Farmer Prevented from Selling His Crop Because He Supports Traditional Marriage

The law is unconstitutional and arbitrary.

As of now it's very constitutional, as for arbitrary, that's a matter of speculation. However I would presume that since homosexuals have been discriminated a in the past that there is nothing arbitrary about it.

Lib please it stomps all over his 1st amendment rights. We should just fence off part of the US and you libs can go live your depraved lives unfettered behind the razor wire.

He has the right to express his beliefs on homosexuality all he wants, he does not have the right (according to the city) to discriminate based on sexual orientation. It's quite simple.

He didn't...it's quite simple. It's time you grasped it

He did, by his own admission he said his farm is not open to gay weddings, that is discrimination.
not until he refuses and you stupid fks don't know the difference between speech and action. wow.

As of now it's very constitutional, as for arbitrary, that's a matter of speculation. However I would presume that since homosexuals have been discriminated a in the past that there is nothing arbitrary about it.

Lib please it stomps all over his 1st amendment rights. We should just fence off part of the US and you libs can go live your depraved lives unfettered behind the razor wire.

He has the right to express his beliefs on homosexuality all he wants, he does not have the right (according to the city) to discriminate based on sexual orientation. It's quite simple.

That one has gone full troll.

Nope, nothing I've done in this thread has been trolling, just stating my opinion and you guys are falling all over the place.

It's not that I don't like homos. They're just disgusting human waste. Other than that, they're stand-up guys.
anyone who wishes to stick their unit in the wrong hole is
:cuckoo:

Actually a bar does not have the right to refuse service to anyone.
sure they do. if you don't have shoes or shirt on, already drunk, look drunk, not old enough. it's amazing the things you stoops don't know.
Even I don't like your looks is sufficient to refuse service to anyone.

It's not as simple as that. You do not have the right to discriminate based on race, color, sex or national origin, that's federal law. Many state and local municipalities have further passed public accommodation laws protection sexual orientation.
It is as simple as that JC pointed out what an idiot you are when you said a bar couldn't deny service to anyone.

You can't throw someone out of your bar for being black, so deal with it.

Furthermore, You and Lansing city are too stupid to realize that they are the ones discriminating against the farmer and his family who merely made a statement about what he would reject at his private property where his home is also located. We reject communism and your fascist bs at every turn.

Doesn't matter if his home is located there or not, wherever on his land the ceremonies are held for a fee is a business and there are laws to follow.

He, did you ever wonder why communist and fascist countries aren't too big on homosexuality?
so you don't think the farmer's rights are being discriminated against? that law discriminates his rights. D'oh!

Of course it beongs to the people. The ones that voted for the ordinance violated by the farmer.
It belongs to every taxpayer, cockroach.

Including the farmer.

And there are responsibilities, like following the law.
That law violates the First Amendment.
Bri, it's ok for them, they are allowed to discriminate. they don't understand what discrimination actually is.

How so? I don't have the right to discriminate. For example, if a gay couple ran the farm they wouldn't have the right to discriminate against straight couples.

Nope, nothing I've done in this thread has been trolling, just stating my opinion and you guys are falling all over the place.

We're pointing out until he refuses service he has broken no law. You're too ignorant to grasp it and think speech is regulated

Including the farmer.

And, he didn't. Has anyone complained that he refused to sell his produce to gays?

It belongs to every taxpayer, cockroach.

Including the farmer.

That law violates the First Amendment.
Bri, it's ok for them, they are allowed to discriminate. they don't understand what discrimination actually is.

How so? I don't have the right to discriminate. For example, if a gay couple ran the farm they wouldn't have the right to discriminate against straight couples.
the law discriminates to that man's beliefs. You want him to accept their belief but you can't accept his. hmmmm morally something wrong there dude.

We're pointing out until he refuses service he has broken no law. You're too ignorant to grasp it and think speech is regulated

Advertising that you discriminate is discrimination.

People make rational points citing the 1st amendment, you make shit up. Wait what was my original point? Oh now I remember.

He said his farm was not open for gay weddings, it's a business, his farm must meet any PA laws applicable to businesses.

If he doesn't want to worry about marrying gays (or jews or Muslims) then he should convert the portion of his farm for weddings into a church.
His farm again is privately owned property, you don't get that. The city has no right to attempt to reach out and affect his selling his produce in a public venue from what was grown on his private property. If you f'ing queers want to sue him over his telling what he wouldn't accept in front of his family on his privately own property go for it but i dearly hope he counter sues and takes everyone behind this shit for everything they own.

His farm is privately owned, it's still a business and there are laws he has to follow. I'm sorry you don't like it but it's nothing new.
What he accepts at his farm is not regulated by the city.

If he runs it like a business, there are laws. Just like if you own a restaurant, it's private property, that doesn't mean you're allowed to let the cockroaches run wild all over the place.
so someone can't refuse business to a white nationist or kkk or white supremacist? Trump Supporter? DOH!
Neither one of those groups is included in what SCOTUS has designated as a "protected class". Businesses have a wide range of reasons for refusing service. SCOTUS has ruled that discrimination and refusal to serve protected classes are not included in that range.

And, he didn't. Has anyone complained that he refused to sell his produce to gays?
it's why they call it freedom of speech.

You have to have an actual action. He refused service to nobody for the 1000th time, loon

No, but we're not talking about produce. It's like a restaurant saying, we serve everyone, but only whites can have alcohol.

No, but we're not talking about produce. It's like a restaurant saying, we serve everyone, but only whites can have alcohol.

Did he refuse to sell cucumbers to gays?

His farm again is privately owned property, you don't get that. The city has no right to attempt to reach out and affect his selling his produce in a public venue from what was grown on his private property. If you f'ing queers want to sue him over his telling what he wouldn't accept in front of his family on his privately own property go for it but i dearly hope he counter sues and takes everyone behind this shit for everything they own.

His farm is privately owned, it's still a business and there are laws he has to follow. I'm sorry you don't like it but it's nothing new.

If he runs it like a business, there are laws. Just like if you own a restaurant, it's private property, that doesn't mean you're allowed to let the cockroaches run wild all over the place.
so someone can't refuse business to a white nationist or kkk or white supremacist? Trump Supporter? DOH!
Neither one of those groups is included in what SCOTUS has designated as a "protected class". Businesses have a wide range of reasons for refusing service. SCOTUS has ruled that discrimination and refusal to serve protected classes are not included in that range.
so you're ok with discrimination, how fascist of you.

huh?

so you're ok with discrimination, how fascist of you.
There are very few family farms and small businesses that are actually privately owned now a days and these creeps would like nothing more than to get their mitts into the rest of those too.

Not according to the court in the Elaine's Photography case. It was held that she could have any kind of disclaimer she wanted in her advertising as long as services were provided to same sex couples. She could have a disclaimer that said she personally opposed same sex marriage if she wished.

He did, by his own admission he said his farm is not open to gay weddings, that is discrimination.
that is his freedom of speech. and you discriminated against him as did the city.

Forum List

Back