Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

You ignorant fool, not having people starving in the street promotes the general welfare of a nation, thus welfare programs are perfectly constitutional.

No.. you ignoramus

You are ADDING to it... those programs are not specifically listed.. and the Union as a whole is not the same as the needs of individuals.. once again, for your ignorance is great, when the constitution meant "the people" it stated "the people".. they were VERY specific and deliberate in their wording

And to go to your extreme.. having someone 'starving in the street' does not hinder the running of the government.. it hinders the individuals well being...

Your upkeep and your well being and your perception of what you think you 'need' is a personal thing.. now.. your state constitution or local laws can take it upon themselves to have programs, as long as those governments give themselves that specific power thru the process of their constitutions.. or you, since the power is given to both he state and 'the people' by the federal constitution, have the power to give of yourself to help those you wish to help.. whether it be a starving person or a person who had their house burn down or a person who wants help affording education

Only a brain dead moron would think that a society can not grow in over 200 years and yes people starving in the streets can hinder a government, many governments have been overthrow due to such.

Only a fool thinks words don't have specific meanings...

Nobody ever said that a society does not 'grow' in whatever meaning you wish to associate to 'grow'

People starving effects the people starving.. it does not effect the running of the government between the states...

The government that have been overthrown kept taking from people while the starvation happened... the government did not get overthrown for taking less and ceasing spending on things it should not have.... it was not overthrown by taking less out of the hands of private society

I showed you, point by point, part by part, exactly what the section says.. and you just keep bobbing and weaving

There is part of the constitution that allows for growth and change.. it is the amendment process.. the very process that can add or remove a power from this federal government... there is no other way to assume or add a power, although our government has taken upon itself the ability to add whatever powers they want for the sake of power

If it takes 15.00 an hour to have a "living" wage, well I really dont have an issue with that except that really all your doing is raising the cost to build a widget, or grow a widget to a point in which the 8.00 an hour becomes 15.00 an hour it seems to me
What is a living wage?

The amount of money you earn to live on.

No.. you ignoramus

You are ADDING to it... those programs are not specifically listed.. and the Union as a whole is not the same as the needs of individuals.. once again, for your ignorance is great, when the constitution meant "the people" it stated "the people".. they were VERY specific and deliberate in their wording

And to go to your extreme.. having someone 'starving in the street' does not hinder the running of the government.. it hinders the individuals well being...

Your upkeep and your well being and your perception of what you think you 'need' is a personal thing.. now.. your state constitution or local laws can take it upon themselves to have programs, as long as those governments give themselves that specific power thru the process of their constitutions.. or you, since the power is given to both he state and 'the people' by the federal constitution, have the power to give of yourself to help those you wish to help.. whether it be a starving person or a person who had their house burn down or a person who wants help affording education

Only a brain dead moron would think that a society can not grow in over 200 years and yes people starving in the streets can hinder a government, many governments have been overthrow due to such.

Only a fool thinks words don't have specific meanings...

Nobody ever said that a society does not 'grow' in whatever meaning you wish to associate to 'grow'

People starving effects the people starving.. it does not effect the running of the government between the states...

The government that have been overthrown kept taking from people while the starvation happened... the government did not get overthrown for taking less and ceasing spending on things it should not have.... it was not overthrown by taking less out of the hands of private society

I showed you, point by point, part by part, exactly what the section says.. and you just keep bobbing and weaving

There is part of the constitution that allows for growth and change.. it is the amendment process.. the very process that can add or remove a power from this federal government... there is no other way to assume or add a power, although our government has taken upon itself the ability to add whatever powers they want for the sake of power

Funny coming from a fool that thinks the word welfare had a different meaning 200 + years ago.

Retires and highschool kids fit the bill perfectly. And who knows,if they apply themselves they could become managers.

Simple minds always have simple solutions to complicated matters! :lol:

(So, in a bad economy, it's fine to quit a job that pays little in hopes to finding another one that pays more, in the mean time, if you don't find one, what?) Wouldn't it make more sense for Wal-Mart who is raking in billions to raise salaries? But, I gather you don't mind making up the difference! :lol:

Every business seeks to keep payroll costs to a minimum, and any business would jump at the opportunity for government to subsidize their employee’s salaries, but when a giant profitable corporation uses taxpayer dollars to supplement their payrolls, voters should be outraged. WalMart posted profits of $15.4 billion in 2011, and it enriched 6 WalMart heirs and heiresses whose combined worth is greater than the bottom 41% of American families (48.8 million households). Part of WalMart’s profits come from paying employees below poverty level wages, and to keep WalMart associates from going hungry and falling ill, taxpayers provided food stamps and Medicaid to make up the difference.

WalMart earns record profits while supporting Republicans who want to slash their employees' food stamps

You've never lived through a bad economy? I did in the eighties,and of course right now,thank God i'm immune to it this time around because I made good decisions in the past. It's part of life,get used to it.
And we all know it's all about you. You made good decisions so to hell with those who didn't, right? Or to those that didn't get the same opportunities you might have. Yep, that about sums it up for the compassionate conservatives.
As far as you crying about the gov subsidizing wallyworld employees?
You totally misunderstood my post. Republican/conservatives are the ones that are always crying/whining about welfare, so, you have no business complaining about welfare and food stamps, because you are okay with Wal-Mart's lousy salaries, you're okay with subsidizing Wal-mart's salaries.

Obama care is forcing business around the country to cut hours to avoid it. Maybe you should concern yourself with that issue. Because it will dwarf your wallyworld complaints.
That's mostly because they are greedy and would rather scam their own employees than treat them with dignity. Why should I concern myself with that, eventually these greedy businesses will reap what they sow, and I happen to think it is a good idea for everyone to be able to afford healthcare, not just Senators and Representatives and wealthy people.

Simple minds always have simple solutions to complicated matters! :lol:

(So, in a bad economy, it's fine to quit a job that pays little in hopes to finding another one that pays more, in the mean time, if you don't find one, what?) Wouldn't it make more sense for Wal-Mart who is raking in billions to raise salaries? But, I gather you don't mind making up the difference! :lol:

Every business seeks to keep payroll costs to a minimum, and any business would jump at the opportunity for government to subsidize their employee’s salaries, but when a giant profitable corporation uses taxpayer dollars to supplement their payrolls, voters should be outraged. WalMart posted profits of $15.4 billion in 2011, and it enriched 6 WalMart heirs and heiresses whose combined worth is greater than the bottom 41% of American families (48.8 million households). Part of WalMart’s profits come from paying employees below poverty level wages, and to keep WalMart associates from going hungry and falling ill, taxpayers provided food stamps and Medicaid to make up the difference.

WalMart earns record profits while supporting Republicans who want to slash their employees' food stamps

You've never lived through a bad economy? I did in the eighties,and of course right now,thank God i'm immune to it this time around because I made good decisions in the past. It's part of life,get used to it.
And we all know it's all about you. You made good decisions so to hell with those who didn't, right? Or to those that didn't get the same opportunities you might have. Yep, that about sums it up for the compassionate conservatives.
As far as you crying about the gov subsidizing wallyworld employees?
You totally misunderstood my post. Republican/conservatives are the ones that are always crying/whining about welfare, so, you have no business complaining about welfare and food stamps, because you are okay with Wal-Mart's lousy salaries, you're okay with subsidizing Wal-mart's salaries.

Obama care is forcing business around the country to cut hours to avoid it. Maybe you should concern yourself with that issue. Because it will dwarf your wallyworld complaints.
That's mostly because they are greedy and would rather scam their own employees than treat them with dignity. Why should I concern myself with that, eventually these greedy businesses will reap what they sow, and I happen to think it is a good idea for everyone to be able to afford healthcare, not just Senators and Representatives and wealthy people.

I wont go into how much my wife and I give to charity.

How many times must it be said.....if you dont like your pay,improve yourself and aim higher,work harder. I'm tired of hearing the recent generations whining all the time.
Seriously,everyone goes through hard times. It's how you deal with it.
I've been through two shitty stretches in my life due to the economy. So this is nothing new.

And if I have to get into why businesses are trying to defray the cost of obama care we might as well stop here.

Sure, brainwashed hater dupes- there are plenty of jobs, but people love being humiliated on welfare. You're a disgrace.

I am aware of people who choose welfare over self-accountability.

Horseshytte....do you expect them to cry all the time, or what? They have no choice, and like some dignity. They probably think you're incredibly pompous a-hole LOL. They'd much prefer a good job, maybe they need health care and have to be on welfare to get Medicaid- till NEXT YEAR.
There are LOTS of discouraged UE. Thanks for the depression and ruining the recovery LOL

Sure, brainwashed hater dupes- there are plenty of jobs, but people love being humiliated on welfare. You're a disgrace.

Horseshytte....do you expect them to cry all the time, or what? They have no choice, and like some dignity. They probably think you're incredibly pompous a-hole LOL. They'd much prefer a good job, maybe they need health care and have to be on welfare to get Medicaid- till NEXT YEAR.
There are LOTS of discouraged UE. Thanks for the depression and ruining the recovery LOL

Many would prefer a good joint, a soft couch, and for the rest of us to buy them an X-box! Oh, and a 60" HDTV... don't forget that!!

NOBODY here knows how this is going to work...I blame the media and the Dems for not explaining it better. But the Dems didn't pass something to make themselves unpopular. The subsidies for poorer workers I get, but I haven't heard about help for employers. And I don't believe a single thing that liar Pubs or misinformed dupes have to say, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

It's like Pelosi said, we'll get it when it starts.

NOBODY here knows how this is going to work...I blame the media and the Dems for not explaining it better. But the Dems didn't pass something to make themselves unpopular. The subsidies for poorer workers I get, but I haven't heard about help for employers. And I don't believe a single thing that liar Pubs or misinformed dupes have to say, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

It's like Pelosi said, we'll get it when it starts.

Of that I have no doubt.

Many would prefer a good joint, a soft couch, and for the rest of us to buy them an X-box! Oh, and a 60" HDTV... don't forget that!!

No wonder they think you'rea pompous a-hole....they must grow their own...LOL They'd STILL prefer a job with living wage and Medicaid...NEXT YEAR.

No wonder they think you'rea pompous a-hole....they must grow their own...LOL They'd STILL prefer a job with living wage and Medicaid...NEXT YEAR.

No --- They would still prefer to blame "the man" and take my money. If they wanted a job and a living wage they would work to accomplish that!

What they want is to get stoned and play video games while watching the moron leftists play into their pity party!

Yup, plenty of jobs for all!! Idiot. They have to apply for 10 jobs a week, go to class on doing so, and work humiliating bs at min wage for their benifits, dingbat.

"Are employees who receive employer provided health insurance eligible for subsidies if their income is below 400% of the poverty level?

No, workers who receive employer benefits--those that meet the coverage and affordability requirements discussed above--do not qualify for federal subsidies. The thinking there is that these workers already have access to an affordable health insurance plan, so they won’t need the government assistance.

It’s worth noting there has been some lobbying to change this part of the law, at least for union plans. The Wall Street Journal reported a few months ago on a push to allow workers to receive both tax subsidies and employer benefits. The Obama administration told the Journal that the issue was subject to regulations still being drafted."

Washington Post

That's right! LOL Still working on it. How many pages is that, dupes?

Last edited:
I would love to see some stats on how many people enter the workforce and never get above min wage. It's gotta account for a very small percentage.
I mean come on !! You would have to be a complete dolt to stay at min wage.

And if min wage isn't enough to light a fire under your ass,you're hopeless anyway.

I would love to see some stats on how many people enter the workforce and never get above min wage. It's gotta account for a very small percentage.

And if min wage isn't enough to light a fire under your ass,you're hopeless anyway.

Maybe. Or maybe you've just figured out how to get by on very little nominal income. Maybe you've got lots of friends who are willing to help you out, or you barter and recycle most of what you need. There are other lifestyles outside the consumer treadmill.

There's a really fantastic movie called "Off the Map" about a family that does something like that. They get audited by the IRS and the agent is sort of blown away by the fact that they really don't have anything like cash income. I've known people like this. It's not inconceivable.

Last edited:

WOW, if they make it all the way to 9 bucks an hour, easy street is just around the corner.
And at 10 bucks an hour, well the 1%ers need to watch out. There's some new rich people in town.

Maybe. Or maybe you've just figured out how to get by on very little nominal income. Maybe you've got lots of friends who are willing to help you out, or you barter and recycle most of what you need. There are other lifestyles outside the consumer treadmill.

There's a really fantastic movie called "Off the Map" about a family that does something like that. They get audited by the IRS and the agent is sort of blown away by the fact that they really don't have anything like cash income. I've known people like this. It's not inconceivable.

If they want to live on min wage I dont have a problem with it.
It's people who demand money that they dont deserve that I have a problem with.

Forum List

Back