🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fan Meet S**t

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
Top FBI officials were 'quite worried' Comey would appear to be blackmailing Trump

Senior FBI officials were concerned then director James Comey would appear to be blackmailing then President-elect Trump – using tactics notoriously associated with J.Edgar Hoover – when he attended a fateful Jan. 6, 2017, meeting at which he informed the real estate magnate about allegations he had consorted with prostitutes in Moscow, according to Jim Baker, the bureau’s chief counsel at the time.

“We were quite worried about the Hoover analogies, and we were determined not to have such a disaster happen on our watch,” said Jim Baker, then the FBI’s top lawyer...

Let the circular firing squad begin!

They are now shooting their own to save their own skins...

If the level of animist that is being displayed here is any indication of what is coming, its going to be very bad for the democrats in the failed coup attempt..

upload_2019-5-15_21-25-50.jpeg

Let the circular firing squad begin! They are now shooting their own to save their own skins... If the level of animist that is being displayed here is any indication of what is coming, its going to be very bad for the democrats in the failed coup attempt..

View attachment 261103
But great for America and for political observers, a 3-ring circus! :popcorn:

There are a couple problems. But before I begin, let me say it was in fact outrageous that this nonsense happened. Now, let me outline the problems.

First, this is not a one off event. This sort of thing happens every single day. LEO’s at every level do it all the time. City, County, State, and Federal cops lie regularly to justify their actions. They console themselves that they have to cheat to get the bad guys. A drug dog that “keys” to a vehicle to justify a search. Ignoring the rules and limits regularly to insure that the bad guy doesn’t get away with whatever crime is imagined.

Second. The penalties. There really aren’t any. Granted Perjury, Conspiracy, and abuse of office all seem like serious crimes, but as I pointed out above, they’re done every single day by the cops in this country. Normally the right cheers these sorts of things, to get the bad guys it’s worth it. Now, when the Right is the target, then it is a problem.

The Penalties won’t be enforced, they never are. The cops who do this and get caught at most get a slap on the wrist. It is very rare that one will lose their jobs over it, and even more unlikely that they’ll face any criminal charges, much less prison for it.

Think about this situation where the FBI lied their asses off to get the Warrant on Trump the next time you hear that a cop planted evidence. Because it is just as wrong if the cop is doing it to some idiot on the side of the road, as it is to do it to the President Elect.

There are a couple problems. But before I begin, let me say it was in fact outrageous that this nonsense happened. Now, let me outline the problems.

First, this is not a one off event. This sort of thing happens every single day. LEO’s at every level do it all the time. City, County, State, and Federal cops lie regularly to justify their actions. They console themselves that they have to cheat to get the bad guys. A drug dog that “keys” to a vehicle to justify a search. Ignoring the rules and limits regularly to insure that the bad guy doesn’t get away with whatever crime is imagined.

Second. The penalties. There really aren’t any. Granted Perjury, Conspiracy, and abuse of office all seem like serious crimes, but as I pointed out above, they’re done every single day by the cops in this country. Normally the right cheers these sorts of things, to get the bad guys it’s worth it. Now, when the Right is the target, then it is a problem.

The Penalties won’t be enforced, they never are. The cops who do this and get caught at most get a slap on the wrist. It is very rare that one will lose their jobs over it, and even more unlikely that they’ll face any criminal charges, much less prison for it.

Think about this situation where the FBI lied their asses off to get the Warrant on Trump the next time you hear that a cop planted evidence. Because it is just as wrong if the cop is doing it to some idiot on the side of the road, as it is to do it to the President Elect.
IYO What should happen to those police officers?

At the very least, they should lose their jobs, and the ability to act as police ever again. Yes, even for the very first time they did it. Loss of everything. Pensions, the whole nine yards. At the very least.

Let’s be honest for a moment. Juries tend to believe the cops, because they believe the cops are good and honest. So we grant them additional authority, and additional weight to their testimony. Even when we shouldn’t. With greater authority, must come greater responsibility. Responsibility and Authority must be equal. You can’t hold someone responsible who did not have the authority to take the action. It would be like you getting fired for not unlocking the store in the morning, when you never had the keys. The opposite is just as true. The one with the authority must be held responsible.

It is said that power corrupts. The check to that corruption must be a vigorous and unrelenting determination to hold those with the power responsible.

At the very least, they should lose their jobs, and the ability to act as police ever again. Yes, even for the very first time they did it. Loss of everything. Pensions, the whole nine yards. At the very least.

and what do you feel should happen to those you claim did the same thing as those police officers?

Let’s be honest for a moment. Juries tend to believe the cops, because they believe the cops are good and honest. So we grant them additional authority, and additional weight to their testimony. Even when we shouldn’t. With greater authority, must come greater responsibility. Responsibility and Authority must be equal. You can’t hold someone responsible who did not have the authority to take the action. It would be like you getting fired for not unlocking the store in the morning, when you never had the keys. The opposite is just as true. The one with the authority must be held responsible.

lets hope then that those who held authority in this FISA mess will be held responsible OK

It is said that power corrupts. The check to that corruption must be a vigorous and unrelenting determination to hold those with the power responsible.
You sound just like Hannity and trump now

and what do you feel should happen to those you claim did the same thing as those police officers?

lets hope then that those who held authority in this FISA mess will be held responsible OK

You sound just like Hannity and trump now

In 2015, I posted on a site called Discussionist. Here is the thread I posted about how to reduce or nearly eliminate Police Misconduct.

First steps to reforming the police. - Discussionist

I called for Polygraph testing of cops to find out what they knew. I called on Body Cameras, and I called on use of force investigations based on Aircraft Incident Investigations. I did not call on cops who failed the polygraph to be prosecuted. I did say that they would be departing without their badge and gun however.

I think that Hannity and Trump, and now starting to sound like me. Holding those with authority responsible.

You think it might be worthwhile to find out what really happened before you determine the sentence, or do you consider a right wing accusation to be enough evidence?

You think it might be worthwhile to find out what really happened before you determine the sentence, or do you consider a right wing accusation to be enough evidence?

We know from the Mueller report that the Steel Dossier was already discredited before it was used as the foundation for the FISA warrant. Now what do you call it when someone does that?

Comey said a year ago, he chose to tell Trump about the golden shower accusation because he felt trump should be made aware that this propaganda was out in the public being spread about him.

Turns out Trump already knew about the peepee tapes and other allegations, BEFORE Comey briefed him.

Michael Cohen gave evidence that showed a conversation of a Russian friend telling Cohen about the alleged pee pee tapes out there before he became president.

While I disagree that the right cheers unpunished crimes any more than the left, I do agree abuse of power is far too often ignored or excused. That said, this was indeed an outrageous conspiracy at the highest levels of our most important and most powerful WashDC swamp agencies that had as its goal the demise of the duly-elected POTUS for crimes - according to Mueller - that he did not commit. I don't believe for a second that significant prison time and severe fines for the perps will deter the next cabal from trying and perhaps succeeding in the future but it is critical that our FBI & DOJ maintain at least the illusion of credibility. If I work or worked at either I'd insist heads roll.

So you believe the accusations against Kavanaugh were right wing? That the accusations against Trump were right wing?

We know from the Mueller report that the Steel Dossier was already discredited before it was used as the foundation for the FISA warrant. Now what do you call it when someone does that?
Evidence that FISA shouldn't exist at all.
I disagree. National security dictates that the CIA & FBI sometimes need access to court-approved extraordinary LE powers, and while some top dogs at the FBI & DOJ may well have abused their authority to serve a domestic political agenda, I would not toss the FISA court baby with the bathwater.

I disagree. National security dictates that the CIA & FBI sometimes need access to court-approved extraordinary LE powers, and while some top dogs at the FBI & DOJ may well have abused their authority to serve a domestic political agenda, I would not toss the FISA court baby with the bathwater.
Yeah, Rosemary's baby...The FISA "court" makes a mockery of anything resembling due process, and this case demonstrates that in spades.

Let’s say that you are correct. That there is a need for extraordinary LE powers. The problem is that every Federal Investigation is sealed until the indictments come down. They all work off of secret wiretaps, search warrants, and all that. So what makes the FISA court different? Even the most minimal Constitutional Protections are absent.

But let’s discuss this extraordinary power that is apparently needed. In order to insure it isn’t abused, isn’t there an equal need for extraordinary protections? Shouldn’t those who abuse this extraordinary power face severe sanctions? Not just letters of reprimand. Not a stern lecture. I’m talking loss of employment, and pension, at the very least.

Forum List

Back