Executive Action: In Obama's own words...

He knows that what he's proposing to do is illegal and simply doesn't care. This is a political calculation by Barack Obama that he can make the GOP out as the "bad guys" by forcing them into either a governmental shutdown or an attempt to impeach him...both of which will completely derail any legislation to fix the economy this coming year. It's akin to someone throwing a "stink bomb" into the gymnasium at a high school dance because they couldn't talk any of the girls into dancing with them.

He knows that what he's proposing to do is illegal and simply doesn't care. This is a political calculation by Barack Obama that he can make the GOP out as the "bad guys" by forcing them into either a governmental shutdown or an attempt to impeach him...both of which will completely derail any legislation to fix the economy this coming year. It's akin to someone throwing a "stink bomb" into the gymnasium at a high school dance because they couldn't talk any of the girls into dancing with them.

I think it is actually a little more than that.
Of all Presidents, I have said that the one Obama has the most in common with is not Jimmy Carter, they are actually nothing alike at all, but Richard Nixon.
I believe that Obama still believes he has a mandate. I do not believe that he sees he lost the American people. As noted by his statement that "2/3 of the people didn't vote, I still hear those people" - alluding to, if not clinging to, a fact that most people still want him to do what he believes is right. Like I say, Richard Nixon.

Of all Presidents, I have said that the one Obama has the most in common with is not Jimmy Carter, they are actually nothing alike at all, but Richard Nixon.
I believe that Obama still believes he has a mandate. I do not believe that he sees he lost the American people. As noted by his statement that "2/3 of the people didn't vote, I still hear those people" - alluding to, if not clinging to, a fact that most people still want him to do what he believes is right. Like I say, Richard Nixon.

Nixon would never have done what Obama is about to do, Iam. If Obama honestly believes that all those Democratic voters staying home was a "mandate" for him to continue doing what he's been doing, then he's either an idiot or is wearing political blinders.

Quite frankly I don't buy your explanation at all. I think this is an ego thing with Barack Obama. The GOP won control of the Senate. He was being marginalized. His last two years he would have been relegated to signing legislation that the Republicans were responsible for coming up with. Instead of allowing that to happen, Barry decided to make it all about himself again. He declared war on the GOP with his declaration of an Executive Action that he KNOWS will infuriate the GOP and destroy any chance of bi-partisanship on any legislation for years to come. This is a conscious choice by Barack Obama to bring the US government to a grinding halt rather than let the Republicans do anything that will improve the economy and make him look worse than he already does.

Just curious, did any of you republicans bitch when Bush or your hero Reagan created Executive orders? No?

Immigration Reform = codespeak for Shamnesty.

If the Failed Messiah decides to grant Shamnesty via Executive Order...

It shouldn't be too difficult to drum-up 'High Crimes and Misdemeanors' to charge him with...

Come January...

Impeachment in the House would be easy enough...

Conviction in the Senate could prove problematic...

Given that so many of them ran from Obumble at the speed of light, in the mid-terms, who knows?

And, if they can't quite squeak-out the votes in the Senate on their own...

I wonder if the Pubs can buy-off enough Dem-Senators to clinch the deal...

At least they'd still have a Dem in the Oval Office until January 20, 2017...

Even Joe would be an improvement at this stage of the game...

I never thought it would get this bad...

I was wrong...

Last edited:
Just curious, did any of you republicans bitch when Bush or your hero Reagan created Executive orders? No?
The point of the OP video is that Obama said he was going to reverse that course.

He lied.

Executive Orders were put in place to enable the President to do the country's business when Congress was not in session. They were not put in place for the President to side step the people's representatives and rule by "decree".

Face it, libs.

Obama lives on a planet of His own.

You aren't there.

Congress isn't there.

Michelle isn't there.

The First Pickanninies are not there.

He's all by Himself. Well....not quite....Him AND His (Royal) mirror.

This wasn't a nationl election just in the area's where the slackjawed jackanapes dwell in jesusland

With all due respect, JFK...show me an Executive Action by either Bush or Reagan that flaunted existing laws passed by Congress like the EA that Obama is proposing would do!

Nice deflection but the question still stands. And what EAs is Obama "flaunted" existing law? Executive orders are directives on how the law should be enforced. So yeah, he can change how the law was enforced.

Executive Orders were put in place to enable the President to do the country's business when Congress was not in session. They were not put in place for the President to side step the people's representatives and rule by "decree".

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

Executive Orders were put in place to enable the President to do the country's business when Congress was not in session.

Nope. Cool story, though!

They are intended to execute the laws.

When Congress passes legislation, those laws contain sections which direct the Executive branch to flesh out the law. The law is the framework, and the Executive fleshes it out with regulations. EO's ordinarily direct which departments are to carry out those tasks.

They occasionally deal with contingencies.

Read some.

Last edited:
Executive Orders were put in place to enable the President to do the country's business when Congress was not in session.

They are designed to execute the laws.

When Congress passes legislation, those laws contain sections which direct the Executive branch to flesh out the law. The law is the framework, and the Executive fleshes it out with regulations. EO's direct which departments are to carry out those tasks.
Regardless...

----------
...They were not put in place for the President to side step the people's representatives and rule by "decree".

----------

That's the REAL meat in that para...

This wasn't a nationl election just in the area's where the slackjawed jackanapes dwell in jesusland

Democrats lost in Maryland and Massachusetts, Dude...stop deluding yourself about what this last election meant.

They are intended to execute the laws.

When Congress passes legislation, those laws contain sections which direct the Executive branch to flesh out the law. The law is the framework, and the Executive fleshes it out with regulations. EO's ordinarily direct which departments are to carry out those tasks.

They occasionally deal with contingencies.

Read some.

What immigration law is it that President Obama is "fleshing out", G5000? He's talking about wholesale changes to our immigration laws.

They are designed to execute the laws.

When Congress passes legislation, those laws contain sections which direct the Executive branch to flesh out the law. The law is the framework, and the Executive fleshes it out with regulations. EO's direct which departments are to carry out those tasks.
Regardless...

----------
...They were not put in place for the President to side step the people's representatives and rule by "decree".

----------

That's the REAL meat in that para...
As I said in another topic today, if you are going to fabricate a yardstick by which to measure the current occupant of the White House, don't whine when that same yardstick is used to measure prior and future occupants.

Don't get me wrong, though. Obama made a promise that he was going to fashion a new, more difficult yardstick for himself. He broke that promise. He kept Bush's yardstick around.

Forum List

Back