expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Mayor meets with NFL executives over stadium plans FOX5 San Diego San Diego news weather traffic sports from KSWB

San Diego gives Chargers a Sept. 11 deadline to commit to staying - The Orange County Register

Something to ponder on the shores of Lake Merritt... The County wants out of the stadium game, so that leaves one entity (The City) for the Raiders to deal with. That might simplify things a bit.
Alameda County wants out as A s Raiders Coliseum landlord - SFGate

SHHHH...his plan is working. St. Louis is closer to building him a new stadium. He's born, raised and educated in Missouri. LA is just not his style.

http://www.insidestl.com/…/Jim-Thomas-Talks-Rams-Revenue-Sa…

awesome article.lol

Insider Buzz Owners Want to Reduce Goodell s Power After Deflategate Debacle Bleacher Report

Bernie writes this article from the St. Louis perspective, but instead, read this article as if it was written back in 1994 and change the town and owner names to LA and Georgia. If you do that, then this quote is perfect, "When an emotional connection between a fan and team is being frayed and gradually severed by feelings of uncertainty, fear and betrayal... The fans deserve better."

Our emotional connection was frayed.
We were betrayed.
We deserve better.
Bernie Potential move is buzzkill at Rams camp Sports

i am droolling.lol

David Hall - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams Facebook

So we had another opinion piece on the NFL relocation soap opera. Just like the dozen more or so such articles we shall see in the months to come. It really smells of TMZ and National Enquire when a somewhat respected writer (Jason LaConfora of CBS) comes out and says the vote will go for the Chargers because Spanos and Policy are just better liked than Kroenke. Really? Is that how it works in the NFL? Some how I think its more logical then that. More based upon what is good business for the NFL. I'm actually disappointed that LaConfora would come out with an article like that but I guess I overrated him. Its like Fred Roggin said the other day when he said we should believe less than half of what we read and hear.
YEP.

1) the city of St Louis broke it's original lease with the Rams, went to court, and lost in arbitration regarding the top tier clause. They had years to fix the problem but they constantly got extensions from Ram management teams.

2) The Riverfront stadium is not top tier, and it will come at a cost to the owner. As you may or may not know, the Rams are not the only team that have a top tier clause in their lease. If the nfl "forces" Stan to stay they will set a precedent for those other cities to back out of the original lease and offer something subpar at the expense of the owners and the nfl.

3) Carson stadium is "entitled," but even if it is approved there is still a possibility of it not getting built. The site and plan have multiple issues including threat of lawsuits. Carson is a leverage ploy that has gone too far, and has constantly been debunked by The Dean, Fred Roggin.

4) San Diego and Oakland may have long time stadium issues, but they still have viable markets. The same cannot be said about St Louis. Thanks to the leaked market survey we all know that St Louis as a market is dying and does not offer long term financial growth for multiple franchises. Look at the Blues. They spent in the offseason, they marketed to fans, and the stadium was almost always sold out. Explain to me why they were the only team in the NHL to report negative profits? The Rams are in a more difficult situation then the Raiders and the chargers because of this; shitty stadium, weak corporate sponsorship, poor fan support (I watch the games, and I always see a sea of colors in the stands, just not Rams colors), and little room for growth because of the 2000 pound gorilla, the Cards.

Time will tell us, and my guess is that history will repeat itself; when an owner wants to move nothing stops them. And a team that should have never moved away from socal will have its history restored.
well said.:beer:

Last edited:
The Raiders and San DiegoChargersreceived an approval plan for a $1.7 billion stadium from the Carson, Calif. City Council earlier this year, but both teams have said they will continue to look for new stadium deals in their respective cities if the Carson project does not materialize.

which is a given.:biggrin:

NFL in Los Angeles Giants John Mara expects 2 teams in LA - NFL - SI.com

I went through this before,” Fisher said, referencing the move of the Houston Oilers to Tennessee nearly 20 years ago. “I went through it for three years. The important thing for the players to realize is it’s all out of our control."

Like just about any NFL coach would say at this time of year, Fisher’s concern is on the opener Sept. 13 against Seattle. Initial indications are that ticket sales are lagging, more so because of the potential move than the fact that the Rams haven’t had a winning record since 2003.

Fisher isn t worried about LA factor Sports

"But while Fisher has done his best to maintain plausible deniability, the Los Angeles drumbeat only figures to get louder as the preseason and training camp roll on."

Ten burning Rams questions Will Los Angeles be a distraction - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN

Man I wish the Rams were playing in LA this season. They look to have an exciting team. But I just can't root for them until the front of the jersey says Los Angeles.#LARams2016

I live 100 miles north of St. Louis and have for 30 years. I'm a So Cal native and have always been a LA Rams fan until they moved here. There was some buzz when they first moved here but not much. I have a lot of friends here and I know only 1 Rams fan that I'm aware of. It's mostly Bears, Packers and some stray Cowboys fans. This area could care less about the St. Louis Rams. Bernie is an idiot. NOBODY cares about this team here !!!!!!
good man.:beer:

Last edited:
miklasz: "if Rams owner Stan Kroenke gets his way, this will be the team’s final training camp in St. Louis. And for many fans, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to embrace the team they love. When you aren’t sure if the team will run away from you, the natural reaction is to hold back, stay at a safe distance and try to minimize the pain inside."

miklasz: "if Rams owner Stan Kroenke gets his way, this will be the team’s final training camp in St. Louis. And for many fans, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to embrace the team they love. When you aren’t sure if the team will run away from you, the natural reaction is to hold back, stay at a safe distance and try to minimize the pain inside."

Bernie Potential move is buzzkill at Rams camp Sports

ShaneGmoSTLRams: "Will the Year Of The Ram go down in history as being the year when the nation's top sports league left St. Louis - never to take up residence here again?"

Rams Training Camp Overview What Will the Year of the Ram Bring St. Louis insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports Music Entertainment and Nightlife STL Rams

fred roggin on his show mentioned the city of SD is dealing directly with the NFL now since chargers wont deal with them. Inglewood is better ready,is further along,better facilitys,not even close.
the city of SD is one step closer to keeping the chargers in SD with EIR report.have to have willing partner to negotiate.they will meet timeline NFL is looking for.
the chargers want inglewood to quit and the city of SD to quit so they can be the no 1 team to LA.do they have corporate sponsorship in SD to be successful? sd mayor says yes.

what you hear is not what is happening.what you hear is what the media wants you to hear.

EIR tell NFL in august we can meet deadline.city of SD will come through.huge step to keep them.chargers want city of SD to say its a waste of time dealing with you so they can go to LA.lol that is why SD is talking to league office,not chargers.

oakland at least though is trying to get something done.

Not a real big Rams fan but I like this coach and they drafted one of my favorite college players this past draft so I will pay more attention. I am curious though what team would replace the rams in St Louis? I personally would like to see 2 new teams added to the NFL. One in LA and one in The midwest somewhere maybe...hell maybe even Hawaii or Alaska.

roggin said on his radio show chargers dont want city of SD to be ready for EIR ballot in jan.they want raiders cause they think they cant control corporate dollars if it is the Rams.

hunderds of engineers and architects are working around the clock in inglewood,carson is not ready despite what media says.

inglewood has said we are building a stadium no matter what and you cant stop us.we are going to move a team there.league cant stop him from building.carson has no entitlementmno architectures,construction.

sd cant say we cant sell tickets cause they are.sd talk to state capitol,they can get roadblock for chargers to LA.stalling,not enough time.BS.

Not a real big Rams fan but I like this coach and they drafted one of my favorite college players this past draft so I will pay more attention. I am curious though what team would replace the rams in St Louis? I personally would like to see 2 new teams added to the NFL. One in LA and one in The midwest somewhere maybe...hell maybe even Hawaii or Alaska.

I would agree with you that it would be cool to have a team in Hawaii,not Alaska though.Nobody would want to play there or travel there.

the NFL would be stupid if they brought any other team to st louis other than the cardinals but this is the NFL though.

I will laugh so hard when st louis loses the Rams because they are bandwagon hypocrites.they whined about losing the cardinals yet they go and do the same thing,steal something that does not belong to them.thats why i hate st louis sports teams.

they never even wanted the Rams there in the first place,the first four years when they had losing teams,that place was half empty all the time,you could easily get a good seat to a football game there back then.wasnt till kurt warner and marshall faulk came along and they went to the superbowl and started winning,that they decided to show up.

freaking bandwagon fans.

oh and once they move back to LA,they need to get rid of jeff fisher.only an idiot would have hired Brian SHITTENHIEMER for their offensive coordinater.He got booed out of new york.the crowd there once chanted-FIRE SHOTTY.:biggrin:

I used to think that the Rams made a great move initially when they hired him but im guessing that was why the Titans let him go was he got senial at the end.lol.

Alameda county supervisor Nate Miley along with Fred Roggin says Mark Davis's heart is in oakland.That he really wants to stay there. Miley says if economics cant work for all sides then davis has to pursue whats best for his business. a bad picture has been pained in oakland.

NFL meeting with SD.tore SD apart.came from fibiani.will know something soon who is moving,who is staying,it nuked SD and came from NFL.learned letter is fake.never saw it grubman said.SD said they never saw letter.

if chargers dont come,there is no carson.

letter sounds like it was written by fabiani,no way to find out if letter is real.

raiders might be in santa clara for 5 year wait for new stadium.driving forces is chargrs to LA and mostly the Rams.tim kawakami san jose mercury news.raiders team has to attach.

chargers dont have money to go rogue.

some sense in NFL is they dont want davis owned team in LA.will kronke want them.NFL does not want raiders to be there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back