Ex-Proud Boy Testifies Group Sought ‘All-Out Revolution’ in Capitol Riot

Which one or more of those mechanisms do you think didn't happen?

What did I make up? Please be specific.

I'm talking about an actual mechanism for them to insurrect, or coup, or prevent Biden from taking office.

Not calling legal maneuvering criminal, which is what you are doing.

Trump supporters have repeatedly claimed that January 6th was no an insurrection, yet this is coming straight from the horse's mouth. How much more evidence is needed as to the intentions of the capital rioters, especially when it's coming from the Proud Boys who practically the equivalent of Saddam's Republican Guard?

WASHINGTON—Members of the far-right Proud Boys were preparing for “all-out revolution” days before the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and eyeing the potential for supporters of then-President Donald Trump to violently oppose the peaceful transfer of power, a former leader of the group testified Wednesday.

Jeremy Bertino, 43 years old, took the stand as a star witness for the Justice Department in its trial against former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and four other members of the group who were charged last year with seditious conspiracy in connection with the Jan. 6 attack. All five have pleaded not guilty to that and all other charges.

The only thing I got from that, is that they were pretty pathetic.
Seriously? You are preparing for an all out revolution, and all you can do is slap on some face paint, sweat pants, and a viking helmet?
Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 13-14-02 coup - Google Search.png

And typically, don't revolutions to overthrow the system, not involve walking around with a flag of the system you supposedly are trying to overthrow?

1. "Meanwhile months of riots and violence in several cities during the Floyd thing is just A-OK."
2. "An unarmed woman being plugged by a cop while halfway through a window. A-OK"
3. "They. Were. Not. Incited. Stop using that word to lie."
-------------------------------------------------------------
OK, Marty, let's go there. OK?

1. The vandalism occurring in a few of the parades and protests against police-brutality in the summer of 2020 were not "A-OK'. I'm surprised you would think that they were. On the other hand, I do believe that a great many Americans deplored the vandalism but applauded the sentiment of bringing attention to, and expressing objections to..... the too frequent incidences of our law-enforcement killing unarmed black men.

2. I'm presuming poster Marty is referencing the now dead Ashli Babbitt. First, I don't think anyone of moral character and empathy for her family feels it is "A-OK". I'm surprised that Marty would suggest such. Anyway, the now dead Babbitt.....did something dumb, and it was perceived to be dangerous to our elected Representatives in Congress. It was perceived that way....then and subsequently....by the police sworn to protect those same Representatives. Ashli is dead because of.....Ashli. May her family find peace. (and that 'peace' I speak of would possibly come quicker and surer, if the RWNJ-world of MAGAloons would quit constantly dragging her poor corpse across the internet.)

3. As far as Don Trump inciting the intentionally provoked rally-members to turn into an angry mob who illegally marched to endanger our elected Representatives......well, Marty, --Newsflash --- That's what he did. That is what happened. It was all illegal. The march was illegal. Many of the actors and their actions at the Capitol were illegal. Egregiously so. Hence he 'incited' an illegal act. That is kinda sorta what 'inciting' does.

Duh!

-------------------------------------------------------------
OK, Marty, let's go there. OK?

1. The vandalism occurring in a few of the parades and protests against police-brutality in the summer of 2020 were not "A-OK'. I'm surprised you would think that they were. On the other hand, I do believe that a great many Americans deplored the vandalism but applauded the sentiment of bringing attention to, and expressing objections to..... the too frequent incidences of our law-enforcement killing unarmed black men.

2. I'm presuming poster Marty is referencing the now dead Ashli Babbitt. First, I don't think anyone of moral character and empathy for her family feels it is "A-OK". I'm surprised that Marty would suggest such. Anyway, the now dead Babbitt.....did something dumb, and it was perceived to be dangerous to our elected Representatives in Congress. It was perceived that way....then and subsequently....by the police sworn to protect those same Representatives. Ashli is dead because of.....Ashli. May her family find peace. (and that 'peace' I speak of would possibly come quicker and surer, if the RWNJ-world of MAGAloons would quit constantly dragging her poor corpse across the internet.)

3. As far as Don Trump inciting the intentionally provoked rally-members to turn into an angry mob who illegally marched to endanger our elected Representatives......well, Marty, --Newsflash --- That's what he did. That is what happened. It was all illegal. The march was illegal. Many of the actors and their actions at the Capitol were illegal. Egregiously so. Hence he 'incited' an illegal act. That is kinda sorta what 'inciting' does.

Duh!

A few. Like "mostly peaceful" rioting, right? Now I know you are full of shit, and making excuses for property damage AND injuring probably hundreds if not thousands of cops because you agree with the political agenda.

Only cop to open fire the whole day, against an unarmed woman in no position to hurt him or anyone else. With cops mingling on the same side of the door as the protesters, cops who were much more heavily armed and not being attacked.

Walking on public streets to a public building.....Keep justifying your crackpot worldview....

Any plans that one might feel this bunch had in mind means nothing when there is utterly no way to implement any such plan, if any.
The possibility that congress was held up for several hours is part of what protest is. Remember your darling BLM blocking traffic all over the nation?

Stop bringing up McVeigh, it was decades ago, I'm glad the shit was executed, and it just shows you can't argue effectively without trying the whole "everyone to the right of Mitt Romney is a Nazi"

Why? He's had the same anti-government rhetoric that y'all do. He made up the same blithering conspiracies that your little 'civil war' cosplayers do now.

Why didn't cops flock to join McVeigh after he attacked the federal building?

Why didn't cops flock to join Schiffer as he attacked the FBI?

Why didn't cops flock to join the J6 attackers and seditionists as they attacked our capitol?

Simple: You may imagine this grand battle between good and evil, between the 'patriots' and the 'woke left'. But to a cop, you'd just be another dipshit trying to hurt people and kill cops.

I'm talking about an actual mechanism for them to insurrect, or coup, or prevent Biden from taking office.

Not calling legal maneuvering criminal, which is what you are doing.
The mechanism was violence.

It even worked for a while. Lucky none of those Trump fanatics ran into Pence, Pelosi or AOC. I expect there would have been blood... except for pence I guess; hangings don't usually involve a lot of blood.

Yep. As tragic as 9-6 was, America actually got lucky that day. It could have gone a lot worse.

Isn't Lindell the guy that promised a $5 million dollar reward if any cyber expert could disprove his election data conspiracy......and then refused to pay when one did........That Mike Lindell?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yupper, the same Mike Lindell who claimed he had enough evidence to charge 300 million American citizens with election felonies. THAT Mike Lindell.

The same Mike Lindell who claimed Don Trump would be re-installed as President in August of 2021. Yupper, THAT Mike Lindell.

Oh, please, please, please......let's have Don Trump pick him as his VP running mate for 2024.
If you thought the elections of 2016 and 2020 were fun (I did)......then the Trump/Pillow ticket would be an epic Goat Ropin'.

Bring it on!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yupper, the same Mike Lindell who claimed he had enough evidence to charge 300 million American citizens with election felonies. THAT Mike Lindell.

The same Mike Lindell who claimed Don Trump would be re-installed as President in August of 2021. Yupper, THAT Mike Lindell.

Oh, please, please, please......let's have Don Trump pick him as his VP running mate for 2024.
If you thought the elections of 2016 and 2020 were fun (I did)......then the Trump/Pillow ticket would be an epic Goat Ropin'.

Bring it on!!
Given that in 2020, only 232 million Americans were even of voting age.......how does that work exactly?

Members of the far-right Proud Boys were preparing for “all-out revolution” days before the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and eyeing the potential for supporters of then-President Donald Trump to violently oppose the peaceful transfer of power, a former leader of the group testified Wednesday.
And the right’s war on democracy continues; the 1/6 rightwing domestic terrorist attack was just the beginning.

And the right’s war on democracy continues; the 1/6 rightwing domestic terrorist attack was just the beginning.

Undoubtedly. The right wingers are commited to a 'civil war'. The actual civil war was lead by States. There's not a single state getting behind them.

When they say 'civil war', what they mean is domestic terrorist attacks on cops, state and federal buildings and officials. Ala Tim McVeigh or Ricky Shiffer.

.how does that work exactly?

Well, I'm merely a messenger.
Mike would be the go-to source.

Although, I myself had a bit of skepticism about his "300 million" felons. A little arithmetic seems to indicate that in Mike's 'lock-em-up' regime......with 300 locked up, that leaves about 27 million to guard 'em.
And with about 25 million aged 6 to 11.....well, we'd have some fairly young jailers. Sort of a 'Shawshank Redemption' middle-school. No?

Well, I'm not sure how much it can mean to get a confession of what you want to hear from a guy agreeing to say anything you want just to get off the hook!
It's worthless Toob, anecdotally i've been offered which 'side of the bench' i'd like in the past......think clown car in court....
yet one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter Clay

~S~

Undoubtedly. The right wingers are commited to a 'civil war'. The actual civil war was lead by States. There's not a single state getting behind them.

When they say 'civil war', what they mean is domestic terrorist attacks on cops, state and federal buildings and officials. Ala Tim McVeigh or Ricky Shiffer.
Well of course.

Cowards are going to coward.

It's worthless Toob, anecdotally i've been offered which 'side of the bench' i'd like in the past......think clown car in court....

yet one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter Clay

~S~
Tell that to Daniel Shays.

Forum List

Back