Fahrenheit 451: Modern day fascists engage in book burning

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This is the type of thing that has always outraged me.

Simple fact, only fascist burn books.
Book-Burning.jpg

Yes, I fully support their right to do so, I just think that people who claim to be intellectuals should not get the same slack I give people like Terry. I also fully support my right to point out that they are actually worse than he is because they are educated and understand the symbolism of intellectual censorship a lot better than he does.

Environmentalist Professors Engage In Book Burning

Bradbury was against Fascists like McCarthy.
>
Bradbury stated that he wrote Fahrenheit 451 because of his concerns at the time (during the McCarthy era) about censorship and the threat of book burning in the United States. In later years, he stated his motivation for writing the book in more general terms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_451

Last edited:
Call in the Firemen!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM]Talking Heads "Burning Down the House" - YouTube[/ame]

They're so open minded, what bullshit.
I just find it funny that they are causing pollution.....liberal hypocrisy and stupidity again!!!!!!!!!!

This is the type of thing that has always outraged me.

Simple fact, only fascist burn books.
Book-Burning.jpg

Yes, I fully support their right to do so, I just think that people who claim to be intellectuals should not get the same slack I give people like Terry. I also fully support my right to point out that they are actually worse than he is because they are educated and understand the symbolism of intellectual censorship a lot better than he does.

Environmentalist Professors Engage In Book Burning

The people should decide whether or not the information is bad; this is a horrible example to set.

Personally, I'm a guy who believes a portion of the warming is man-made, but I'm open to at least listening to all ideas and research pages (because obviously it may be proven down the road that we may be incorrect on some or all findings).

Information suppression is completely against America's founding principles. These professors should be ashamed!

Forum List

Back