Fall of Rome vs. Fall of USA

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
This maybe my most brilliant post like EVER. I should write a book on this matter.

Very similar situation in some major regards

USA being flooded by 4th world peasants
Rome was flooded by Germanic Barbarians

Both USA and Rome utterly Bankrupted

Both USA and Rome destroyed by corruption and horrible leadership

Both USA and Rome HAD internal civil wars even through Americas did not result in Blood.

Both USA and Rome failed to address the BORDERS !!!!!!!!!
USA letting tens of millions flood in the name of DIVERSITY
Rome could not stop them due to a weaken Army

Finally
Both Armies destroyed

Rome- destroyed by incoprating Germanic tribes into Army which was a disaster in unity
USA destroyed by incorporating transgender and wokism

PLEASE do not copy my book idea or I will get you

This maybe my most brilliant post like EVER. I should write a book on this matter.

Both USA and Rome HAD internal civil wars even through Americas did not result in Blood.

Finally
Both Armies destroyed

Rome- destroyed by incoprating Germanic tribes into Army which was a disaster in unity

OIP.cC1vL7mXaMvPLow-DmGetQHaFj

Finally
Both Armies destroyed

Did you really think you are the only one to notice? Like Really!

REALLY

Did you really think you are the only one to notice? Like Really!

REALLY

Rome lasted a lot longer than the U.S. will. The Eastern half lasted until the 15th Century.

I admire your enthusiasm and even your otherwise unfounded self admiration , OP . But really . I do better than that on a daily basis -- The Game is called Dot Connection and it can be played at many levels depending on IQ and Sources .

Yes, Quasar44 is showing off his ignorance. It’s almost as if he is making a joke of himself … or just a joke in general.

The similarities and differences between the rise and fall of free / slave / Republican & Imperial Rome and the rise of the British colony in North America to its “American Century” domination of the world and present problems … are not worth discussing on a board like this.

But I appreciate the 4 different articles highlighting different aspects of this comparison, and making different political points. I congratulate EvilCat Breath for linking to them — though I doubt he actually read them all.

I’m sorry the first Atlantic article is mostly behind a pay wall, as I suspect it would have been the most enlightening … or perhaps just the most culturally interesting.

Any educated writer can pick and choose and make some good (or absurd) comparisons to highlight their own political views when delving into such different societies at different stages of development, and the three following articles published by authors writing for periodicals as different as Politico and the conservative libertarian Foundation for Economic Education certainly show this phenomenon.

Similarities between Rome and the “American Republic / Empire” there certainly are. But it is all too easy even for honest historians to unconsciously bend history to suit one’s prejudices or even mood, to mistake superficial similarities for profound ones — that is assuming one knows anything at all about history in the first place, and actually is looking for enlightenment in studying it.

Last edited:
Judging from this board and the Repubicants here, we have far more whiny bitches than Rome ever did.
You are in debt 100K because of wars, foreign aid, lazy people and paying foreigners pensions. Our border is a fucking mess. The most popular cities in the country are declaring national emergencies. We have people shitting in the streets, and the local governments laughing about it.
Yeah, nothing to bitch about, right?
Dumbass

or even gibbon, or seutonius.

Quasar44 a better book would compare trump to caligula or nero and the inevitable result of allowing a degenerate to rule with his penis.
Trump is a Saint compared to the lawlessness and corruption growing under the fuckwad Biden crime family.

Attachments

• Clipped_image_20230809_183317.png
    Clipped_image_20230809_183317.png
    781.8 KB · Views: 7
I think the situation in our United States right now is a better match with the lead up to the Spanish Civil War in the 1930's. I believe if you read up on that subject you will likely agree.
The scary thing is, that event led to the Spanish people living under fascism for over 40 years.
Don't say it can't happen here, because it can....it is.

Forum List

Back