Families of Drone Strike Victims in Yemen File Suit in Washington

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
If you were driving a car and you saw your sworn enemy and ran your car over him killing him and 10 bystanders how do you say that killing the 10 was inadvertent? Maybe you really didn't want to kill them but your actions certainly did. So when we blow up buildings how do we say we inadvertently killed anyone, killing is what we are doing?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/09/w...ms-in-yemen-file-suit-in-washington.html?_r=0.

WASHINGTON — The families of an anti-Qaeda cleric and a police officer killed in an American drone strike in Yemen filed suit in federal court in Washington on Sunday night, asking the court to declare that the strike was unlawful.

The lawsuit, which seeks no monetary damages, is described by the complainants as an attempt to break through the secrecy surrounding drone strikes and to have the court impose some public accountability for mistakes made in the program.

It cites President Obama’s decision in April to publicly disclose that a separate American strike, on a Qaeda compound in Pakistan, had inadvertently killed two Western hostages, an American and an Italian.

All the more reason to not be involved over there. We're lucky those people are just suing, and haven't become anti-American terrorists. I wonder how many have tried to sue for our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

All the more reason to not be involved over there. We're lucky those people are just suing, and haven't become anti-American terrorists. I wonder how many have tried to sue for our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One difference, Yemen is an ally. Shaky but an ally none the less.

From our point of view, such modern-day collateral damage is acceptable. At least we aren't carpet-bombing like in WWII, or Nam.

Whiney-assed bitches.

There was a time in the Clinton era that collateral damage from drones was a war crime.

This was also true under the Bush years, but under Obama is does not matter.

See how the far left is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

Can't say I give a shit about collateral damage in the ME. Especially when Muslims are beheading and killing people left and right.

Wonder how many of those killed were dancing in the streets on 9-11??

Ain't no innocent Muslims in my book. Hell. I'd nuke the entire place if I could.

Can't say I give a shit about collateral damage in the ME. Especially when Muslims are beheading and killing people left and right.

Ain't no innocent Muslims in my book. Hell. I'd nuke the entire place if I could.

Ahhh, the article says there were American captives killed, does that make a difference?

Ahhh, the article says there were American captives killed, does that make a difference?

Nope.

Any idiot Americans who are in the middle east are taking a chance on getting killed. They can get killed anywhere in the middle east.

If they are civilians they should stay the hell home.

I don't waste sympathy on idiots.

Forum List

Back