‘Explosive documents’ connect Christie, bridge scandal

He covered his derriere with that statement. Now he will fire the senior staffer.
I don't think so. His top staff were obviously way involved and it shows poor management skills if people he picked were dishonest to him like that. Not to mention some of the horrible things they said. Those emails are pretty damaging.

Also, his "nothing to see here, move along" attitude about it -- on either side of it, will add 150 pounds to the weight around his ankles.

Well put

Whoever shut down those lanes was petty and vindictive. The GWB will back up for 2 hours if someone has a flat tire at one of those entrances and Christie closed down TWO?

The emails celebrating the traffic nightmare they created were embarrassing

As was Christies dismissive "Nothing to see here...this issue is over"

Christie will fire people and nobody will care in 2016. But he is revealing his nature that people in NJ have seen for ten years....it will come back to haunt him

If you read through the documents, someone posted that the traffic on I-95 broke up 45 minutes earlier than normal. Sounds like a traffic study to me.

Also noting alot of redacted information, and no real "chain" emails, so you dont see what the people are responding to, or the context of the conversations.

Typical Republican projection/deflection.

Can you say President Clinton?

Christie has cancelled his press conference for today and his staff are not taking calls

Now we get to see if Christie is a leader or not. Will he take a "buck stops here" approach or will he make his staff take the fall?

I don't think so. His top staff were obviously way involved and it shows poor management skills if people he picked were dishonest to him like that. Not to mention some of the horrible things they said. Those emails are pretty damaging.

Also, his "nothing to see here, move along" attitude about it -- on either side of it, will add 150 pounds to the weight around his ankles.

Well put

Whoever shut down those lanes was petty and vindictive. The GWB will back up for 2 hours if someone has a flat tire at one of those entrances and Christie closed down TWO?

Christie will fire people and nobody will care in 2016. But he is revealing his nature that people in NJ have seen for ten years....it will come back to haunt him

If you read through the documents, someone posted that the traffic on I-95 broke up 45 minutes earlier than normal. Sounds like a traffic study to me.

Also noting alot of redacted information, and no real "chain" emails, so you dont see what the people are responding to, or the context of the conversations.
:lol: Too funny.

Christie has cancelled his press conference for today and his staff are not taking calls

Now we get to see if Christie is a leader or not. Will he take a "buck stops here" approach or will he make his staff take the fall?
Anything that is politically expedient to Christie.

Hmm...I wonder which one it will be...:lmao:

Well put

Does that not sound like the analysis of the results of changing the toll lane setup?

Also, in studies one doesnt do something for just one day, and accept the results.

You want to hang christie, and thats fine, but so far there is no direct link to him ordering this, and alot of redacting on the emails/missing initial emails on the relased information.

Does that not sound like the analysis of the results of changing the toll lane setup?

Also, in studies one doesnt do something for just one day, and accept the results.

You want to hang christie, and thats fine, but so far there is no direct link to him ordering this, and alot of redacting on the emails/missing initial emails on the relased information.
Dude, there was no study.

You are way out of the loop on this.

Yesterday there were no emails, and look what appeared.

If there wasn't they seem to be replicating one. They were observing traffic closures due to the lane changes, thats in the email's released, along with alot of redacted information.

hes your asshole not ours

It is amazing how these assholes spin everything into something about Obama, isn't it?

If tomorrow there was a major announcement from the NIH that a cure for all cancer had been discovered, assholes like the OP would post: "Cure for Cancer Despite Obama Being President".

Yesterday there were no emails, and look what appeared.

If there wasn't they seem to be replicating one. They were observing traffic closures due to the lane changes, thats in the email's released, along with alot of redacted information.
Read this and get back to us:
Top Christie aide to Port Authority: 'Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee'

http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie_kelly_bridge_lane_closures_emails.html#sthash.erv1k3Sz.dpuf

So cynical. Obama's legacy was supposed to be so much more. :(

What does Christie have to do with Obama's legacy? :confused:

It's Obama supporters who favor Christie. Obama's thuggery has numbed them to thuggish behavior from others. Obama who was supposed to show how good government is has left us all more jaded. :(

You're probably also a big fan of the "Six Degrees to Kevin Bacon" bullshit, too.

Troll.

I didn't even know that Christie could play cards...

surprised he's able to hold them in his hands...

And so the little Goebbels of the left begin.....

Demagoguery - it is the ONLY thing the left has to offer.

Shades of Chicago thuggery:

Top Christie Staff Sought Lane Closings as Revenge

Using vital thoroughfares to lean on people for endorsements?

The emails indicate that Mr. Christie’s staff and his associates at the Port Authority were closely aware of the political context. Mr. Christie, a Republican, was leaning on local Democratic officials to endorse his re-election bid so that he could then seek his party’s presidential nominationby arguing that he was the candidate who could attract bipartisan support in a blue state.

Mr. Christie won re-election in November by 22 points, and instantly became a leading candidate for his party’s presidential nomination by winning across many demographic groups. His campaign boasted that he had been endorsed by more than 50 local Democratic officials.

But the documents released Wednesday underscore what Republicans as well as Democrats in New Jersey have long said about the governor: that he is a bully who wields fear and favor to get what he wants, and lashes out at even the smallest perceived slights.

During the campaign, as Mr. Christie and his associates leaned on Democratic local officials for endorsements, many mayors whispered that they feared the governor would withhold money or favor if they did not go along. Even Republican lawmakers who have supported Mr. Christie tell stories of being punished when he perceived them as not supporting him enough.

Projecting much? Dems do not like the man. They just use common sense in saying he was probably your best chance against Clinton. Run someone far right like Cruz. Dems would like nothing better.

"I've made it very clear to everybody on my senior staff that if anyone had any knowledge about this that they needed to come forward and tell me about it and they've all assured me that they don't," he said at that time.

He covered his derriere with that statement. Now he will fire the senior staffer.
You're probably right. But will that be a credible action, or will it simply add to the negative impression of him this scandal is creating? Or am I giving his fans too much credit for being able to see through his pose.

What I'm hoping for is this blossoms into a federal investigation and a Christie staffer gives him up rather than lie under oath.

images

I live in Jersey and I despise Christie for a number of reasons. I'm not surprised that he is popular in New Jersey, because most of the population in this state are politically unsophisticated. But I am amazed that this despotic porker has managed to delude so many others across the Nation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back