Famous Last Words ........ ( atheists on their death bed )

This thread is about eternity. These are the famous last words of atheists as they were dying and about to enter hell. Quite horrific but hopefully it will make some people realize that even these men knew the the truth and confessed it in their final moments on earth. As someone once said, "Hell is truth seen too late.

Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying - Religion - Nairaland

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness."

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!"

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

"I drank what?" - Socrates :)

"It still moves!" - Gallileo :)

"Alas, I think that I am becoming a God" -- Vespasian

"Alas, I was wrong and it is too late for me now!"
-- Vespasian suffering in the flames of hell
If god didn't want Vespasian in hell, he wouldn't have been there. God enjoys punishing people.

This thread is about eternity. These are the famous last words of atheists as they were dying and about to enter hell. Quite horrific but hopefully it will make some people realize that even these men knew the the truth and confessed it in their final moments on earth. As someone once said, "Hell is truth seen too late.

Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying - Religion - Nairaland

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me! …No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness."

Robert Ingersoll: "O God, if there be a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!" (Some say it was this way: "Oh God, if there be a God, save my soul if I have a soul, from hell, if there be a hell!"

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

"I drank what?" - Socrates :)

"It still moves!" - Gallileo :)

"Alas, I think that I am becoming a God" -- Vespasian

"Alas, I was wrong and it is too late for me now!"
-- Vespasian suffering in the flames of hell

Vespasian was laughing at himself on his deathbed. He was also poking fun at religion which in his day created deities out of rulers when they died which is no different to today's fantasy that you either end up in heaven or hell.

When you arrived on this planet as a helpless newborn you had no knowledge of this world and what it was going to take to survive. It was your parents, teachers, librarians, professors, bosses, spouse(s), etc who taught you what you know today.

If there is a next life what makes you imagine that it is going to be any different? Did you have any knowledge of any prior life when you were a newborn? Why should it be any different if there is a next life? What would knowing how to return a library book help if your next life is on a dark gas giant planet and your lifeform is a floating blob with no appendages or ocular functions?

If there is a next life it might be more or less interesting that this one but this is the one I have right now and I intend to make the most of it without wasting any of it on things that I have absolutely zero control over.

I'll be praying and worshiping God my last day here, just as I am praying and worshiping my God every day! The best is yet to come for those who have placed their trust in Jesus Christ! Yes! The best is yet to come!

When Christians die, they say

Oh shit.....what did I waste my life on?

When I die I will say, I would not have missed one single second of it for the world, Jesus! (meaning the time I've spent preaching the Gospel wherever - including here) I could have done many things but I chose the better thing. Winning souls, R.W. and before it is over? I'm going to see you won to the LORD! So get ready! Because it is going to happen!

When I die I will say, I would not have missed one single second of it for the world, Jesus! (meaning the time I've spent preaching the Gospel wherever - including here) I could have done many things but I chose the better thing. Winning souls, R.W. and before it is over? I'm going to see you won to the LORD! So get ready! Because it is going to happen!

Your last words.......oh shit, all this was just bullshit

I pray your last words are not, Oh no! Jeri was right! She was right! I pray to God that is not your last words!

You know why you say this don't you? Because if I'm wrong, you've lost nothing and have nothing to fear. Then again if I'm wrong I've lost nothing either as I have lived my life to the glory of God and for Him. I wouldn't change that decision even if God didn't exist. But He does! And with that, you also have to consider that if I am right and you are wrong?

Then you've lost everything including your own soul and will spend eternity in hell whereas I will gain Christ, heaven and eternity with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You are hoping against hope that I am wrong because if I'm right you already know you are in big trouble. How do you know? Your conscience is getting the best of you. I'm praying for you. I'm going to win your soul for the kingdom of heaven. You should know that. I am most definitely going to give it my all. For God's glory! He deserves all the glory because He is God! He alone is God!

There are no atheists in foxholes

A feeble attempt by the religious to assume atheists cannot accept death. Yet millions do
I used to work with at risk youth. And they would say that they felt like committing suicide.
I always replied," well if that's the choice you make we/I can't bring you back."

You know why you say this don't you? Because if I'm wrong, you've lost nothing and have nothing to fear. Then again if I'm wrong I've lost nothing either as I have lived my life to the glory of God and for Him. I wouldn't change that decision even if God didn't exist. But He does! And with that, you also have to consider that if I am right and you are wrong?

Then you've lost everything including your own soul and will spend eternity in hell whereas I will gain Christ, heaven and eternity with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You are hoping against hope that I am wrong because if I'm right you already know you are in big trouble. How do you know? Your conscience is getting the best of you. I'm praying for you. I'm going to win your soul for the kingdom of heaven. You should know that. I am most definitely going to give it my all. For God's glory! He deserves all the glory because He is God! He alone is God!
You will realize you wasted your life on silly fantasies

Why did I spread so much hatred trying to please an imaginary God?

Giving people the truth is not hatred, Rightwinger. It is what we call Calvary love. For those who prefer the darkness? Of course they hate the light (which is what truth brings). It exposes what they are into as wrong and they do not want to know the consequences of sin (eternal separation from God). Why do they not want to know the consequences? It diminishes the pleasure of sin here and now. Still? There are consequences. Everything in the universe reveals to us this truth. How you live your life here will determine where you spend eternity. If you are not happy about where you are going to spend eternity than turn around and come to Jesus now. But do not deny reality because not believing there is a hell does not negate the fact that hell is real and there are people going there every single day.

What will your last words be on that day? Have you thought about it? Eternal matters are of far more importance than temporal matters. Do not put off the question of your salvation and obedience to Jesus Christ!

.......without holiness no shall see the LORD.

really?......do you think a Christian life is wasted?......how fucking sad.....
I am no longer 100% against religion. Now I'm just 95% against it. I can see it clearly provides comfort to people.

For me it isn't necessary. And no matter how much I want to believe in heaven, I can't. The more I think the less I believe. Even when I'm at my most vulnerable I can't get myself to believe.

But I see why people do.

I am no longer 100% against religion. Now I'm just 95% against it. I can see it clearly provides comfort to people.

For me it isn't necessary. And no matter how much I want to believe in heaven, I can't. The more I think the less I believe. Even when I'm at my most vulnerable I can't get myself to believe.

But I see why people do.

I notice you said the more you think the less you believe. That is understandable because the carnal mind is at enmity with God, Sealy. See Romans 8:7 (KJV). It is with your heart that you believe (see Romans 10:10). It is by hearing the Word of God and mixing it with faith that the Gospel of Jesus Christ shall profit your soul.

It is written:

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Hebrews 4:2

God's desire for you is that His Word give you comfort (not just others). Jesus said,

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matthew 11:29

The Lord loves you, Sealy.

But I see why people do.

I notice you said the more you think the less you believe. That is understandable because the carnal mind is at enmity with God, Sealy. See Romans 8:7 (KJV). It is with your heart that you believe (see Romans 10:10). It is by hearing the Word of God and mixing it with faith that the Gospel of Jesus Christ shall profit your soul.

It is written:

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

God's desire for you is that His Word give you comfort (not just others). Jesus said,

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Why do you suppose the mind is against the idea of a God it has never seen?

Actually I disagree. I see people who don't believe any religions but still believe in God. They say"how can all this have been created by itself". So it's very easy for people to believe.

Your Lord does not love me unconditionally. I have to believe the unbelievable to earn it's love. Otherwise I burn in hell for all eternity. Something I wouldn't even do to my worst enemy.

Why did God create me with a carnal mind?

But I see why people do.

It is written:

Actually I disagree. I see people who don't believe any religions but still believe in God. They say"how can all this have been created by itself". So it's very easy for people to believe.

Your Lord does not love me unconditionally. I have to believe the unbelievable to earn it's love. Otherwise I burn in hell for all eternity. Something I wouldn't even do to my worst enemy.

We were all born into this world with carnal minds, Sealy. That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (see John 3:6) Ye must be born again. (See John 3:16) What does this Scripture mean to you when you read it?

Romans 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

speaking of the carnal mind, read this:

Romans 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

But I see why people do.

It is written:

We were all born into this world with carnal minds, Sealy. That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (see John 3:6) Ye must be born again. (See John 3:16) What does this Scripture mean to you when you read it?

Romans 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

speaking of the carnal mind, read this:

Romans 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
Cult mumbo jumbo

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Sealy, whosoever means whosoever! That would include you.

Forum List

Back