Famous Last Words ........ ( atheists on their death bed )

Sealy honey, If being good was the prerequisite to entering heaven, how much good do you have to perform to equal out the bad you have committed? If God can't even look upon 1 sin, why do you think He grades your performance on a curve? One sin has the potential to keep you from your Father. Why cling to it when Christ offered you a sin free substitution?

Your good works fall short compared to Christ's work. You were purchased at an enormous price. It is Christ's work on the cross that cleanses a sinner, not his own work. I guarantee you, that if your record was good enough, Christ would have never have died on that cross. He is the bridge that leads home.
Why wait until your last breath to wonder if your opinion of heaven and hell was the correct one? The stark reality you will face is, what if I was wrong all this time.......

2 Corinthians 10 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

Context
Paul Defends his Ministry
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,…

Sealy honey, If being good was the prerequisite to entering heaven, how much good do you have to perform to equal out the bad you have committed? If God can't even look upon 1 sin, why do you think He grades your performance on a curve? One sin has the potential to keep you from your Father. Why cling to it when Christ offered you a sin free substitution?

Your good works fall short compared to Christ's work. You were purchased at an enormous price. It is Christ's work on the cross that cleanses a sinner, not his own work. I guarantee you, that if your record was good enough, Christ would have never have died on that cross. He is the bridge that leads home.
Why wait until your last breath to wonder if your opinion of heaven and hell was the correct one? The stark reality you will face is, what if I was wrong all this time.......

Well said. Also worth considering is that one can reach a point at which he/she is not able to turn back to the Lord because his heart will not let him return, as stated in Heb. 10:26-31, 32, 35-36:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God...
But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions...
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

The opportunity to turn to the Lord is NOW since God does not promise us another day, and those trying to find God on their deathbeds typically do not succeed (just read the quotes above).

A person can receive the hope of salvation by obeying what Jesus and the apostles taught in the New Testament. Without warning, one day Jesus will appear to bring judgment to all those who did not submit themselves to him in baptism and obedience to his teachings to enter the safety of the church of Christ:

"...when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power." 2 Thess. 1:7-10

God bless those who seek the narrow and difficult way (see Matt. 7:13-27).
Jason

Well said. Also worth considering is that one can reach a point at which he/she is not able to turn back to the Lord because his heart will not let him return, as stated in Heb. 10:26-31, 32, 35-36:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God...
But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions...
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

The opportunity to turn to the Lord is NOW since God does not promise us another day, and those trying to find God on their deathbeds typically do not succeed (just read the quotes above).

A person can receive the hope of salvation by obeying what Jesus and the apostles taught in the New Testament. Without warning, one day Jesus will appear to bring judgment to all those who did not submit themselves to him in baptism and obedience to his teachings to enter the safety of the church of Christ:

"...when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power." 2 Thess. 1:7-10

God bless those who seek the narrow and difficult way (see Matt. 7:13-27).
Jason

Amen! Welcome to USMB, Jason!

Many death bed conversions, particularly of celebrities, are fabrications and are examples of lying for Jesus

• Charles Darwin - Many tracts and sermons have included a story of Charles Darwin's deathbed conversion, but there is no evidence to support this. The "Lady Hope" story, in which a well-meaning woman is asked to sit in with the ailing Darwin during his last days, was published in a Baptist newspaper in 1915. Darwin's family denied the story.
  • Carl Sagan - "Contrary to the fantasies of the fundamentalists, there was no deathbed conversion, no last minute refuge taken in a comforting vision of a heaven or an afterlife. For Carl, what mattered most was what was true, not merely what would make us feel better. Even at this moment when anyone would be forgiven for turning away from the reality of our situation, Carl was unflinching. As we looked deeply into each other's eyes, it was with a shared conviction that our wondrous life together was ending forever." - Ann Druyan, Epilogue to Billions and Billions: Thoughts on Life and Death at the Brink of the Millennium
  • Thomas Paine was hounded by Christians for a death bed conversion. He had to take precautions to not be left alone in case he died suddenly and someone could fabricate his conversion to Christianity. After his death, various false stories were invented that claimed he did convert.

Deathbed conversion - Iron Chariots Wiki

How comical it is to watch fundamentalists wallow in their sanctimonious delusions.

How comical it is to watch fundamentalists wallow in their sanctimonious delusions.

Without holiness no one will see the Lord. That is not a delusion. That is the truth and hell is a very real place, Ozman. Those who are there would give anything to have the opportunity that you have right now. To repent of your sins, to purpose in your heart to turn from those sins forever and to follow Jesus Christ and obey His Word. The road to heaven is not wide. It is narrow. Very narrow. You are not only going to be held accountable for what you do and what you say, OZman. You are going to be accountable for your ways. For what you think about. For what is in your heart. The answer to your fallen state is to surrender yourself completely to the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as your Lord and Savior. To purpose in your heart to follow Him all the days of your life. Jesus is able to deliver you, to give you a new heart that desires right things and to live a life that is pleasing to Him.

Can you answer this question? If you were to die tonight in your sleep, where would you be? Heaven or hell? Ignoring the reality of hell does not change the fact that it is there and that you will be going there if you do not surrender your life completely to Jesus.

Last edited:
Sir Thomas Scott: "Until this moment, I thought there was neither God nor hell; now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty!"

The same type testimonies / almost the same words over and over again throughout history and yet there are still those who will insist that these atheists did not know they were headed to hell on their death beds!

Consider the testimony of Sir Francis Newport here:

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell! …Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

Yes in hell the atheist will despise all those who coddled him, lulled him to a false security while alive. They will lament with much sorrow and grief not having listened to those who urged them, begged them even to come to Jesus Christ, to repent of their sins and to live for Christ! In that day the atheists here will not be cursing my name but rather the names of those here on USMB who pretend to be their friends now and tell them that they are fine when they are not!

Last edited:
George Lincoln Rockwell, founder of american neo-nazi movement, upon being shot as he was leaving a laundromat, and lay dying on the sidewalk:

"I forgot my bleach".

George Lincoln Rockwell, founder of american neo-nazi movement, upon being shot as he was leaving a laundromat, and lay dying on the sidewalk:

"I forgot my bleach".
I can assure you he isn't worried about his bleach in hell. If only he could tell you what hell is like, Vandal. If only he could warn you that hell is real and that there is only eternal torment and suffering in hell. No rewards. No co-worker with Satan positions,no gods or goddesses, none of that. It is hell. With no exits.

Someone once said that the National Anthem in hell is, "I did it my way". I do not know if hell has a national anthem but if ever there were a way to end up in hell that would certainly be the common denominator. Doing it your own way rather than God's way.

You know, someone new to the board found this thread and replied to it which is how it got bumped up here. This discussion was from 2014 and I do recall walking away from it at the time as the people discussing it were determined not to listen.

Now here we are again!

I do not believe this thread was bumped up by accident. I believe it was the will of God for it to be revisited because God is wanting to speak to some hearts tonight. So if you feel the LORD is dealing with you? That He has been dealing with you and you have been resisting Him? You need to stop whatever it is you are doing and surrender your life to him fully right now. Tomorrow is no guarantee. Today is the day of Salvation. Not tomorrow. Today.

Many drunk drivers
" I'm not so think as you drunk I am."

I'm not sure what you are getting at, UllysesS. I have not seen you online for some time. How are you? Are you feeling better?
I'm feeling much better thank you Jeremiah. I'm working far to much, but enjoying my life, and spending most of my spare time, right now, building a swingset for my grandkids. Hope to have it done in time for Christmas.

Many drunk drivers
" I'm not so think as you drunk I am."

I'm not sure what you are getting at, UllysesS. I have not seen you online for some time. How are you? Are you feeling better?
I'm feeling much better thank you Jeremiah. I'm working far to much, but enjoying my life, and spending most of my spare time, right now, building a swingset for my grandkids. Hope to have it done in time for Christmas.
I believe that was an answer to prayer, UllysseS. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better! That is wonderful news! Enjoy building the swingset! It sounds like a wonderful project! I'm sure your grandkids will love it!

Can you answer this question? If you were to die tonight in your sleep, where would you be? Heaven or hell? Ignoring the reality of hell does not change the fact that it is there and that you will be going there if you do not surrender your life completely to Jesus.

I do not ascribe to any religious doctrine as they are all man made myths, therefore their version of hell is irrelevant to me.

I specifically do not intend to worship a fabricated Roman blood sacrifice.

Human sacrifice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back