Exclusive: 4 in 5 in US face near-poverty, no work

This ain't the Blaze reporting it is the AP.

For years we have been moving towards a liberal utopia, (ROTFLMAO) seems we are almost there (MegaDittos, lol). Great victories have been had by the liberal left, defeat of the people's will and DOMA. Gay Marriage, gays in the military, 99 weeks of unemployment, a national debt which is going to topple everything. And yes, the democrats have been in power since 2006 so don't try and blame anything on anyone other then the party of slavery. Now it is just economic slavery.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Four out of 5 U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream.

Survey data exclusive to The Associated Press points to an increasingly globalized U.S. economy, the widening gap between rich and poor and loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs as reasons for the trend (Who's responsible for this?).

The findings come as President Barack Obama tries to renew his administration's emphasis on the economy, saying in recent speeches that his highest priority is to "rebuild ladders of opportunity" and reverse income inequality.

And what is wrong with The President's emphasis on the economy and helping those who struggle? Better to give CEO's and Coupon Clippers tax breaks?

What's wrong you ask. He should have been worried 5 years ago.

We have to ask why we did so much better in the 1950's-1960's???

I am not really sure we were doing that much better. The air and water was much more polluted. The cars most people drove were not new or lasted as long as the ones today. Bread may have cost a 25 but at least today we have 2 dollars to pay for bread. Most people lived in tenements in the city. Black and white TV and no computers, internet or smart phones. Then there was Korea and Vietnam. Personally think our poor and middle class actually have it better today in many regards.

One might look at the tax structures in those years.

What was the Top Federal Income Tax Rate in 1956?

Edit A
In 1956, the Top Federal Income Tax Rate was 91% for regular income and 25% for capital gains.

Yet the 50's and 60's were good years. The first full year that I worked, in the '60's, I made $6500. My parents bought a large old house on a large lot for $6700 that same year.

For years we have been moving towards a liberal utopia, (ROTFLMAO) seems we are almost there (MegaDittos, lol). Great victories have been had by the liberal left, defeat of the people's will and DOMA. Gay Marriage, gays in the military, 99 weeks of unemployment, a national debt which is going to topple everything. And yes, the democrats have been in power since 2006 so don't try and blame anything on anyone other then the party of slavery. Now it is just economic slavery.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Four out of 5 U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream.

Survey data exclusive to The Associated Press points to an increasingly globalized U.S. economy, the widening gap between rich and poor and loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs as reasons for the trend (Who's responsible for this?).

The findings come as President Barack Obama tries to renew his administration's emphasis on the economy, saying in recent speeches that his highest priority is to "rebuild ladders of opportunity" and reverse income inequality.

And what is wrong with The President's emphasis on the economy and helping those who struggle? Better to give CEO's and Coupon Clippers tax breaks?
Nothing wrong with it. This is his..what? 5th attempt now?

What is wrong with dropping the progressive agenda, and I mean ALL OF IT, and then just work for the next 3 years on NOTHING BUT job creation?

your boi has a concentration issue. Maybe he is ADHD or something.

Edit A
In 1956, the Top Federal Income Tax Rate was 91% for regular income and 25% for capital gains.

Yet the 50's and 60's were good years. The first full year that I worked, in the '60's, I made $6500. My parents bought a large old house on a large lot for $6700 that same year.
They were NOT good years because of the tax rate. I can't believe people can't get past this.

Tax cuts help build businesses. However, it is still the businesses that have to create the wealth. This equates to more receipts in government coffers, but is NOT a reflection of a good economy.

Learn the difference on what makes an economy grow, what makes it sink, and what moves it at the margins.

Edit A

They were NOT good years because of the tax rate. I can't believe people can't get past this.

Tax cuts help build businesses. However, it is still the businesses that have to create the wealth. This equates to more receipts in government coffers, but is NOT a reflection of a good economy.

Learn the difference on what makes an economy grow, what makes it sink, and what moves it at the margins.

Well hells bells, what a wonderful thought. Tax cuts make the economy grow, and make businesses richer and able to hire more people. So that is why the economy was adding 500,000 jobs a month, and the market was at 16,000 at the end of the Bush years. Yessiree, ol' Obama had it all when he took office. A balanced budget, no deficits, full employment, and he made it all go away.

That is the "Conservative" alternative universe. Unfortunetly, the rest of us have to live in the real universe.

Edit A

They were good years because the working man's lot was getting better for the whole of those years. And the tax rate was to pay off WW2. Had Bush ran an honest government, we would all have been paying a higher tax rate to pay for his 3 trillion dollar Iraq adventure.

Since I am thinking quite a few of you were not around in the 50s and 60s what makes you think it was all that much better?

You need to brush up on your Leftoid Talking Points. Unemployment Insurance is the best way to stimulate the economy! Nancy said so.

Post a link with Rep Pelosi saying "UI is the best way to stimulate the economy".

Since I am thinking quite a few of you were not around in the 50s and 60s what makes you think it was all that much better?

For one thing only one income was necessary for a household. In a neighborhood of thirty or forty houses I knew of one house where both mother and father worked. These were pretty good neighborhoods and maybe it was different in poorer areas. This was around 1956. We have a lot more gadgets now but get rid of all the gadgets and it still takes two or more incomes to run a household today.

Forum List

Back