Explain this to me like I am 5 years old

Than put the bad people in prison for their crimes instead of leaving them free to commit more. It’s simple, no violent criminals, no violent crime.
Waiting till bad people kill someone is too late
We need to keep guns away from bad men
Bad men like guns

The Second Amendment was intended to mean that the FEDERAL government would not restrict the citizen's right to be armed. At the time they were ratified, none of the Constitutional amendments were intended to apply to the various states but only to the federal government.
The 2nd was incorporated against actions by the states in 2010.
Thus, the issue before us.

Just like you Republicans lie about abortion being settled and states rights? Wow! Now suddenly you see where I'm coming from with the abortion issue. Only you think it about guns.
That would be a credible argument if you were talking about, say the 1st Amendment and California were to require a license to preach on the sidewalk outside an abortion clinic while Alabama did not, and preachers from Alabama were prohibited from getting such a license in California. The problem with your argument is that the 2nd Amendment is literally a constitutional right while abortion simply is not.

View attachment 1002475

I'm not the one giving them the firearm.

However, if they went passed all the background checks, applied for the permit, etc, etc, etc,... that would be required to obtain such a firearm then the retailer selling the firearm would know they are law abiding.

SMILE

:)

Just like all the guns originally sold by those gun shops...

Only to have a huge, beyond huge, black market selling them illegally.... later down the road.

Thank God the shooter's father didn't legally own a Machine gun!!!!

That would be a credible argument if you were talking about, say the 1st Amendment and California were to require a license to preach on the sidewalk outside an abortion clinic while Alabama did not, and preachers from Alabama were prohibited from getting such a license in California. The problem with your argument is that the 2nd Amendment is literally a constitutional right while abortion simply is not.
What red state allows me to open carry my gun inside their schools? So why are they violating my constitutional rights in those red states?

What red state allows me to open carry my gun inside their schools? So why are they violating my constitutional rights in those red states?
Now you're on a different topic altogether. Did you give up the abortion thing?

Here's a hint, you're not allowed to get an abortion on school grounds in blue states. Aren't they violating your constitutional rights?

Forum List

Back