🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Yes we know, y'all love fucking Amercan Workers over. Most already know that. It's well-covered ground. No surprise.

How is currently paying someone $7.25/hour for a job requiring $5/hour skills fucking them over?

That's why we can't allow you greedy white Republican dudes to have free reign. You're incapable of doing right. You'll have to be monitored and kept in check. Hopefully Unions will make a big comeback. It's time.

How is paying someone more than their skills are worth wrong?

Greedy white Republicans? Are you suggesting that we should pay you ******* more than you're worth?

Funny how you consider doing right as you thinking, someone that isn't doing the paying, it's your place to dictate how much someone that is doing the paying should pay. It's not your place boy.

What's a fellow human being worth? Who knows? But we do know we can't leave such questions up to you greedy white Republican dudes. You've proven you can't be trusted. Your hate & greed consumes you.

The only one showing hate is you.

He hates the fact that many people have done better than his sorry ass ever will so he thinks the government should make someone pay him more.

How is paying someone more than their skills are worth wrong?

Greedy white Republicans? Are you suggesting that we should pay you ******* more than you're worth?

Funny how you consider doing right as you thinking, someone that isn't doing the paying, it's your place to dictate how much someone that is doing the paying should pay. It's not your place boy.

What's a fellow human being worth? Who knows? But we do know we can't leave such questions up to you greedy white Republican dudes. You've proven you can't be trusted. Your hate & greed consumes you.

A worker is worth what the one doing the paying determines he/she is worth when it comes to wages.

Are you saying that someone like you should determine what someone doing the paying should pay? You can do that when it's your money.

So you have no concerns about our slow economy? You realize massive inequality slows an economy right? Do you care out middle class is disappearing?

You do realize that simply handing someone a higher wage isn't the way to improve it?

Let's talk about unequal. I have two master's degrees in my field. That means I've spent thousands upon thousands of hours studying and applying what I've studied in order to earn a higher income. Compare that to the little to nothing someone sweeping floor, emptying trash, and cleaning toilets spent learning something my children have helped do at the house since they were in single digit ages. Since time is money and I've spent much more time than the low skilled worker getting where I am, I don't have a problem make much, much more than they do.

It is a way to improve it.

I assume you make more than minimum wage....

The only thing it furthers is the leech mindset that someone owes you something life. That's never an improvement.

Tell me what about the skills of a person that can only sweep floors, empty trash, and clean toilets or the like is worth $15/hour.

So you have no concerns about our slow economy? You realize massive inequality slows an economy right?

Did you read that off your colon wall?

Do you care out middle class is disappearing?

And you think middle class adults are working fast food, sploogy? :eek:

Inequality is growing and the middle class is shrinking. Where do you think they are going professor?

A worker is worth what the one doing the paying determines he/she is worth when it comes to wages.

Are you saying that someone like you should determine what someone doing the paying should pay? You can do that when it's your money.

So you have no concerns about our slow economy? You realize massive inequality slows an economy right? Do you care out middle class is disappearing?

You do realize that simply handing someone a higher wage isn't the way to improve it?

Let's talk about unequal. I have two master's degrees in my field. That means I've spent thousands upon thousands of hours studying and applying what I've studied in order to earn a higher income. Compare that to the little to nothing someone sweeping floor, emptying trash, and cleaning toilets spent learning something my children have helped do at the house since they were in single digit ages. Since time is money and I've spent much more time than the low skilled worker getting where I am, I don't have a problem make much, much more than they do.

The only thing it furthers is the leech mindset that someone owes you something life. That's never an improvement.

Tell me what about the skills of a person that can only sweep floors, empty trash, and clean toilets or the like is worth $15/hour.

Well I make dramatically more than $15/hr. 15 really isn't very much so yes someone who does those things is worth 15.

Is the problem that you only make 15? You are mad they will make as much as you with little effort? I don't get it.

For the record I would only go to 10.10 and see what happens in the places that went 15.

Inequality is growing and the middle class is shrinking. Where do you think they are going professor?

Inequality is growing based on Obama using taxpayer funds to prop up Wall Street to create the fiction of a recovery. (and to make his cronies filthy rich - plenty will flow back to him.)

One of the major reasons for middle class declines is the importation of foreign workers. And who is it that promotes that? Can you say "democrats," I knew you could.

In both cases, paying unskilled workers wages that are well beyond the revenue they create will exasperate the problem. Obviously automation will replace many or most of the low skill workers who don't warrant high wages. As labor increases, the investment in capital equipment is more attractive.

Since you have no grasp of even basic economic principles, this is a mystery to you. But to educated folk, this is obvious.

Well I make dramatically more than $15/hr. 15 really isn't very much so yes someone who does those things is worth 15.

Is the problem that you only make 15? You are mad they will make as much as you with little effort? I don't get it.

For the record I would only go to 10.10 and see what happens in the places that went 15.

While I do make significantly more than $15/hour, although my income is based on salary rather than a wage, I won't make that an official claim because I would have to provide proof to you. Since you did make the claim, prove it.

You still didn't say what about those skills make them worth that much. What about skills a 5 year old can do is worth $15/hour?

We've seen what happened in places that went to $15. Try Seattle. The argument was that these people wanted to make a living wage so they could support themselves. After the increase, some were going to their employers and asking for less hours because they were now making too much causing their benefits to be less. In other words, they weren't concerned about making more you getting what they thought was owed to them in handouts funded by someone else.

Inequality is growing based on Obama using taxpayer funds to prop up Wall Street to create the fiction of a recovery. (and to make his cronies filthy rich - plenty will flow back to him.)

One of the major reasons for middle class declines is the importation of foreign workers. And who is it that promotes that? Can you say "democrats," I knew you could.

In both cases, paying unskilled workers wages that are well beyond the revenue they create will exasperate the problem. Obviously automation will replace many or most of the low skill workers who don't warrant high wages. As labor increases, the investment in capital equipment is more attractive.

Since you have no grasp of even basic economic principles, this is a mystery to you. But to educated folk, this is obvious.

It is the big corps bringing in workers and they gladly work with both parties. Repubs are in control and it continues.

It can't replace workers. Those workers are also customers. They would also be eliminating customers.

It's funny how smart you pretend to be. So far I have owned you.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.
Blood? Tears? Oh, the drama!

While I do make significantly more than $15/hour, although my income is based on salary rather than a wage, I won't make that an official claim because I would have to provide proof to you. Since you did make the claim, prove it.

You still didn't say what about those skills make them worth that much. What about skills a 5 year old can do is worth $15/hour?

We've seen what happened in places that went to $15. Try Seattle. The argument was that these people wanted to make a living wage so they could support themselves. After the increase, some were going to their employers and asking for less hours because they were now making too much causing their benefits to be less. In other words, they weren't concerned about making more you getting what they thought was owed to them in handouts funded by someone else.

15 is very little. I see no reason even unskilled shouldn't make that much. I couldn't live off it.

Now you realize welfare is not going away right? So when workers are paid less they collect welfare and that means more taxes. Why do you think that is a better option than skipping the gov and having money go direct from employer to employee?

It is the big corps bringing in workers and they gladly work with both parties. Repubs are in control and it continues.

It can't replace workers. Those workers are also customers. They would also be eliminating customers.

McDonalds isn't Shackley. It isn't designed to sell to it's workers. They can an are replacing the unskilled help with automation, and this will continue. The workers add very, very little value. Use of automation eleminates mistakes and ends the issue with employee misconduct.

abc_wnn_mix_130604_wg.jpg

McDonalds isn't Shackley. It isn't designed to sell to it's workers. They can an are replacing the unskilled help with automation, and this will continue. The workers add very, very little value. Use of automation eleminates mistakes and ends the issue with employee misconduct.

Rich people aren't eating at McDonald's.

15 is very little. I see no reason even unskilled shouldn't make that much. I couldn't live off it.

Now you realize welfare is not going away right? So when workers are paid less they collect welfare and that means more taxes. Why do you think that is a better option than skipping the gov and having money go direct from employer to employee?

You still haven't said what about that skill set is worth $15/hour.

That's the problem. Someone, due to their own doing, has low skills. Perhaps they quit school without a high school diploma or really anything. When they can't make it, they think someone owes them something. If someone is in a place due to their own actions, choices, or doing, I don't have a problem letting them go without. They caused their situation and no one else is responsible for offsetting that.

If they were paid $15/hour, are you saying taxes would go down and there would be less taxes? You said yesterday that someone making more would pay taxes. I proved that wasn't necessarily true. What those situations mean is the person is getting more, not paying income taxes, and the taxes on the rest of us are still the same. Tell me where that benefits ME.

You still haven't said what about that skill set is worth $15/hour.

That's the problem. Someone, due to their own doing, has low skills. Perhaps they quit school without a high school diploma or really anything. When they can't make it, they think someone owes them something. If someone is in a place due to their own actions, choices, or doing, I don't have a problem letting them go without. They caused their situation and no one else is responsible for offsetting that.

If they were paid $15/hour, are you saying taxes would go down and there would be less taxes? You said yesterday that someone making more would pay taxes. I proved that wasn't necessarily true. What those situations mean is the person is getting more, not paying income taxes, and the taxes on the rest of us are still the same. Tell me where that benefits ME.

I said 15 is very little so why not pay them? If they don't get paid they will make it up in welfare.

Many will pay taxes and many will collect less welfare. I would think 15 would get them off welfare.

When these leeches starting demanding $15/hour for doing a $5/hour job a few years ago, I did my own experiment at the local McDonalds in the city where I work. I went to the same McDonalds every day in the month of July I worked. It was 21 times. I ordered off the dollar menu. Each time, I would alter the order such as no pickles, extra ketchup, etc. There was a new item on the menu at the time. Since I don't eat pickles or mayo, I ordered it without either one only to be told that it didn't come with either one. When I got it, it had both. Out of the 21 times, 11 times produced an incorrect order. I don't know about you but that's not a good record for those demanding over a 100% pay increase.

When these leeches starting demanding $15/hour for doing a $5/hour job a few years ago, I did my own experiment at the local McDonalds in the city where I work. I went to the same McDonalds every day in the month of July I worked. It was 21 times. I ordered off the dollar menu. Each time, I would alter the order such as no pickles, extra ketchup, etc. There was a new item on the menu at the time. Since I don't eat pickles or mayo, I ordered it without either one only to be told that it didn't come with either one. When I got it, it had both. Out of the 21 times, 11 times produced an incorrect order. I don't know about you but that's not a good record for those demanding over a 100% pay increase.

That is a lot of McDonald's. It is still a statistically insignificant sample size. I've been to good and bad fast food places. I blame the managers if there are lots of errors. Either they hired the wrong people or manage them poorly.

I said 15 is very little so why not pay them? If they don't get paid they will make it up in welfare.

Many will pay taxes and many will collect less welfare. I would think 15 would get them off welfare.

$15 an hour is $31,000 a year. It IS a fair amount and vastly more than Welfare.

[

That is a lot of McDonald's. It is still a statistically insignificant sample size. I've been to good and bad fast food places. I blame the managers if there are lots of errors. Either they hired the wrong people or manage them poorly.

This is why the replacement of unskilled workers with Kiosks and automated grills will increase sales and customer satisfaction. The workers will be laid off.

[

This is why the replacement of unskilled workers with Kiosks and automated grills will increase sales and customer satisfaction. The workers will be laid off.

And sales will decline because the customer base will be unemployed.

Forum List

Back