everybody should be packing iron

According to our board fruitloops, everbody should be packing iron. Then the won't be any more violence. Sure, fellas, sure thing.

AOL.com Article - Man fatally shot at movie theater after texting his daughter

Cummings said the man in the back row - later identified as Reeves - got up and left the auditorium, presumably to get a manager. But he came back after a few minutes, without a manager and appearing upset. Moments later, the argument between the two men resumed, and the man in the front row stood up.

Officials said Oulson asked Reeves if he reported him to management for using his phone.

Cummings said the men started raising their voices and popcorn was thrown. Authorities said Reeves took out a gun, and Oulson's wife put her hand over her husband, and that's when Reeves fired his weapon, striking Nichole Oulson in the hand and her husband in the chest.

"I can't believe people would bring a pistol, a gun, to a movie," Cummings said. "I can't believe they would argue and fight and shoot one another over popcorn. Over a cellphone."

Not everyone, just responsible law abiding citizens who want to.

For what it's worth; here is the 2004 stats:

US_Violent_Crime_2004.svg

It's based on "Map of violent crime per 100,000 people in the USA by state in 2004. "Violent crime" includes Homicide, rape, robbery and serious assault."

The darkest areas are 800 or greater incidents. The lightest area is less than 100

File:US Violent Crime 2004.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its quite mixed with political leanings playing almost no role if you belive in the blue/red binary paradigm.

Let's look at the stats in context to where they happen ... And compared to their third world counterparts.

Of course, when you can compare our cities to the (I believe those were murder rates) murder rates of entire nations, we are obviously doing something very wrong.

You'll note that the city/state politics played very little role. Houston--red state, NY, GOP Mayors, Phoenix..."the nation's toughest sheriff" Joe Arpio (Sp?).

Good post.

According to our board fruitloops, everbody should be packing iron. Then the won't be any more violence. Sure, fellas, sure thing.

Cummings said the man in the back row - later identified as Reeves - got up and left the auditorium, presumably to get a manager. But he came back after a few minutes, without a manager and appearing upset. Moments later, the argument between the two men resumed, and the man in the front row stood up.

Officials said Oulson asked Reeves if he reported him to management for using his phone.

Cummings said the men started raising their voices and popcorn was thrown. Authorities said Reeves took out a gun, and Oulson's wife put her hand over her husband, and that's when Reeves fired his weapon, striking Nichole Oulson in the hand and her husband in the chest.

"I can't believe people would bring a pistol, a gun, to a movie," Cummings said. "I can't believe they would argue and fight and shoot one another over popcorn. Over a cellphone."

A retired police officer, you know one of those highly trained, adequately background checked people gun grabbers have no issues with keeping thier firearms.

The former police captain, Curtis Reeves, 71, has been charged with second-degree murder. It's not immediately clear whether he has retained an attorney.

Given his age I would question his mental state.

To bad no one had a gun in Co. Would of saved lives.

-Geaux

Actually, it may have cost even more lives. Have you ever had to shoot at a moving target that was only 8 inches square (about what the area would have been for the Aurora shooter who was wearing body armor and a gas mask), while it was moving around and shooting back at you?

I'm guessing not, because even when I was a member of the Security Force in Newport RI, we had a larger target to shoot at (around 18 inches square), and it wasn't shooting back at us and moving around.

It's even harder to do if you have to shoot in the dark.

I'm amazed at those of you who claim that they could have taken this person out, when many of you have never even had firearms training, much less had to take out a target under the conditions that would have been required in the movie theater.

Me? I had to shoot off several hundred rounds per month, and many of those were in combat and tactical drills, and even the best of us (including the Gunny who trained us) couldn't make those kind of shots.

I'm guessing you never served in the military, because if you had, you'd understand how stupid your post was.

Sounds like your an inept shooter.

18 inch moving target and you had a hard time hitting it?

For what it's worth; here is the 2004 stats:

US_Violent_Crime_2004.svg

It's based on "Map of violent crime per 100,000 people in the USA by state in 2004. "Violent crime" includes Homicide, rape, robbery and serious assault."

The darkest areas are 800 or greater incidents. The lightest area is less than 100

File:US Violent Crime 2004.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its quite mixed with political leanings playing almost no role if you belive in the blue/red binary paradigm.

Let's look at the stats in context to where they happen ... And compared to their third world counterparts.

Of course, when you can compare our cities to the (I believe those were murder rates) murder rates of entire nations, we are obviously doing something very wrong.

You'll note that the city/state politics played very little role. Houston--red state, NY, GOP Mayors, Phoenix..."the nation's toughest sheriff" Joe Arpio (Sp?).

Good post.

I see a lot more places than Houston listed ... Not to mention that a lot of those places listed along the East Coast and over to Chicago have the toughest gun laws on the books.
Then explain to us how New Orleans ... The worst place in the country is a hot bed of Conservative Rightwing Christians.
Then explain to us how Houston's murder rate skyrocketed when refugees from the 9th Ward in New Orleans were relocated there after Hurricane Katrina.

Last edited:

-Geaux

You mean like all those armed folks did when Gabby Gifford's was shot?

Oh wait..

They didn't.

Gabby is the one who refused to have the police there.
Personal responsibility and common sense, which she refused to use.
The liberal mind set is truly mind boggling.
Gabby - I trust the people completely, I don't need the police, then gets shot and then is trying to punish the law abiding people by trying to pass gun laws that will not work. :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Actually, it may have cost even more lives. Have you ever had to shoot at a moving target that was only 8 inches square (about what the area would have been for the Aurora shooter who was wearing body armor and a gas mask), while it was moving around and shooting back at you?

I'm guessing not, because even when I was a member of the Security Force in Newport RI, we had a larger target to shoot at (around 18 inches square), and it wasn't shooting back at us and moving around.

I'm amazed at those of you who claim that they could have taken this person out, when many of you have never even had firearms training, much less had to take out a target under the conditions that would have been required in the movie theater.

Me? I had to shoot off several hundred rounds per month, and many of those were in combat and tactical drills, and even the best of us (including the Gunny who trained us) couldn't make those kind of shots.

I'm guessing you never served in the military, because if you had, you'd understand how stupid your post was.

Actually, I earned my Sharpshooter ribbon while serving in the Security Force.

I shot over 285 in my qualifications, which is why I was allowed to wear that particular ribbon.

I doubt you could do better, because even the Gunny (who was a Gunnery Sargent in the Marine Corps) said a shot like that is almost impossible to hit, and you've got to have really good luck to do it in 5 shots or less.

I really believe that I could outshoot you. Wanna come to Amarillo and go to the gun range sometime? We could bet for dinner and drinks.

Actually, I earned my Sharpshooter ribbon while serving in the Security Force.

I shot over 285 in my qualifications, which is why I was allowed to wear that particular ribbon.

I doubt you could do better, because even the Gunny (who was a Gunnery Sargent in the Marine Corps) said a shot like that is almost impossible to hit, and you've got to have really good luck to do it in 5 shots or less.

I really believe that I could outshoot you. Wanna come to Amarillo and go to the gun range sometime? We could bet for dinner and drinks.

Sounds like fun. Let's wait until the weather warms up 'cause I hate cold weather and we'll discuss the details.

I vote democrat but I have a problem with their anti gun attitude. When I lived in rural northern california I think every household had guns. Same when I lived in Texas. No problems. It's certain low income neighborhoods in large cities period. Most gun owners and NRA types aren't the threat and neither am I.

I think it's a little more than just wanting to carry. I think a person who carries must be know they are never to draw their weapon unless they intend to pull the trigger and when they pull the trigger their intent it to shoot to kill.

And once firing they should continue firing until the threat no longer exists.

If a person cannot honestly say they are willing to do that, they shouldn't carry a weapon.

-Geaux

Oh wait..

They didn't.

Gabby - I trust the people completely, I don't need the police, then gets shot and then is trying to punish the law abiding people by trying to pass gun laws that will not work. :cuckoo:

Interesting spin. Now, we know that Gabby getting shot in the head was her own fault....

I think it's a little more than just wanting to carry. I think a person who carries must be know they are never to draw their weapon unless they intend to pull the trigger and when they pull the trigger their intent it to shoot to kill.

If a person cannot honestly say they are willing to do that, they shouldn't carry a weapon.

I'm assuming "responsible" law abiding citizens would understand when to draw their weapon and when not to.

If the movei theatre won't be a gun free zone, the psycho who knew he is the only one there having a gun would be less ready to shoot as ke could be shot immediately as well.

Gun free zones are the killers - this is an Aurora repeat all over again.

There were guns at many of the mass shootings but, over and over, we've seen unarmed civilians disarmed shooters.

A retired police officer, you know one of those highly trained, adequately background checked people gun grabbers have no issues with keeping thier firearms.

The former police captain, Curtis Reeves, 71, has been charged with second-degree murder. It's not immediately clear whether he has retained an attorney.

Given his age I would question his mental state.

The fact that he took a gun to a movie theater proves he is unstable.

There is only one reason to carry a gun - the desire and plan to shoot someone.

I vote democrat but I have a problem with their anti gun attitude. When I lived in rural northern california I think every household had guns. Same when I lived in Texas. No problems. It's certain low income neighborhoods in large cities period. Most gun owners and NRA types aren't the threat and neither am I.

What attitude is that?

The belief that some people should not be allowed to own/carry guns?

I have a problem with the nutter attitude that known terrorists, known criminals, known mentally ill, illegals and other fellow nutters should be able to walk into a theater, church, school, pizza joint with a gun hidden on their person.

We can't stop all the "bad guys with guns" any more than we can stop all drunk drivers but that is not reason not to try.

Oh wait..

They didn't.

Interesting spin. Now, we know that Gabby getting shot in the head was her own fault....

And there was a Mighty Mouse wannabe who hid in the Walgreen's. Like the nutters here, he was so afraid of the real world, he carried a gun with him to buy cigarettes. After unarmed civilians got the nutter under control, he came out and strutted around the dead bodies.

I'm assuming "responsible" law abiding citizens would understand when to draw their weapon and when not to.

You mean like the retired cop who murdered a father of a three year old he was texting?

Just like all the other responsible citizens who use legally-acquired guns to mow down people every day.

Where do you fools get this crap?

Oh wait..

They didn't.

Spin?
Common sense is not a spin.

Forum List

Back