullshit!

With chicken hawks like George Bush still around...how can you even think that? Bush was a draft dodger but still decided to remove Saddam Hussein, a man who had never harmed the U S , from power. The Bush family just didn't like him. He had attempted to assassinate George Herbert Walker Bush in 1993 and that was enough to boil over the Republican "REVENGE" equation. Not to worry....just cost 4500 young Americans their lives and got about 35,000 seriously wounded.
You're reliving your glory years I see. I can well understand why you are avoiding current events. But Bush didn't dodge the draft, that was Clinton.
Just Read It And Weep:

Couldn't make it past that. Laughing too hard that you think "The Dark Side" would be a credible source. I'm not a huge fan but I have to admit Bush shortened the lives of many many liberals, collectively thousands of years, with the bile eating up their insides. Funny thing is fiscally, libs got everything they wanted.

Yep....I cleared over $100,000 in the stock market but the reason I did was that when the market began to crash in 2008 I took everything out and put it in a stable bond fund. Then when the DOW was at about 8800 I put everything back in. Did you notice how well the stock market has done under the guy with the good tan? 'Course check all the way back.....the stock market always does better when Democrats are in the white house. They fix some roads, federal buildings, interstate highways etc.

The American economy would have crashed and burned if Bush hadn't handed nearly a trillion dollars to the banks.

Bush shortened the lives all the way to zero for 4500 young Americans who died in Iraq while another 35,000 were being seriously wounded. You folks have watched Fox News so much that you don't even recognize the truth.

Last edited:
Bullshit!

Just Read It And Weep:

Yep....I cleared over $100,000 in the stock market but the reason I did was that when the market began to crash in 2008 I took everything out and put it in a stable bond fund. Then when the DOW was at about 8800 I put everything back in. Did you notice how well the stock market has done under the guy with the good tan?

Bush shortened the lives all the way to zero for 4500 young Americans who died in Iraq while another 35,000 were being seriously wounded. You folks have watched Fox News so much that you don't even recognize the truth.
The truth is that Dims voted for it, Iraq was under control, which was a HUGE success from what it was and what it meant for middle east stability. Did you notice how the guy with a tan fucked it up. Did you notice how Putin has been banging obbie's tonsils on his tool and doing whatever he wants in Syria and Ukraine?

The stock market can collapse any day, we learned nothing.

Bullshit!

Just Read It And Weep:

Yep....I cleared over $100,000 in the stock market but the reason I did was that when the market began to crash in 2008 I took everything out and put it in a stable bond fund. Then when the DOW was at about 8800 I put everything back in. Did you notice how well the stock market has done under the guy with the good tan?

The truth is that Dims voted for it, Iraq was under control, which was a HUGE success from what it was and what it meant for middle east stability. Did you notice how the guy with a tan fucked it up. Did you notice how Putin has been banging obbie's tonsils on his tool and doing whatever he wants in Syria and Ukraine?

Your massive display of ignorance proves to me that you didn't watch the president's press conference today. Do you foolish people ever watch anything except Fox News?

Fox reminds me of the little boy who cried "Wolf" all the time. The difference....watching Fox is like a never ending series of crying Wolf.

Do you realize that when Obama took over the stock market was about to bottom. Do you realize that Bush had just handed the most powerful financial institutions in the world $800 billion? Do you realize that the economy was bleeding off 750,000 jobs a month?

Now the stock market has almost doubled, we've had 66 consecutive months of job growth, unemployment is down to 5.1% and Obama's increase in spending has been better than any of the modern presidents before him. 'Course closing down two hot wars 10,000 miles away has a tendency to reduce spending.....almost every time.

slowest-spending.png

Last edited:
Just Read It And Weep:

Your massive display of ignorance proves to me that you didn't watch the president's press conference today. Do you foolish people ever watch anything except Fox News?
I didn't watch TV, you believe something obama said? Seriously?

I didn't watch TV, you believe something obama said? Seriously?

Obama is the smartest president we've ever had with the exception of John Kennedy and you bastards killed him before he had a chance to really show his stuff...though he did cause us to go to the moon....circa 1969.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back