Trump: We'll be the party of healthcare

look fool. You're intentionally making yourself stupider. That is not my fault. There have been mult discussions, usually with G5000, concerning how ALL our healthcare is financed with deficit tax breaks for employers.

And the Old Wierd Guy KNOWS you're a sucker.

You don't even understand the question, not all that unusual.

I dismiss you.

are u soooo stupid that you fail to realize that the ONLY reason any of us who work for private industry have insurance is because employers get to pay for it with tax cuts?

No ones employers pay for it. Their customers do. It's just overhead they attach to their pricing. It is a HUGE amount though.
The last time I had company insurance, (before the ACA), I paid like $200 a month. The company still paid like $700 per month, just for my insurance. And about that for every employee they had.
Healthcare costs a LOT of money. And there's so much BS involved in it.

Like my knee surgery was hundreds of thousands of dollars (What was billed by the doctor and the hospital) Blue Cross only paid about $2K. I wished I still had a copy of that bill. Because it made me cringe that that the people that actually fixed my knee, didn't get but a very small fraction of the bill.

No ones employers pay for it. Their customers do. It's just overhead they attach to their pricing. It is a HUGE amount though.
The last time I had company insurance, (before the ACA), I paid like $200 a month. The company still paid like $700 per month, just for my insurance. And about that for every employee they had.

Like my knee surgery was hundreds of thousands of dollars (What was billed by the doctor and the hospital) Blue Cross only paid about $2K. I wished I still had a copy of that bill. Because it made me cringe that that the people that actually fixed my knee, didn't get but a very small fraction of the bill.
Insurance, and bizarre regulation, has turned the entire mess into a shell game.

Our employers get to "write off" from gross profits the amount of money they spend on buying healthcare insurance. That means that if their gross profit for 2024 is Five Dollars, and if they paid One Dollar for employer sponsored insurance, they only pay tax on Four Dollars. They further reduce their taxes with the usual depreciation on capital equipment, other wages, supplies .... etc.

The ESI tax expenditure was 300billion in 2020.

There are various arguments for and against. But the VAST amount of healthcare for middle class workers is paid by employer sponsored insurance. And as the above link discusses, the MORE a worker makes, the MORE the tax expenditure is worth to the employer

Forum List

Back