Farmer Prevented from Selling His Crop Because He Supports Traditional Marriage

This twat got what he deserves.

He posted anti gay shit on his BUSINESS' facebook page and then wants the local govt to ENDORSE his business

he coulda used his 2 brain cells and realized his "free speech" applies to him as an individual and not his business engaging in government funded commerce

this is a total non issue
ZEIG HEIL!

I look forward to watching you and your family destroyed because of what you post on Facebook.
I have more than 2 brain cells but I appreciate and understand your concern.
So you have 3 brain cells, BFD.

He posted anti gay shit on his BUSINESS' facebook page and then wants the local govt to ENDORSE his business

he coulda used his 2 brain cells and realized his "free speech" applies to him as an individual and not his business engaging in government funded commerce

He doesn't condone or want to participate in same sex weddings. He sells his product to anyone who wants it, and has said he employs anyone without discrimination.

The only hate is from your side.
I dont hate anybody, itz not important enough.

But I do see calling this a free speech issue as retarded ~

I dont get why so many folks confuse what freedom of speech means, its half retarded but since I can "understand" the oversight, its half non retarded.

Tough titties. The yokel can peddle his wares plenty of other places.
Violation of the bill of rights according to the US Constitution.
Free expression of religion shall not be infringed.

Yet it is still illegal for a Christian to refuse to sell to a black customer- claiming his religious beliefs forbid it.
There is no such belief in the original doctrine of the church. And that isn't the issue here.

However, if you want to talk about bigotry let's discuss the issue of Sharia Law and it's treatment of Christians. The persecution and systematic slaughter they have endured over decades.

The Persecution of Christians and Islamic Sharia Law
Let's also talk about the demagoguery going on in this country simply because you're patriotic or believe in secure borders.

He doesn't condone or want to participate in same sex weddings. He sells his product to anyone who wants it, and has said he employs anyone without discrimination.

I dont get why so many folks confuse what freedom of speech means, its half retarded but since I can "understand" the oversight, its half non retarded.

here is it a government sanction due to his political and social views.

its a law, based on discrimination
..which he expressed, as a business ~ not as a private citizen but as a business he wants to be endorsed with PUBLIC funds

you dont know what free speech means exactly, thats all.

and believe me, free speech wise, this country has seen some DARK DAYS in its history.

..which he expressed, as a business ~ not as a private citizen but as a business he wants to be endorsed with PUBLIC funds

and believe me, free speech wise, this country has seen some DARK DAYS in its history.

His own use of his own property, when he sells his actual product he doesn't discriminate.

East lansing's rules only apply to East Lansing. This is more a home rule issue than anything else.

And since when does wanting to sell something mean you lose your constitutional rights?

Michigan may have some voter issues if anyone looks into it further. Ruth Johnson, Secretary of State. Registered Voters: Michigan Registered Voter Count: 7,359,626 (as of 09/02/2017). Population estimates, July 1, 2016, (V2016) 9,928,300. Persons under 18 years, percent, July 1, 2016, (V2016) 22.1% Persons under 18 years, percent, April 1, 2010 23.7%

The math leaves me a bit suspicious as it is very rare to have 100% or near 100% of eligible voters registered to vote anywhere in areas that large. Lansing also decided after many citizens coming forward to renounce the council on its vote to be a sanctuary city. The council decided to rescind the councils previous decision to be a sanctuary city for illegals.

His own use of his own property, when he sells his actual product he doesn't discriminate.

East lansing's rules only apply to East Lansing. This is more a home rule issue than anything else.

And since when does wanting to sell something mean you lose your constitutional rights?
hes not losing any right

is he in jail?? is his business closed or shut down???

no, his BUSINESS is just not being ENDORSED with a tax payer funded EVENT because he was DUMB ENOUGH to endorse BIGOTRY on his BUSINESS social media.

how weird is it that constitutionalist centered posters, seemingly, cant seperate 2 ideas in their head or even know what freedom of speech means

You are very confused between what is private and public.

The farmers market is public.

that means, taxpayer funded.

his business is private.

which means - if he wants to attend a tax payer endorsed event, he cant be a bigot.

its pretty simple, and not a free speech issue at all.

I would not want do it as I would consider it murdering one's own child.

Neither would I unless it was medically necessary...but I support a woman's right to make decisions about her own body.

How could the baby be her body, as it has different DNA, different fingerprints, often different blood type and sex?

hes not losing any right

no, his BUSINESS is just not being ENDORSED with a tax payer funded EVENT because he was DUMB ENOUGH to endorse BIGOTRY on his BUSINESS social media.

how weird is it that constitutionalist centered posters, seemingly, cant seperate 2 ideas in their head or even know what freedom of speech means

Since when is being allowed to sell apples an endorsement of anything? He follows the rules of the Farmer's Market when he is there, East Lansing has no right to force him to follow their rules outside of East lansing.

his business is private.

which means - if he wants to attend a tax payer endorsed event, he cant be a bigot.

Selling his wares and paying for the permitting to do so is not something you or anyone else is paying for and that is not one in the same as his own private property which his farm is.

hes not losing any right

Since when is being allowed to sell apples an endorsement of anything? He follows the rules of the Farmer's Market when he is there, East Lansing has no right to force him to follow their rules outside of East lansing.
East Lansing has a right to allow and disallow any entity they wish to attend the farmer's market they pay for - and its got nothing to do with free speech.

And if taxpayers dont like how east lansing spends their tax dollars, they vote them out.

thats how it works.

his business is not invited because they stated their bigotry as an entity, not on his private facebook page but his business one

his business is private.

Selling his wares and paying for the permitting to do so is not something you or anyone else is paying for and that is not one in the same as his own private property which his farm is.
The farmers market is organized by public officials.

Public officials are, by definition, tax payer funded. In salary and activity.

hes not losing any right

East Lansing has a right to allow and disallow any entity they wish to attend the farmer's market they pay for - and its got nothing to do with free speech.

And if taxpayers dont like how east lansing spends their tax dollars, they vote them out.

thats how it works.

his business is not invited because they stated their bigotry as an entity, not on his private facebook page but his business one

Their requiring him to follow their "rules" outside their jurisdiction is a violation of home rule concepts of local government.

In the end, it's still government prosecuting him for his religious beliefs, which is unconstitutional.

his business is private.

And they are bound to follow the constitution, which in this case they are not.

hes not losing any right

thats how it works.

Their requiring him to follow their "rules" outside their jurisdiction is a violation of home rule concepts of local government.

In the end, it's still government prosecuting him for his religious beliefs, which is unconstitutional.
persecuting, not prosecuting, and i was unaware of an entity of commerce having religious beliefs

his business is private.

And they are bound to follow the constitution, which in this case they are not.
Yeah, we disagree and I can see why. Its all good the court will hear it.

Forum List

Back