‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

Right now Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and other sectors of the GOP Clown Brigade Part Deux have twinkles in their eyes, rubbing their gritty palms together with a low-ebbed mwahhahaha in their breath ...

No one could be happier at the moment.

Up until now he claimed neither he or his staff had anything to do with this. Now some pretty damning emails have come out showing his staff laughing about it -- and well, it's not looking too good for the upcoming Pressy hopeful.

The Bergen Record”s Shawn Boburg published details that connect the scandal to the governor’s office in ways that raise the stakes of the controversy considerably.
A cache of private messages between Governor’s Christie’s deputy chief of staff and his two top executives at the Port Authority reveal a vindictive effort to create “traffic problems in Fort Lee,” apparent pleasure at the resulting gridlock, and insults used to refer to the borough’s mayor, who had failed to endorse Christie for re-election.

The documents obtained by The Record also raise serious doubts about months of claims by the Christie administration that the September closures of local access lanes to the George Washington Bridge were part of a traffic study initiated solely by the Port Authority. Instead, they show that one of the governor’s top aides was deeply involved in the decision to choke off the borough’s access to the bridge, and they provide the strongest indication yet that it was part of a politically-motivated vendetta – a notion that Christie has publicly denied.

In mid-August, just a few weeks before the lane closures, Bridget Anne Kelly, one of three deputies on Christie’s senior staff, emailed David Wildstein, the top Christie executive at the Port Authority who ordered the closures.

“Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” she told him. “Got it,” he replied.
'Explosive documents' connect Christie, bridge scandal | MSNBC

Christie cancelled his only public appearance today. He's got some splainin' to do.

To which we say: Please proceed, Governor...
Christie lost me when he had two state elections about a month apart. Elections are not free. They cost money and Christie could have saved the state of New Jersey a bunch of money by combining the two elections. However, Christie did not want to be on a ballot with Cory Booker despite the fact Christie and Booker were not running against each other. If he would throw away the state of New Jersey's money without any concern, why should I trust him with my tax money
The absolutely last thing this country needs is a vindictive president who can put his finger on the "button" if he gets pissed!

Ron, are you in New Jersey? The Ft. Lee entrance into the GWB is probably one of the busiest, most clogged intersections in the U.S. UNBELIEVABLE if this is true, that he would pull this shit and close those lanes. I didn't want to believe it, either. But hey, you are so right about the two elections a month apart. What a huge waste of money.

The only politics in Jersey is corruption. You don't become governor just because you have off-the-cuff oratory skills. A buddy of mine owns a large scale contracting firm and has divulged that the way he got contracts was by handing over envelopes of cash. That's how you win a bid. That's Jersey.

That's just New Jersey, hmmmm? There's a turnip truck cruising the area looking for you right now.....

Oh, I know.....Texas. They're squeaky clean there. Oh, and let's not forget Illinois. Boy Scouts there. Northern Virginia? All good Christians.....Uh-huh.

Up until now he claimed neither he or his staff had anything to do with this. Now some pretty damning emails have come out showing his staff laughing about it -- and well, it's not looking too good for the upcoming Pressy hopeful.

'Explosive documents' connect Christie, bridge scandal | MSNBC

Christie cancelled his only public appearance today. He's got some splainin' to do.

To which we say: Please proceed, Governor...
Christie lost me when he had two state elections about a month apart. Elections are not free. They cost money and Christie could have saved the state of New Jersey a bunch of money by combining the two elections. However, Christie did not want to be on a ballot with Cory Booker despite the fact Christie and Booker were not running against each other. If he would throw away the state of New Jersey's money without any concern, why should I trust him with my tax money
The absolutely last thing this country needs is a vindictive president who can put his finger on the "button" if he gets pissed!

Ron, are you in New Jersey? The Ft. Lee entrance into the GWB is probably one of the busiest, most clogged intersections in the U.S. UNBELIEVABLE if this is true, that he would pull this shit and close those lanes. I didn't want to believe it, either. But hey, you are so right about the two elections a month apart. What a huge waste of money.
Not probably. It is. Busiest bridge in America.

The only politics in Jersey is corruption. You don't become governor just because you have off-the-cuff oratory skills. A buddy of mine owns a large scale contracting firm and has divulged that the way he got contracts was by handing over envelopes of cash. That's how you win a bid. That's Jersey.

That's just New Jersey, hmmmm? There's a turnip truck cruising the area looking for you right now.....

Oh, I know.....Texas. They're squeaky clean there. Oh, and let's not forget Illinois. Boy Scouts there. Northern Virginia? All good Christians.....Uh-huh.

I never said it's just Jersey, but Jersey is exceptional. I lived there most of my adult life with lots of people in on the inner workings of transportation and other venues.

I can tell you a lot of Northern Virginia too and the corrupt school system as my former business partner's wife worked there.

While this is petty and cruel it does show a lot about the nature of Christie

He knows he is running for president. He knows he is under a microscope. But he still can't help playing the bully. Christie cannot let any slight go unpunished. He does it in his press conferences and he does it with this type of petty bullying

"I've made it very clear to everybody on my senior staff that if anyone had any knowledge about this that they needed to come forward and tell me about it and they've all assured me that they don't," he said at that time.

He covered his derriere with that statement. Now he will fire the senior staffer.
I don't think so. His top staff were obviously way involved and it shows poor management skills if people he picked were dishonest to him like that. Not to mention some of the horrible things they said. Those emails are pretty damaging.

Also, his "nothing to see here, move along" attitude about it -- on either side of it, will add 150 pounds to the weight around his ankles.

Well put

Whoever shut down those lanes was petty and vindictive. The GWB will back up for 2 hours if someone has a flat tire at one of those entrances and Christie closed down TWO?

The emails celebrating the traffic nightmare they created were embarrassing

As was Christies dismissive "Nothing to see here...this issue is over"

Christie will fire people and nobody will care in 2016. But he is revealing his nature that people in NJ have seen for ten years....it will come back to haunt him

Christie would be my choice right now, but I heard the other day that he carries a lot if baggage.

Apparently, he was a lobbyist for the Securities Industry Association, and tried to get the securities industry exempt from consumer protection laws in NJ. The head of the SIA at the time? Bernie Madoff.

That's not good for a Presidential candidate.

The Romney team did due diligence on him as a possible VP candidate and decided to pass after what they found.

So cynical. Obama's legacy was supposed to be so much more. :(

What does Christie have to do with Obama's legacy? :confused:

It's Obama supporters who favor Christie. Obama's thuggery has numbed them to thuggish behavior from others. Obama who was supposed to show how good government is has left us all more jaded. :(

No it's not.

Obama supporters favor Hillary Clinton.

I did a thread on this topic a few weeks back.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ffic-jam-on-the-george-washington-bridge.html

Because he's one of the few republicans close to understanding reality? Rational in some areas...

What you fuckers want and what America is, is two very different things. Society is a private/public system that works very well...

You guys know there are potential criminal charges here? Right?

There have already been two resignations and there are sure more to come.

Christie's deputy chief of staff and campaign manager were directly involved and ...not only that -- the US Congress (Senate Committee) decided this past December to open an investigation -- on top of the New Jersey investigation.

"The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey’s move to shut down access lanes on the George Washington Bridge in September and the resulting controversy could spell political trouble for Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J., now that the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee has decided to investigate.

According to the New York Daily News, two of Christie’s appointees to the Port Authority ordered the shutdown of the lanes with no public notice for four days in September, later saying they were part of a traffic study. Democrats charged that it was political payback for the Democratic mayor of Fort Lee, N.J. – which was plagued by major traffic jams as a result – who refused to endorse Christie during his reelection campaign."

Senate committee to investigate Chris Christie bridge controversy - CBS News

Forum List

Back