Exxon Mobil CEO: No fracking near my backyard

boilermaker55

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2011
Exxon Mobil CEO: No fracking near my backyard | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Exxon Mobil's CEO has joined a lawsuit to stop construction of a water tower near his home that would be used to in the fracking process to drill for oil.
Tillerson appeared at a Town Council meeting in Bartonville, Tex., the wealthy enclave near his Dallas home last November to join in the protest over the water tower, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Isn't this news!
The biggest hypocrite going with the concerns of fracking.
The rest of the country and suffer the meaning of hell on earth and put up with fracking in the other persons back yard. Why? It puts money in Chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson big coffers, but when it ruins my multimillion dollar estate. STOP doing it. And I mean now!
If he wins the lawsuit that could set a president for the other lawsuits and future lawsuits.
:clap2:
Corporate america at is finest.

Exxon Mobil's CEO has joined a lawsuit to stop construction of a water tower near his home that would be used to in the fracking process to drill for oil.
Tillerson appeared at a Town Council meeting in Bartonville, Tex., the wealthy enclave near his Dallas home last November to join in the protest over the water tower, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Isn't this news!
The rest of the country and suffer the meaning of hell on earth and put up with fracking in the other persons back yard. Why? It puts money in Chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson big coffers, but when it ruins my multimillion dollar estate. STOP doing it. And I mean now!
If he wins the lawsuit that could set a president for the other lawsuits and future lawsuits.

They should frack at will in Texas. Go for it!

My feelings exactly and hopefully the rest of the "country" sees the hypocrisy in tillersons company's philosophy towards fracking.

Isn't this news!

Isn't this news!

So what. You should have heard the outcry from the wacko Progressive environmentalists who didn't want a wind farm off Cape Cod to ruin their ocean views from their million dollar cottages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/weekinreview/13nimby.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It's the same thing you just cannot see the hypocrisy of this multinational corporation.
Fracking is a completely different situation than a wind farm. With pollution and contamination of the water shed in the immediate area..
Maybe this hypocrite should have the water from said areas pumped into his house.
When the man calls those that are against it are not smart enough to understand anything, and they are being mislead. Suddenly now if it is in his backyard things change and become the same.
He is hypocrite through and through.

Isn't this news!

So what. You should have heard the outcry from the wacko Progressive environmentalists who didn't want a wind farm off Cape Cod to ruin their ocean views from their million dollar cottages.

Isn't this news!

No shortage of hypocrisy. That's for sure.

It's the same thing you just cannot see the hypocrisy of this multinational corporation.
Fracking is a completely different situation than a wind farm. With pollution and contamination of the water shed in the immediate area..
Maybe this hypocrite should have the water from said areas pumped into his house.
When the man calls those that are against it are not smart enough to understand anything, and they are being mislead. Suddenly now if it is in his backyard things change and become the same.
He is hypocrite through and through.

Isn't this news!

Of course I can see the hypocrisy. I was pointing out that there is ample hypocrisy on both sides.

And then there's this in regards to fracking and drinking water

Evaluation of Geology and Water Well Data Associated with the EPA Hydraulic Fracturing Retrospective Case Study Bradford County, Pennsylvania | Chesapeake Energy

Get ready. I am going to make it easier for you. Bend over. Take two. Call me in the morning.

The Kennedys opposed a wind farm.

images

Last edited:
As a conservationist. And I really want to stress this point. Conservationist. For decades. I don't like how the environment is being politicized.

Makes my skin crawl. Politicians left and right were into carbon taxes from the get go. Not for the environment but a new levy they could lay on the people for more income for them.

Always follow the money.

Isn't this news!

We are....in the south texas brush. The average wage is 45 dollars an hour in the oil/nat gas industry down here.

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, the Lone Ranger disguised himself as a tree and Tonto hacked off his limb....

And dimocraps are still the lyingest cocksuckers the Earth has ever known....

Water tower suit involving Exxon’s CEO prompts a fracking fracas | Business | Dal...

The suit’s main contention is that the tower will be an eyesore and hurt the value of the million-dollar properties around it.

“This is not an anti-fracking lawsuit,”
Whitten said. “Nothing could be further from the truth.”

Lloyd Hanson, the controller of Cross Timbers Water Supply Corp., the target of the lawsuit, doesn’t disagree. The new water tower is needed to meet growing residential and commercial demand in the area, he said, but the company hasn’t sold water to energy companies since about 2009, and even then sales were was minimal. And trucks do not draw water directly from a tower site.

Hanson said he has repeated this explanation to more media outlets than he can count.

“We’ve had The Times in London, New York City, the Detroit Free Press,” he said, plus Houston and local media outlets. “They all want to know if this is being built for fracking. That’s not accurate,” Hanson said.

dimocraps lie. It's what they do

Isn't this news!

Is it just me or does "messing up our views" rank a few notches below "poisoning water"?

Isn't this news!

Is it just me or does "messing up our views" rank a few notches below "poisoning water"?

Same argument some on the left had against the wind farm.

In the case of the wind farm, I think they were pretty upfront about their hypocrisy. I thinks it's pretty funny how the Exxon guy tries to weasel.

Kool-Aid drinkers will find a reason to try to defend their favorite hypocrites. It's what always happens and is even more predictable than tomorrow's sunrise.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, the Lone Ranger disguised himself as a tree and Tonto hacked off his limb....

And dimocraps are still the lyingest cocksuckers the Earth has ever known....

Water tower suit involving Exxon’s CEO prompts a fracking fracas | Business | Dal...

The suit’s main contention is that the tower will be an eyesore and hurt the value of the million-dollar properties around it.

“This is not an anti-fracking lawsuit,”
Whitten said. “Nothing could be further from the truth.”

Lloyd Hanson, the controller of Cross Timbers Water Supply Corp., the target of the lawsuit, doesn’t disagree. The new water tower is needed to meet growing residential and commercial demand in the area, he said, but the company hasn’t sold water to energy companies since about 2009, and even then sales were was minimal. And trucks do not draw water directly from a tower site.

Hanson said he has repeated this explanation to more media outlets than he can count.

“We’ve had The Times in London, New York City, the Detroit Free Press,” he said, plus Houston and local media outlets. “They all want to know if this is being built for fracking. That’s not accurate,” Hanson said.

dimocraps lie. It's what they do

The astonishing point is that such a ludicrous story actually got the attention of The Times in London, NYC, Houston.......HOUSTON!!! I expect the hopelessly ignorant from London and NYC to question whether or not a water tower is built for fraccing, but they should know better in Houston.

Isn't this news!

Just like good old Ted Kennedy,not in my back yard wind mills.

Everyone wants their gas as long as they don't see where it comes from.

And Fracking is not bringing hell on earth,but nice try with the hysteria.

Isn't this news!

We can buy bottled water or filtration systems.

Isn't this news!

There has been no finding by the EPA that fracking "poisons" water.

You can't cite a documentary like Gaslands as proof.

While living in Houston in the 70's it was discovered that a huge underground pool of oil extended under River Oaks, the place where the richest people in Houston lived at the time. It was determined that oil wells could be drilled there by the mineral right owners of the property. Several Oil Execs lived in River Oaks at the time and they said, "There will only be wells drilled in River Oaks after I run out of money to pay lawyers. I've head no more about drilling in River Oaks since.

What I get out of the OP is that the CEO objects to the ugly water tower, not the fracking.

Maybe you should try following the trail of what takes place after.....they built this huge water tower around fracking.
It take a large amount of water to do fracking.
Little knowledge to know what takes place might do a great deal to help what is going on.

While living in Houston in the 70's it was discovered that a huge underground pool of oil extended under River Oaks, the place where the richest people in Houston lived at the time. It was determined that oil wells could be drilled there by the mineral right owners of the property. Several Oil Execs lived in River Oaks at the time and they said, "There will only be wells drilled in River Oaks after I run out of money to pay lawyers. I've head no more about drilling in River Oaks since.

What I get out of the OP is that the CEO objects to the ugly water tower, not the fracking.

Forum List

Back