🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

if you do not own a business, then you have no say in the matter.
For the last time. $15 per hour for unskilled. mostly teen aged workers is ABSURD...
These people who are "striking" for higher pay are attempting to take a short cut to higher earnings by enlisting the assistance of government because they are incapable of either showing initiative to learn new skills, learn new skills or go to school to learn new skills..So they believe that by "demanding" the money will just land in their lap.
That isn't the way the world works.
By joining their legions you are WORSE because you don't own a business or if you do, would not be willing to sacrifice your own livelihood to pay a min wage of $15 per hour..
One other thing. The min wage raise is not that simple. As the min wage is increased so do the wages of everyone else.
Wage levels always should be left to the marketplace to decide.
So you can stop your anti business owner diatribe. It's tired and pointless.

Like i said, $15 is peanuts in today's America. But there's room for compromise. And unless you're connected to McDonalds in some way, it's none of your business. It's between the employees and the employer. They're not asking for more money from Government. They're asking for it from their Employer.

There's nothing wrong with Private Sector Unions. In fact, Unions are probably the only thing that can save American Workers now. They need to be strong again. When they were strong, there was balance. Since they've fallen, Workers have suffered. We have to get the balance back.

It is peanuts. Way these clowns act you'd think we wanted to make everyone millionaires.

Slave Owners will not give up their slaves easily. It'll be a fight. Private Sector Unions need to make a big comeback. You can't enter the fight without em. We're living in an age of Corporatism. The Corps have all the power and control.

Strong Unions could provide some balance again. American Workers would be represented. There would be someone in their corner again. I definitely support Private Sector Unions.

Unions in the US can only do one thing: chase more jobs out of the country.

Yes, you greedy white Republican dudes love Outsourcing American Jobs. That's already been well-established. You do it whether there's Unions or not.

Greedy white Democrats do it too. Ever hear of a guy by the name of Bill Gates or perhaps the late Steve Jobs?

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.
Ya know what it is especially ironic. Your avatar....About government protecting the shit out of the people....Yet you want government to take those batons to business owners to suit your cause.....So it is actually YOU swinging the baton...
Hey genius....Don't be surprise if one day the person you are beating grabs the baton and decides to hit back.

Poor McDonalds Millionaires. Must be rough. I hope they make it.

They'll do just fine. In fact, those McDonald millionaire are taking some of their money and investing it into automation. Some restaurants are virtually employee free. Think of how much they will save by having robots do the work former human employees used to do.

"Every action causes a reaction."
Ray from Cleveland

Yes we know, y'all love fucking Amercan Workers over. Most already know that. It's well-covered ground. No surprise.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.
Ya know what it is especially ironic. Your avatar....About government protecting the shit out of the people....Yet you want government to take those batons to business owners to suit your cause.....So it is actually YOU swinging the baton...
Hey genius....Don't be surprise if one day the person you are beating grabs the baton and decides to hit back.

They'll do just fine. In fact, those McDonald millionaire are taking some of their money and investing it into automation. Some restaurants are virtually employee free. Think of how much they will save by having robots do the work former human employees used to do.

Ray from Cleveland

Yes we know, y'all love fucking Amercan Workers over. Most already know that. It's well-covered ground. No surprise.

Right. We'll see "y'all" at Walmart.

Ray from Cleveland

And unemploying people will make them virtually customer free. Can't unemploy your customer base.

Customers would love it because it would likely mean lower prices. After all, you don't have to pay machines; just keep them maintained and repaired.

What do you plan on doing with the all the Unemployed Americans? Do you seriously believe you won't pay for that?

Like i said, $15 is peanuts in today's America. But there's room for compromise. And unless you're connected to McDonalds in some way, it's none of your business. It's between the employees and the employer. They're not asking for more money from Government. They're asking for it from their Employer.

There's nothing wrong with Private Sector Unions. In fact, Unions are probably the only thing that can save American Workers now. They need to be strong again. When they were strong, there was balance. Since they've fallen, Workers have suffered. We have to get the balance back.

It is peanuts. Way these clowns act you'd think we wanted to make everyone millionaires.

Slave Owners will not give up their slaves easily. It'll be a fight. Private Sector Unions need to make a big comeback. You can't enter the fight without em. We're living in an age of Corporatism. The Corps have all the power and control.

Strong Unions could provide some balance again. American Workers would be represented. There would be someone in their corner again. I definitely support Private Sector Unions.

Yes, you greedy white Republican dudes love Outsourcing American Jobs. That's already been well-established. You do it whether there's Unions or not.

Greedy white Democrats do it too. Ever hear of a guy by the name of Bill Gates or perhaps the late Steve Jobs?

Fuck him too.

Ray from Cleveland

And unemploying people will make them virtually customer free. Can't unemploy your customer base.

Customers would love it because it would likely mean lower prices. After all, you don't have to pay machines; just keep them maintained and repaired.

What do you plan on doing with the all the Unemployed Americans? Do you seriously believe you won't pay for that?

I don't do anything with them. People bring these problems on themselves. I'm just stating a fact.

If it's one thing you liberals hate, it's the philosophy of Action/Reaction. You see, when somebody takes an action on somebody else, it usually produces a reaction. Liberals only believe in action. They believe that when you do something to somebody else, they will just sit there and take it.

Of course there is no truth to that. We have countless examples, one of them being jobs moving overseas. You keep taxing those job producers, keep supporting unions that overpay workers, keep creating expensive regulation after regulation, and the job creators move the hell out of the state or country.

Ray from Cleveland

I don't do anything with them. People bring these problems on themselves. I'm just stating a fact.

If it's one thing you liberals hate, it's the philosophy of Action/Reaction. You see, when somebody takes an action on somebody else, it usually produces a reaction. Liberals only believe in action. They believe that when you do something to somebody else, they will just sit there and take it.

Of course there is no truth to that. We have countless examples, one of them being jobs moving overseas. You keep taxing those job producers, keep supporting unions that overpay workers, keep creating expensive regulation after regulation, and the job creators move the hell out of the state or country.

Oh that's funny. If they want to do business in the worlds largest economy they should have to hire and pay well here. They have damaged our economy enough.

Ray from Cleveland

Oh you'll pay. You'd be much better off keeping them employed and paying em a livable wage. We'll all benefit in the end.

What have those in poverty or who make low wages done to better what they have to offer? What effort have they made other than whine that someone should give them more for nothing?

Wages are stagnant, what they do won't make much of a difference for most.

You just gave them an excuse to not try and continue to demand something just be handed to them. If they made half as much effort to do better as they did demanding something be given to them, you would be surprised just how much better things would be.

Although you didn't use the exact words, I suspect you consider me one of the lucky ones. To that I say: "I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have." - Coleman Cox
With stagnant wages they are most likely to be underemployed if they get skills. You seem to be living in a different economy.
Your argument is based on an unsupported supposition. "They are most likely to be". Now, here's a concrete reality. If they do NOT gain valuable skills, they WILL continue to remain at MW and represent no greater value to the company that hired them.

With wages stagnant they are most likely to be. That isn't a real good incentive to get more skills and then be underemployed.
Not so. An employee who shows the initiative to gain marketable skills is more valuable to an employer merely by doing so, and will benefit more than the workers who do not.

Ray from Cleveland

Oh you'll pay. You'd be much better off keeping them employed and paying em a livable wage. We'll all benefit in the end.
And you're okay with higher prices on everything, and the poor unable to afford things they now can?

Ray from Cleveland

Well history is not on your side I'm afraid. Automation has taken more jobs away from Americans than overseas labor. If it didn't work economically, it would not be as popular as it is today.

As they are able to produce these machines cheaper, and as employee costs increase, it's a collision course bound to make more and more people jobless. What do we do then? I really have no idea and I'm sure I'll be long off this planet when that happens.

The motivator behind all this is the consumer. It's been going on for a long time now. We don't care where our products are produced. We don't care what jobs are lost in the US. All we care about is getting our products cheaper.

Take gasoline for example. When I was younger, you pulled into a gas station and an attendant would service your car. He would pump the gasoline, wash your windshield, check the tire pressure in your tires, and even check the oil and washer fluid. Then somebody had an idea: let the customer do all these things themselves and offer a lower price per gallon of gasoline!!!

So stations offered a choice. They would have one self-service pump and the rest attended. As more people ran to the cheaper self-service pump, the stations created more of them. Before you knew it, all stations were self-serve. This allowed the mechanics to make the real money for the station by repairing cars.

At first a cashier was needed to take the money from the self-serve customers. Then they came out with credit card swipe pumps so there was less need for cashiers. Then they figured out that they made more money by turning those car bays into a convenience store, and the mechanics lost their jobs too.

While all this was going on, not many Americans considered the people they were putting out of work. It wasn't the evil gas stations, it was the evil consumer responsible.

You just gave them an excuse to not try and continue to demand something just be handed to them. If they made half as much effort to do better as they did demanding something be given to them, you would be surprised just how much better things would be.

Although you didn't use the exact words, I suspect you consider me one of the lucky ones. To that I say: "I'm a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have." - Coleman Cox
With stagnant wages they are most likely to be underemployed if they get skills. You seem to be living in a different economy.
Your argument is based on an unsupported supposition. "They are most likely to be". Now, here's a concrete reality. If they do NOT gain valuable skills, they WILL continue to remain at MW and represent no greater value to the company that hired them.

With wages stagnant they are most likely to be. That isn't a real good incentive to get more skills and then be underemployed.
Not so. An employee who shows the initiative to gain marketable skills is more valuable to an employer merely by doing so, and will benefit more than the workers who do not.

It shows that the person wants to improve.

Ray from Cleveland

Sending them to people like you who say you care so you can prove it by supporting them. You say they deserve something for nothing. Prove it.

Ray from Cleveland

How is currently paying someone $7.25/hour for a job requiring $5/hour skills fucking them over?

if you do not own a business, then you have no say in the matter.
For the last time. $15 per hour for unskilled. mostly teen aged workers is ABSURD...
These people who are "striking" for higher pay are attempting to take a short cut to higher earnings by enlisting the assistance of government because they are incapable of either showing initiative to learn new skills, learn new skills or go to school to learn new skills..So they believe that by "demanding" the money will just land in their lap.
That isn't the way the world works.
By joining their legions you are WORSE because you don't own a business or if you do, would not be willing to sacrifice your own livelihood to pay a min wage of $15 per hour..
One other thing. The min wage raise is not that simple. As the min wage is increased so do the wages of everyone else.
Wage levels always should be left to the marketplace to decide.
So you can stop your anti business owner diatribe. It's tired and pointless.

Oh, the greedy white Republicans argument because they want to make more money and keep a larger portion of it. Typical.

Oh, the greedy white Republicans argument because they want to make more money and keep a larger portion of it. Typical.

It's been my personal experience that it has less to do with making more money and more to do with just surviving. Once your competitor moves overseas, many have no choice but to do the same. It's either that or lose most of your customers because you can't compete price-wise with the company that did move overseas.

Prove you own stock in them.

It's the same standard asshole. The company decides what they pay for both.

I pay too many taxes because low income, low skilled leeches get by with paying no income taxes.

Wanna talk about different standards for rich and poor. Do you support that low income people get by without paying income taxes and that the rich should pay even more?
Let those who have discretionary income pay the lions share of the taxes. Those who are barely surviving shouldn't.

So those who have made it should be required to offset the slack pieces of shit that haven't? I thought living in society meant we were supposed to contribute to society. I guess that only applies to those capable of making it society. If you can't, you should expect others to support you.
What is your alternative? Let them die?

Let those who think one person deserves another person's money support them. I call them bleeding hearts. They are the ones that say part of living in society involves paying things like income taxes yet support almost half that live in the society getting by without paying any. They are the ones that think it's OK to take the hard earned money of someone that actually did something to get it in order that it be handed to someone that did nothing. In fact, they consider those of us who want to keep more of what we actually earned greedy while thinking those who want it given to them as perfectly OK in doing so. They ask questions like you did of what is your alternative.

When they ask such questions, I provide them an alternative. That alternative doesn't involve the government being involved at all, something the bleeding hearts can't fathom happening. My response is that if they believe someone deserves something, write a check. If they think someone without healthcare coverage should have it, pay their premium. The government isn't needed for them to do that. All they have to do is pay it themselves. Most will reply with the "living in a society involves paying taxes". Once again, if so, shouldn't that apply to all living in society rather than just the group they think should pay. What they really mean is the ones they think have too much should pay and pay more so they can feel good about themselves because they supported the government forcing someone else to do something they believed should be done. I have had some say they would IF they could. In other words, they can't do what they think should be done so it's OK for them to demand someone they think has more than enough do it. I've had others say they would gladly pay more in taxes to fund programs they thought were a good idea to which I reply, if it's such a good idea, why do you need someone telling you to do more. Why wouldn't you just do it.

In short, my alternative is if you see a need you feel should be met, meet it yourself. I'll do the same. I can promise you I won't say a damn thing about who you choose to help or how much you should do if you promise me you won't do the same if I don't do it the way you think it should be done. Deal?
You'd bitch about all the carcasses cluttering up the street because trash detail doesn't pick up the bodies fast enough for your sensibilities.

If you bleeding hearts helped people to the level you demand the government force the rest of us to do it, that wouldn't happen. I(f you cared to the level you say you cared, no one would go without.

BTW my retirement problem is set. Once I'm no longer able to work I'm walking,crawling,whatever into a Walmart and getting me a deli sandwich and a coke, perhaps some coleslaw too. Then sit and eat while I wait for the cops to arrive to arrest me for shoplifting. Then when they do arrive, Bam body slam the bastard. I'll get 6 years paid vacation oooOOOO.

That you're proud of that says a lot.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle
Tell you what, if they get it, I'll get a full time job at BK.

It's 4 blocks from my house, I'll be early and can stay late

Then why are wages stagnant?

Forum List

Back