🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

When these leeches starting demanding $15/hour for doing a $5/hour job a few years ago, I did my own experiment at the local McDonalds in the city where I work. I went to the same McDonalds every day in the month of July I worked. It was 21 times. I ordered off the dollar menu. Each time, I would alter the order such as no pickles, extra ketchup, etc. There was a new item on the menu at the time. Since I don't eat pickles or mayo, I ordered it without either one only to be told that it didn't come with either one. When I got it, it had both. Out of the 21 times, 11 times produced an incorrect order. I don't know about you but that's not a good record for those demanding over a 100% pay increase.

That is a lot of McDonald's. It is still a statistically insignificant sample size. I've been to good and bad fast food places. I blame the managers if there are lots of errors. Either they hired the wrong people or manage them poorly.

I didn't eat it just did my experiment.

I went to the same one with the same workers at roughly the same time. It's significant when those same ones make mistakes 11/21 times.

The managers aren't the ones filling the orders. I'm sure you do blame the managers. You're good at blaming the higher level when things go bad and giving credit to the lower level when things go well. Had they done a perfect job, you would have said it was all the workers fault with no mention of management.

Did the managers hire the right person? Did they train them properly? Is the manager staffing them properly? So you want to blame everyone but the person in charge making decent money? Sorry but problems should fall on the manager.

If things had been a 21/21 correct, would you only give managers credit?

You say you make way more than $15/hour. You still haven't proven it, and won't, but you sure sound like one of the whiners that wants that much for nothing.

No. But you can't just blame the workers. The manager isn't good if they are doing bad, that is certain. Even good workers will have issues if they have a bad manager.

Sure I'll post my w2, don't be such an idiot.

Then you've proven that you think bad = manager's fault and good = worker's credit. Quite hypocritical.

If they're good workers, they'll go elsewhere because they're good. If they're bad, it's why things go bad.

You'll make a claim yet won't prove it. Don't be idiot enough to think I believe you.

Your taxes should go down yes. But that would involve politicians doing the right thing.

My taxes should be lower now and could be if those freeloaders in the 50% that haven't paid any would do their part for living in society.

The reason I asked whether or not they would go down is that I knew politicians, specifically Democrats, wouldn't do the right thing.

It would be silly to ask those who are so poor they are on welfare to pay taxes.

It's silly that they think welfare is owed to them. No one owes them a damn thing. If you want them to have it, give them yours voluntarily or they can fucking do without.

They can vote. And as inequality grows they have a bigger say.

So you won't voluntarily do what you say someone else should be forced to do? Not surprised.

Statistically, they don't at about half the level of those of us who actually contribute to society. Like I said before, there are two groups of people. Those that work for a living and contribute to society vs. those who vote for a living and demand society support them.

And inequality is growing.

They'll do just fine. In fact, those McDonald millionaire are taking some of their money and investing it into automation. Some restaurants are virtually employee free. Think of how much they will save by having robots do the work former human employees used to do.

"Every action causes a reaction."
Ray from Cleveland

Yes we know, y'all love fucking Amercan Workers over. Most already know that. It's well-covered ground. No surprise.

How is currently paying someone $7.25/hour for a job requiring $5/hour skills fucking them over?

That's why we can't allow you greedy white Republican dudes to have free reign. You're incapable of doing right. You'll have to be monitored and kept in check. Hopefully Unions will make a big comeback. It's time.

How is paying someone more than their skills are worth wrong?

Greedy white Republicans? Are you suggesting that we should pay you ******* more than you're worth?

Funny how you consider doing right as you thinking, someone that isn't doing the paying, it's your place to dictate how much someone that is doing the paying should pay. It's not your place boy.

What's a fellow human being worth? Who knows? But we do know we can't leave such questions up to you greedy white Republican dudes. You've proven you can't be trusted. Your hate & greed consumes you.

What's a human being worth? About as much money as the next person willing and able to do their job, that's how much.

That is a lot of McDonald's. It is still a statistically insignificant sample size. I've been to good and bad fast food places. I blame the managers if there are lots of errors. Either they hired the wrong people or manage them poorly.

I went to the same one with the same workers at roughly the same time. It's significant when those same ones make mistakes 11/21 times.

The managers aren't the ones filling the orders. I'm sure you do blame the managers. You're good at blaming the higher level when things go bad and giving credit to the lower level when things go well. Had they done a perfect job, you would have said it was all the workers fault with no mention of management.

Did the managers hire the right person? Did they train them properly? Is the manager staffing them properly? So you want to blame everyone but the person in charge making decent money? Sorry but problems should fall on the manager.

You say you make way more than $15/hour. You still haven't proven it, and won't, but you sure sound like one of the whiners that wants that much for nothing.

No. But you can't just blame the workers. The manager isn't good if they are doing bad, that is certain. Even good workers will have issues if they have a bad manager.

Then you've proven that you think bad = manager's fault and good = worker's credit. Quite hypocritical.

If they're good workers, they'll go elsewhere because they're good. If they're bad, it's why things go bad.

You'll make a claim yet won't prove it. Don't be idiot enough to think I believe you.

You have it all wrong. The manager is in charge of hiring, training, staffing levels... The manager is obviously to blame. It is funny how you want to give the manager a pass though.

How do you suggest i prove it dipshit?

Oh, the greedy white Republicans argument because they want to make more money and keep a larger portion of it. Typical.

It's been my personal experience that it has less to do with making more money and more to do with just surviving. Once your competitor moves overseas, many have no choice but to do the same. It's either that or lose most of your customers because you can't compete price-wise with the company that did move overseas.

If that were the case we wouldn't have inflation every year. Prices aren't goin down, the rich just pocket the increased profits.

Inflation has many potential causes. Don't confuse prices going up as being inflation. It's the result and sign inflation has occurred not the cause.

I'm fully aware of what it is. But there is no evidence of his claim. If his claim were true prices would actually be going down. They have not. Companies keep the profits.

Bingo! Either way, greedy white Republican dude is gonna try and fuck a Worker. The U.S. Minimum Wage is an embarrassment to the rest of the world. How can a nation so wealthy, treat its People so poorly? The rest of the world can't understand it.

Oh, you must have interviewed the rest of the world, huh?

Nobody treats their poor better than the United States.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

What a brilliant idea.

mcdonalds_minimum-wage_response.jpg
Actually that only replaces 2 people per shift.

Ya know what it is especially ironic. Your avatar....About government protecting the shit out of the people....Yet you want government to take those batons to business owners to suit your cause.....So it is actually YOU swinging the baton...
Hey genius....Don't be surprise if one day the person you are beating grabs the baton and decides to hit back.

Poor McDonalds Millionaires. Must be rough. I hope they make it.

They'll do just fine. In fact, those McDonald millionaire are taking some of their money and investing it into automation. Some restaurants are virtually employee free. Think of how much they will save by having robots do the work former human employees used to do.

"Every action causes a reaction."
Ray from Cleveland

Yes we know, y'all love fucking Amercan Workers over. Most already know that. It's well-covered ground. No surprise.

How is currently paying someone $7.25/hour for a job requiring $5/hour skills fucking them over?

That's why we can't allow you greedy white Republican dudes to have free reign. You're incapable of doing right. You'll have to be monitored and kept in check. Hopefully Unions will make a big comeback. It's time.

All this talk about greedy white Republicans. If that's the way you feel, why don't you start your own business and pay your workers what you think they should be paid?

Talk is cheap you know.

Slave Owners will not give up their slaves easily. It'll be a fight. Private Sector Unions need to make a big comeback. You can't enter the fight without em. We're living in an age of Corporatism. The Corps have all the power and control.

Strong Unions could provide some balance again. American Workers would be represented. There would be someone in their corner again. I definitely support Private Sector Unions.

Unions in the US can only do one thing: chase more jobs out of the country.

Yes, you greedy white Republican dudes love Outsourcing American Jobs. That's already been well-established. You do it whether there's Unions or not.

Oh, the greedy white Republicans argument because they want to make more money and keep a larger portion of it. Typical.

It's been my personal experience that it has less to do with making more money and more to do with just surviving. Once your competitor moves overseas, many have no choice but to do the same. It's either that or lose most of your customers because you can't compete price-wise with the company that did move overseas.

If that were the case we wouldn't have inflation every year. Prices aren't goin down, the rich just pocket the increased profits.

Sure prices have went down since we started buying products made overseas. You must be a younger person not to realize that.

Unions in the US can only do one thing: chase more jobs out of the country.

Yes, you greedy white Republican dudes love Outsourcing American Jobs. That's already been well-established. You do it whether there's Unions or not.

Sure prices have went down since we started buying products made overseas. You must be a younger person not to realize that.

Show it. Link. Where is the deflation? What is your personal experience? Aren't you a trucker? I have worked for corps, they just keep the profits in most cases.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

What a brilliant idea.

mcdonalds_minimum-wage_response.jpg
Actually that only replaces 2 people per shift.
You are ill informed if that is all you think they are looking at.
http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

Show it. Link. Where is the deflation? What is your personal experience? Aren't you a trucker? I have worked for corps, they just keep the profits in most cases.

I said nothing about deflation. What I said is that prices are cheaper than when we used to make our own products here in the US. Go to a Walmart sometime with an older person and ask them what they think about prices today. Do you really think a 50 foot strand of christmas lights always cost $8.99? Do you think that AM/FM alarm clock radio always cost $15.00?

Back in 1980 I got my first apartment. The only entertainment at that time was a television set. There were no DVD players, cable television, hi-tech video games.....nothing.

So I wanted to buy the best television that I could afford. I purchased a Curtis Mathis 25" console for $1,500.00. Do you know what kind of television set you can buy for $1,500 today? Nothing even comparable. When you go to the store, check out what a 25" television set cost today; just a couple hundred dollars.

Okay, so I went out and bought the best, but even back then a decent 25" color television cost at least $500.00.

So you have no concerns about our slow economy? You realize massive inequality slows an economy right? Do you care out middle class is disappearing?

You do realize that simply handing someone a higher wage isn't the way to improve it?

Let's talk about unequal. I have two master's degrees in my field. That means I've spent thousands upon thousands of hours studying and applying what I've studied in order to earn a higher income. Compare that to the little to nothing someone sweeping floor, emptying trash, and cleaning toilets spent learning something my children have helped do at the house since they were in single digit ages. Since time is money and I've spent much more time than the low skilled worker getting where I am, I don't have a problem make much, much more than they do.

It is a way to improve it.

I assume you make more than minimum wage....

The only thing it furthers is the leech mindset that someone owes you something life. That's never an improvement.

Tell me what about the skills of a person that can only sweep floors, empty trash, and clean toilets or the like is worth $15/hour.

Well I make dramatically more than $15/hr. 15 really isn't very much so yes someone who does those things is worth 15.

Is the problem that you only make 15? You are mad they will make as much as you with little effort? I don't get it.

For the record I would only go to 10.10 and see what happens in the places that went 15.

Let me put it this way: if I made $15.00 per hour and my state increased minimum wage to $15.00 per hour, do you think I would just accept I am now working for minimum wage? Of course not. I would demand my employer pay me at least double.

Employers would have no choice but to honor their workers demands. These are semi-skilled or skilled workers who could walk off the job and work at Burger King for the same money.

How the hell would they afford to pay double? If they could pay that much wouldn't they do so already?

And before some economic illiterate chimes in. Over 80% of companies owned are by small business.

You do realize that simply handing someone a higher wage isn't the way to improve it?

Let's talk about unequal. I have two master's degrees in my field. That means I've spent thousands upon thousands of hours studying and applying what I've studied in order to earn a higher income. Compare that to the little to nothing someone sweeping floor, emptying trash, and cleaning toilets spent learning something my children have helped do at the house since they were in single digit ages. Since time is money and I've spent much more time than the low skilled worker getting where I am, I don't have a problem make much, much more than they do.

It is a way to improve it.

I assume you make more than minimum wage....

The only thing it furthers is the leech mindset that someone owes you something life. That's never an improvement.

Tell me what about the skills of a person that can only sweep floors, empty trash, and clean toilets or the like is worth $15/hour.

Well I make dramatically more than $15/hr. 15 really isn't very much so yes someone who does those things is worth 15.

Is the problem that you only make 15? You are mad they will make as much as you with little effort? I don't get it.

For the record I would only go to 10.10 and see what happens in the places that went 15.

Let me put it this way: if I made $15.00 per hour and my state increased minimum wage to $15.00 per hour, do you think I would just accept I am now working for minimum wage? Of course not. I would demand my employer pay me at least double.

Employers would have no choice but to honor their workers demands. These are semi-skilled or skilled workers who could walk off the job and work at Burger King for the same money.

How the hell would they afford to pay double? If they could pay that much wouldn't they do so already?

And before some economic illiterate chimes in. Over 80% of companies owned are by small business.

Maybe not double, but certainly more substantial than before.

I mean minimum wage is seven something an hour. That means at $15.00 per hour, you are making twice of minimum wage. Why wouldn't you want that after the new minimum wage increase? At the very least, $7.50 more than minimum wage since that's where you were at before.

I said nothing about deflation. What I said is that prices are cheaper than when we used to make our own products here in the US. Go to a Walmart sometime with an older person and ask them what they think about prices today. Do you really think a 50 foot strand of christmas lights always cost $8.99? Do you think that AM/FM alarm clock radio always cost $15.00?

Back in 1980 I got my first apartment. The only entertainment at that time was a television set. There were no DVD players, cable television, hi-tech video games.....nothing.

So I wanted to buy the best television that I could afford. I purchased a Curtis Mathis 25" console for $1,500.00. Do you know what kind of television set you can buy for $1,500 today? Nothing even comparable. When you go to the store, check out what a 25" television set cost today; just a couple hundred dollars.

Okay, so I went out and bought the best, but even back then a decent 25" color television cost at least $500.00.

That really doesn't prove your point. Technologies change obviously. What you are saying was happening without being foreign made.

You have it all wrong. The manager is in charge of hiring, training, staffing levels... The manager is obviously to blame. It is funny how you want to give the manager a pass though.

How do you suggest i prove it dipshit?

The workers are the one that messed up the order. Perhaps the manager, based on the low level mental capacity someone needs to work fast food, did the best he/she could with the shit he was provided to work with.

When things go well, you want to give workers all the credit.

Provide verifiable proof of your claim. I don't care how you do it and long as it's valid and verifiable. You made the claim. You say you're so smart. Surely that's not above the ability of someone who says he makes so much to do. If you won't, that's all I need to know you don't make it.

You still haven't said what about that skill set is worth $15/hour.

That's the problem. Someone, due to their own doing, has low skills. Perhaps they quit school without a high school diploma or really anything. When they can't make it, they think someone owes them something. If someone is in a place due to their own actions, choices, or doing, I don't have a problem letting them go without. They caused their situation and no one else is responsible for offsetting that.

If they were paid $15/hour, are you saying taxes would go down and there would be less taxes? You said yesterday that someone making more would pay taxes. I proved that wasn't necessarily true. What those situations mean is the person is getting more, not paying income taxes, and the taxes on the rest of us are still the same. Tell me where that benefits ME.

I said 15 is very little so why not pay them? If they don't get paid they will make it up in welfare.

Many will pay taxes and many will collect less welfare. I would think 15 would get them off welfare.

You have a business and are considering several states to move to. You have enough jobs for 150 employees at different levels from starting positions to professional. Do you think you would consider a state or city that has a $15.00 minimum wage?

I guarantee you that for most business owners, that city or state would be the first crossed off the list.

Yet that doesn't happen.

It absolutely does happen. If it doesn't happen, why are so many companies moving overseas where things aren't as expensive to operate? The answer is that they are going to go where it's cheaper to operate in order to increase profits. If it happens at that level, what makes you think it doesn't happen at the more local level?

So then our economy is doomed? There will always be much cheaper countries. You just accept we will fail do you?

I accept that you're a failure and anyone that demands $15/hour for a job that has $5 skills.

My taxes should be lower now and could be if those freeloaders in the 50% that haven't paid any would do their part for living in society.

The reason I asked whether or not they would go down is that I knew politicians, specifically Democrats, wouldn't do the right thing.

It would be silly to ask those who are so poor they are on welfare to pay taxes.

It's silly that they think welfare is owed to them. No one owes them a damn thing. If you want them to have it, give them yours voluntarily or they can fucking do without.

They can vote. And as inequality grows they have a bigger say.

So you won't voluntarily do what you say someone else should be forced to do? Not surprised.

Statistically, they don't at about half the level of those of us who actually contribute to society. Like I said before, there are two groups of people. Those that work for a living and contribute to society vs. those who vote for a living and demand society support them.

And inequality is growing.

That's because the inequality between those offering skills and those having none is growing.

I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.
Tell; that to people with skills that are making that wage right now, So hospital workers, Electronic techs and so on will be making the same as unskilled burger flippers?
There are going to to a lot of unhappy employees if the minimum wage goes up to $15 bucks an hour. The current minimum wage in the US is $7.50 so to keep it fair should everyone's wage be doubled? or just add another $7.50 to everyone's current hourly wage?

I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.
Tell; that to people with skills that are making that wage right now, So hospital workers, Electronic techs and so on will be making the same as unskilled burger flippers?
There are going to to a lot of unhappy employees if the minimum wage goes up to $15 bucks an hour. The current minimum wage in the US is $7.50 so to keep it fair should everyone's wage be doubled? or just add another $7.50 to everyone's current hourly wage?
I don't deny your point, but to that I say "tough shit". The good outweighs the bad. Single parents can't survive on less than $15 per hour. In the long run, consumer spending will boom and jobs will be created.

Forum List

Back