Farmer Prevented from Selling His Crop Because He Supports Traditional Marriage

YOU MIGHT NOT BE INTERESTED IN THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG, BUT THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG IS INTERESTED IN YOU!

Jacques: Farmer gets boot for expressing his beliefs
Freedom of speech no longer exists.
then why are all these stoops from the left on here?
Because they insist we be tolerant of their intolerance..otherwise, we are nazi's?
so you're saying if I don't believe them I can't talk?
No.I answered a question with a question. See the question marks??

You do not understand the meaning of private property either but most fascist don't.

His farm is a business open to the public. He has to follow the law.

He did. No one is saying he didn't. Contrary to what you might believe, there are no laws mandating what personal opinions to have.

A baker might specialize in making cakes for same sex weddings and STILL voice the opinion that homosexuals are depraved scum that don't deserve to draw another breath. He's following the law.

For the last time (probably not) it's not about personal opinions, he stated his farm was not open for gays to get married at. At that point it's no longer opinion and it's actual discrimination. Whether the city ordinance covers this or not is why it's going to court.
I think the baker's suit in the SCOTUS will settle this even faster.

And what Supreme Court precedent leads you to believe they will rule the way you want?
the one coming down for the baker, here:
Supreme Court to take case on baker who refused to sell wedding cake to gay couple

"The Supreme Court announced Monday that it will consider whether a Denver baker acted lawfully in refusing to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple, setting up a major test next term weighing religious freedom against discrimination based on sexual orientation."

I think that's something for the court case to take up.

The city will lose badly...and should

Honestly, I can't say who will win, but I know you want him to win because you don't like homosexuals and the law really has nothing to do with what you think.
It's not that I don't like homos. They're just disgusting human waste. Other than that, they're stand-up guys.
anyone who wishes to stick their unit in the wrong hole is
His farm is privately owned property not public property. The market where he is/was selling his goods from his farming operation is public property and he never said gays were not welcome to buy his goods at a public operation.

He said his farm was not open for gay weddings, it's a business, his farm must meet any PA laws applicable to businesses.

If he doesn't want to worry about marrying gays (or jews or Muslims) then he should convert the portion of his farm for weddings into a church.
Technically your anus is open for business so maybe you should open it up to gay weddings. Better yet, perhaps we should force you to. But you might enjoy that.
:cuckoo:

We have freedom of association in America, and just like a bar has a right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, a farmer has a right to refuse access to his farm to people who would engage in activities he finds morally objectionable.

Actually a bar does not have the right to refuse service to anyone.
sure they do. if you don't have shoes or shirt on, already drunk, look drunk, not old enough. it's amazing the things you stoops don't know.
Even I don't like your looks is sufficient to refuse service to anyone.

It's not as simple as that. You do not have the right to discriminate based on race, color, sex or national origin, that's federal law. Many state and local municipalities have further passed public accommodation laws protection sexual orientation.

YOU MIGHT NOT BE INTERESTED IN THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG, BUT THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG IS INTERESTED IN YOU!

Because they insist we be tolerant of their intolerance..otherwise, we are nazi's?
No.I asked a question.
so I can't talk and I'm considered a nazi. hmmmm

His farm is a business open to the public. He has to follow the law.

He did. No one is saying he didn't. Contrary to what you might believe, there are no laws mandating what personal opinions to have.

A baker might specialize in making cakes for same sex weddings and STILL voice the opinion that homosexuals are depraved scum that don't deserve to draw another breath. He's following the law.

For the last time (probably not) it's not about personal opinions, he stated his farm was not open for gays to get married at. At that point it's no longer opinion and it's actual discrimination. Whether the city ordinance covers this or not is why it's going to court.

And what Supreme Court precedent leads you to believe they will rule the way you want?
Supreme Court to take case on baker who refused to sell wedding cake to gay couple

"The Supreme Court announced Monday that it will consider whether a Denver baker acted lawfully in refusing to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple, setting up a major test next term weighing religious freedom against discrimination based on sexual orientation."

Do you want it to be a crime if people consider you a Nazi?

No.I asked a question.
so I can't talk and I'm considered a nazi. hmmmm
Depends on who yer askin' if you can talk. Right?

No.I answered a question with a question. See the question marks??
yep, so I can talk but I become adolf hitler? hmmmm I look in the mirror and I see me. Adolf is dead.

Did you notice the government assholes think Lansing property is their personal property when it in fact belongs to the people. Very typical of government fiefdoms.
Of course it beongs to the people. The ones that voted for the ordinance violated by the farmer.
It belongs to every taxpayer, cockroach.

Including the farmer.

And there are responsibilities, like following the law.

why would I want that?

why would I want that?

Didn't say you did, I was genuinely curious.

Did you notice the government assholes think Lansing property is their personal property when it in fact belongs to the people. Very typical of government fiefdoms.
Of course it beongs to the people. The ones that voted for the ordinance violated by the farmer.

Including the farmer.

What law did the farmer break? He never refused service to anyone. Why can't you wrap your head around that?

Including the farmer.

The law is unconstitutional and arbitrary.

Including the farmer.

What law did the farmer break? He never refused service to anyone. Why can't you wrap your head around that?

He advertised that he refuses service on facebook. In other words, you can't just go around town throwing out flyers that your lunch counter doesn't serve ******* and expect that to be legal.

The city will lose badly...and should

Honestly, I can't say who will win, but I know you want him to win because you don't like homosexuals and the law really has nothing to do with what you think.
It's not that I don't like homos. They're just disgusting human waste. Other than that, they're stand-up guys.
anyone who wishes to stick their unit in the wrong hole is
He said his farm was not open for gay weddings, it's a business, his farm must meet any PA laws applicable to businesses.

If he doesn't want to worry about marrying gays (or jews or Muslims) then he should convert the portion of his farm for weddings into a church.
Technically your anus is open for business so maybe you should open it up to gay weddings. Better yet, perhaps we should force you to. But you might enjoy that.
:cuckoo:

We have freedom of association in America, and just like a bar has a right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, a farmer has a right to refuse access to his farm to people who would engage in activities he finds morally objectionable.

Actually a bar does not have the right to refuse service to anyone.
sure they do. if you don't have shoes or shirt on, already drunk, look drunk, not old enough. it's amazing the things you stoops don't know.
Even I don't like your looks is sufficient to refuse service to anyone.

It's not as simple as that. You do not have the right to discriminate based on race, color, sex or national origin, that's federal law. Many state and local municipalities have further passed public accommodation laws protection sexual orientation.
It is as simple as that JC pointed out what an idiot you are when you said a bar couldn't deny service to anyone.

Furthermore, You and Lansing city are too stupid to realize that they are the ones discriminating against the farmer and his family who merely made a statement about what he would reject at his private property where his home is also located. We reject communism and your fascist bs at every turn.

why would I want that?

Didn't say you did, I was genuinely curious.
do you want it a crime for white supremacists to exist?

Including the farmer.

He advertised that he refuses service on facebook. In other words, you can't just go around town throwing out flyers that your lunch counter doesn't serve ******* and expect that to be legal.

He never refused service to anyone. Posting on FB is not unlawful....yet

Including the farmer.

The law is unconstitutional and arbitrary.

As of now it's very constitutional, as for arbitrary, that's a matter of speculation. However I would presume that since homosexuals have been discriminated a in the past that there is nothing arbitrary about it.

Including the farmer.

OMG he dared have an opinion that conflicts with the liberal world view ALARM SEIZE HIM!!!

Including the farmer.

That law violates the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back