Family awarded 85 million in San Diego over the cops killing a mentally ill man.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
This story has it all. Someone calling for help but gets attacked instead. A cop not held accountable that ends up costing the taxpayers 4 more million over sexual assaults. Lastly, a force that still doesn't seem to want to accept any accountability.

A disgraced former Sheriff’s deputy is part of a federal civil verdict against the County of San Diego that has awarded the family of a Santee man $85 million.

Lucky Phounsy, 32, died after a confrontation involving San Diego Sheriff’s Department deputies in April 2015.

Among the six deputies the eight-person jury found negligent was former San Diego deputy Richard Fischer, who is currently in jail after pleading guilty in 2019 to assaulting women while on duty.

Family Awarded $85M After Santee Man's Deadly 2015 Confrontation With San Diego Deputies

^^^ Sadly certain people believe that cops doing their jobs only get in the way of them living their lives the way that they want to live them. In other words, the only regard that they may ever have in their own lives is their own selves.

God bless you and our men and women and animals in uniform always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder if police dogs are hated too.

Just what would a cop have to do for you to not defend him? Protection rackets? Murder for hire? Selling children into slavery?
I am not a criminal who passes counterfeit money, or a Billy Badass cigar thief, or a deadbeat dad who beats up his girlfriends baby momma with arrest warrants following me around

nor do I suffer from the Black Brain Disease

so if I get stopped for a broken taillight I just sign the ticket and go on my way

black people could do the same but fail to do so

Easy for armchair cops who think CSI is real to second guess the real world where nut cases outnumber the sane in Ca. cities. In 2021 a record 346 Police Officers were shot and 63 died in the line of duty to insure your 1st Amendment right to hate and ridicule them.

I am not a criminal who passes counterfeit money, or a Billy Badass cigar thief, or a deadbeat dad who beats up his girlfriends baby momma with arrest warrants following me around

nor do I suffer from the Black Brain Disease

so if I get stopped for a broken taillight I just sign the ticket and go on my way

black people could do the same but fail to do so
Wow...it's almost like that has NOTHING to do with what I posted.

Look, I get it: you WORSHIP police-with religious fervor-and believe-again, with religious fervor-that they can do no wrong. You believe that being raped by a cop was my wife's fault.

Wow...it's almost like that has NOTHING to do with what I posted.

Look, I get it: you WORSHIP police-with religious fervor-and believe-again, with religious fervor-that they can do no wrong. You believe that being raped by a cop was my wife's fault.
You are getting hysterical

I dont fear the police because I obey tje law and dont act crazy when the cops stop me

This story has it all. Someone calling for help but gets attacked instead. A cop not held accountable that ends up costing the taxpayers 4 more million over sexual assaults. Lastly, a force that still doesn't seem to want to accept any accountability.

A disgraced former Sheriff’s deputy is part of a federal civil verdict against the County of San Diego that has awarded the family of a Santee man $85 million.

Lucky Phounsy, 32, died after a confrontation involving San Diego Sheriff’s Department deputies in April 2015.

Among the six deputies the eight-person jury found negligent was former San Diego deputy Richard Fischer, who is currently in jail after pleading guilty in 2019 to assaulting women while on duty.

Family Awarded $85M After Santee Man's Deadly 2015 Confrontation With San Diego Deputies

Lucky wasn't lucky at all, but his family won the Law Enforcement Lottery.

That kind of habitual behavior by the Deputy sends a clearer message.
San Diego County needs a new Sheriff after the next election ...
And probably needs to clean out a few of the rotten apples as well.

Last edited:
Easy for armchair cops who think CSI is real ...

Shoot ... The more you look into the story, the more evident it becomes that the whole thing was a cluster of garbage.
Without attempts to suggest the deputy was not in fault ...

The drugs Lucky took before the deputies ever got there were part of the problem.
The paramedics could have very well killed Lucky trying to sedate him on the way to the hospital.
They didn't him report him dying in transport minutes before arriving.
The Hospital resuscitated him before he suffered cardiopulmonary arrest two days later.

It's almost like everything was trying to kill ... Lucky.

.​

I remember that one.

Forum List

Back