🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Every Youngster Age 18-19 Should Be Required To Serve 3 Years In The Military

The military service and training forms a basic structure for young citizens much better than E Mail and Texting. Video games are a no brainer.

Israel requires this of all their young men and women and they seem to turn out pretty well.

Also.....the bunch of chicken hawks in the congress would think twice if they were sending their own to some godforsaken desert or mountain range to get wounded or die.
Wrong as this would mean that idiots like the Clintons would have been given guns..................

Couldn't make it past that. Laughing too hard that you think "The Dark Side" would be a credible source. I'm not a huge fan but I have to admit Bush shortened the lives of many many liberals, collectively thousands of years, with the bile eating up their insides. Funny thing is fiscally, libs got everything they wanted.

Yep....I cleared over $100,000 in the stock market but the reason I did was that when the market began to crash in 2008 I took everything out and put it in a stable bond fund. Then when the DOW was at about 8800 I put everything back in. Did you notice how well the stock market has done under the guy with the good tan?

Bush shortened the lives all the way to zero for 4500 young Americans who died in Iraq while another 35,000 were being seriously wounded. You folks have watched Fox News so much that you don't even recognize the truth.
The truth is that Dims voted for it, Iraq was under control, which was a HUGE success from what it was and what it meant for middle east stability. Did you notice how the guy with a tan fucked it up. Did you notice how Putin has been banging obbie's tonsils on his tool and doing whatever he wants in Syria and Ukraine?

The stock market can collapse any day, we learned nothing.
Your massive display of ignorance proves to me that you didn't watch the president's press conference today. Do you foolish people ever watch anything except Fox News?
I didn't watch TV, you believe something obama said? Seriously?

Obama is the smartest president we've ever had with the exception of John Kennedy and you bastards killed him before he had a chance to really show his stuff...though he did cause us to go to the moon....circa 1969.

Yeah.........he's brilliant. Who else would have traded our top five prisoners to our enemy in exchange for a nobody that we could care less about? Probably the same guy that said we can save more oil by keeping our tires inflated and getting tune-ups than we can drill.

You're reliving your glory years I see. I can well understand why you are avoiding current events. But Bush didn't dodge the draft, that was Clinton.
Just Read It And Weep:

George W. Bush, Jr. - The Dark Side
Couldn't make it past that. Laughing too hard that you think "The Dark Side" would be a credible source. I'm not a huge fan but I have to admit Bush shortened the lives of many many liberals, collectively thousands of years, with the bile eating up their insides. Funny thing is fiscally, libs got everything they wanted.

Yep....I cleared over $100,000 in the stock market but the reason I did was that when the market began to crash in 2008 I took everything out and put it in a stable bond fund. Then when the DOW was at about 8800 I put everything back in. Did you notice how well the stock market has done under the guy with the good tan?

Bush shortened the lives all the way to zero for 4500 young Americans who died in Iraq while another 35,000 were being seriously wounded. You folks have watched Fox News so much that you don't even recognize the truth.
The truth is that Dims voted for it, Iraq was under control, which was a HUGE success from what it was and what it meant for middle east stability. Did you notice how the guy with a tan fucked it up. Did you notice how Putin has been banging obbie's tonsils on his tool and doing whatever he wants in Syria and Ukraine?

The stock market can collapse any day, we learned nothing.

Your massive display of ignorance proves to me that you didn't watch the president's press conference today. Do you foolish people ever watch anything except Fox News?

Fox reminds me of the little boy who cried "Wolf" all the time. The difference....watching Fox is like a never ending series of crying Wolf.

Do you realize that when Obama took over the stock market was about to bottom. Do you realize that Bush had just handed the most powerful financial institutions in the world $800 billion? Do you realize that the economy was bleeding off 750,000 jobs a month?

Now the stock market has almost doubled, we've had 66 consecutive months of job growth, unemployment is down to 5.1% and Obama's increase in spending has been better than any of the modern presidents before him. 'Course closing down two hot wars 10,000 miles away has a tendency to reduce spending.....almost every time.

slowest-spending.png

So is having a Republican Congress. You know Congress--the people with the United States checkbook? It's the same party that ran Congress most of the Clinton years.

The Democrat/PROGRESSIVE/commie party should push hard for that. go for it
Bullshit!

With chicken hawks like George Bush still around...how can you even think that? Bush was a draft dodger but still decided to remove Saddam Hussein, a man who had never harmed the U S , from power. The Bush family just didn't like him. He had attempted to assassinate George Herbert Walker Bush in 1993 and that was enough to boil over the Republican "REVENGE" equation. Not to worry....just cost 4500 young Americans their lives and got about 35,000 seriously wounded.
You're reliving your glory years I see. I can well understand why you are avoiding current events. But Bush didn't dodge the draft, that was Clinton.
Just Read It And Weep:

George W. Bush, Jr. - The Dark Side

Yep....I cleared over $100,000 in the stock market but the reason I did was that when the market began to crash in 2008 I took everything out and put it in a stable bond fund. Then when the DOW was at about 8800 I put everything back in. Did you notice how well the stock market has done under the guy with the good tan? 'Course check all the way back.....the stock market always does better when Democrats are in the white house. They fix some roads, federal buildings, interstate highways etc.

Right. It had nothing to do with quantitive easing where trillions of phony dollars were dumped into the market that artificially inflated it. It was roads and bridges. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The military service and training forms a basic structure for young citizens much better than E Mail and Texting. Video games are a no brainer.

Israel requires this of all their young men and women and they seem to turn out pretty well.

Also.....the bunch of chicken hawks in the congress would think twice if they were sending their own to some godforsaken desert or mountain range to get wounded or die.

It's a noble idea, but there's a problem in the sense that there are far more young people of that age than there are available slots in which to put them.

I totally disagree. The draft fed the war machine for a decade in Vietnam. Not only did congress not have second thoughts about sending us to our deaths, but Vietnam could never have been even possible without the draft.

If they ever start talking about starting it again, unless attacked by a foreign nation, I will preach resistance at every opportunity.

I totally disagree. The draft fed the war machine for a decade in Vietnam. Not only did congress not have second thoughts about sending us to our deaths, but Vietnam could never have been even possible without the draft.

If they ever start talking about starting it again, unless attacked by a foreign nation, I will preach resistance at every opportunity.

Most Americans would and the few politicians that brought it up quickly backed down after seeing the opposition. It will never happen unless (as you stated) there was little choice.

Most Americans would and the few politicians that brought it up quickly backed down after seeing the opposition. It will never happen unless (as you stated) there was little choice.

Well...if it walks like a duck..............

I don't know why I'm even messing with you people. My oldest granddaughter's husband pulled two tours in Iraq, was stationed 3 years in Germany and for the last 10 months has been flying Chinook helicopters along the Korean demilitarized zone....that's the big Whirley Gig machine that can haul a 50 ton tank.

Like I said.....folks who can't/couldn't afford college are ready made for the military. There is one little catch....one must be able to tie their shoes and chew gum at the same time. There are one helluva lot of those elitist bastards like most Republicans who can't!!

Well...if it walks like a duck..............

I don't know why I'm even messing with you people. My oldest granddaughter's husband pulled two tours in Iraq, was stationed 3 years in Germany and for the last 10 months has been flying Chinook helicopters along the Korean demilitarized zone....that's the big Whirley Gig machine that can haul a 50 ton tank.

Like I said.....folks who can't/couldn't afford college are ready made for the military. There is one little catch....one must be able to tie their shoes and chew gum at the same time. There are one helluva lot of those elitist bastards like most Republicans who can't!!

So there are only Democrats in our military? Why do they mostly vote Republican then?

Ah yes, the glory years. Vietnam, LBJ, and the draft.

Yeah...it was rough. Richard Nixon carpet bombed N. Vietnam and Cambodia and slaughtered over a million innocent citizens. Other than that I guess Watergate was about the only other thing.

Whenever we go to war there should be a mandatory draft. Then we wouldn't go to war so much .

The OP has nothing to do with going to war.

It has everything to do with Americans serving fellow Americans as part of their civic responsibility. There are tens of thousands of jobs that can be done to help the poor, the homeless, the sick, and generally making up for Man's destruction of this nation.

Let's have an American Youth's Corps. Or revitalize/restore the Civilian Conservation Corps.

The solution is not a draft, but for Congress to follow the constitution, and vote for or against war, with only 2/3's voting yea, in the house and senate, for it to pass...

NO MORE HANDING THIS OFF TO THE PRESIDENT, with just a 50% vote...and giving up their constitutional duty.

Whenever we go to war there should be a mandatory draft. Then we wouldn't go to war so much .

Indeed! When Richard Nixon was president he did two big things for the rich folks. He took the U S off the gold standard and ended the military draft. Both those things accommodated the wealthy. At least he paid for his spending. Reagan and the Bushes came along, cut tax rates for the rich, continued to spend like a drunk sailor and Reagan quadrupled the national debt then after assuming a balanced budget W. Bush cut tax rates for the rich twice, started two wars...one totally unnecessary and doubled the debt again. Now, even though Obama's had the least increase in spending since the depression the interest he has had to pay on the existing debt each year has caused it to continue to the sky. Over two trillion of Obama's debt has been used to pay interest on the Reagan/Bushes debt.

Israel requires it because there's a proven history of invasion and offensive warfare against them. And because you can just about throw a football across the width of it.

There's some plusses to mandatory service in the US, but overall it's not a workable idea. Cutting pay on the military as it is without having many more military to be paid. Unless you're going to increase military spending which is already in high-orbit, having more doesn't do much for you unless you actually plan on more wars and you need the extra cannon fodder.

But if we're wishing, I'd like to see politicians who vote for or start conflicts be among the very first boots on the ground. YOu want a war, fine, you're going to go fight it before me though.

Having Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton serving in an Infantry platoon would probably endanger the lives of the other personal of the platoon. The military has physical fitness standards as well as training standards in order for an individual to be capable part of any unit. Place anyone in that unit who does not meet the standards and you are going to get people killed and risk mission failure.

Being a soldier is a skilled professional job. You can't just suddenly drop in your favorite Senators or Representatives. First they would have to pass physical standards. Then if they make it past that, they need basic training. Then after that Infantry school. Only then, would they be ready to enter a unit that would be involved in combat. So that's about 6 months of time, providing that they were able to pass the physical to enter the military.

Word.

It disgusts me how people have no problem wh sending our troops all over the globe to get blown up . They'd have different ideas if thier little Johnny was going overseas .

Mischaracterization, Correll. You make a premise then a conclusion but fail to link them together with logic and analysis, two tools the which you flatly don't comprehend. Make the connection.

Disir, the LTC is talking about our volunteer army that gives a president the opportunity to act like a Casear and dispatch troops just as Bush did.

95% of all Americans killed during a wars, died when there was a draft. A Draft does not make the United States less likely to engage in war. If it were true, there is no way that the United States would have entered the Korean and Vietnam wars.
The population of America was much greater, the wars were overseas, and the technology much more powerful.

None of that has anything to do with a draft.

We are very fortunate the Iraqis did not have the capacity or ability or professionalism of the Nazis or the Japanese.

On the contrary, the Iraqi's had far more modern weapons than the Nazis or the Japanese. Saddam at one time was closer to getting a nuclear Bomb than Hilter ever was. Iraqi Scud Ballistic missiles were vastly superior to the German V-2 rocket. Also, passed Iraqi use of Sarin Gas was superior to any weapon the Germans deployed in World War II and had devastating effects on the battlefield and on civilians.

The fact is, a draft does not deter U.S. lawmakers from voting for or supporting wars. 95% of all US troops were killed in the 38 years when the United States had a draft. If the draft were a deterent to starting a war, the United States would never have gone to war in Korea and Vietnam.

I suggested that if American families are all subject to a draft of their children that those families will be far more involved in American politics. Presidents can't wage war easily without volunteer armies.

No one can refute that. The Corrells say they are conservative but support imperial presidencies.

If my kids and grand kids are subject to a draft, I will be far more involved in taking down the criminal government that wishes to enslave them. Put that into your pipe and try to refute it, chicken hawk.

Again, if the draft were a deterent to U.S. foreign military intervention abroad, the United States would never of fought the Korean and Vietnam wars. Having the draft did nothing to prevent the United States from entering those wars.

Forum List

Back