Father/Daughter Wedding Dance Choices???

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Well, my middle daughter is getting married on June 7th and I'm suppose to come up with a song/musical choice for the father/daughter dance.

any recommendations out there...I'd prefer a slower dance as a faster dance may prove harmful..heart felt would be my preference..

[ame=http://youtu.be/MOWrfs4Ec7I]My little girl-Tim McGraw w/ Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/SwlAdEnT-do]Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses - YouTube[/ame]

Keep it classy!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ZGKALMMuc].[/ame]

If she's really not Daddy's little girl, then I suggest What The Workd Needs Now or something similar, especially if you are going to have the groom and his mom join you on the dance floor at some point

If she's really not Daddy's little girl, then I suggest What The Workd Needs Now or something similar, especially if you are going to have the groom and his mom join you on the dance floor at some point

Let's not get off track here, definitely Dad's wonderful daughter..

Well, my middle daughter is getting married on June 7th and I'm suppose to come up with a song/musical choice for the father/daughter dance.

any recommendations out there...I'd prefer a slower dance as a faster dance may prove harmful..heart felt would be my preference..

With all the strife and uncertainty in the world, it is comforting and encouraging to know that there still are young people who are eager to face the future with hope, commitment and courage. My sincerest best wishes for your little girl and her guy.

With all the strife and uncertainty in the world, it is comforting and encouraging to know that there still are young people who are eager to face the future with hope, commitment and courage. My sincerest best wishes for your little girl and her guy.

Thank You.. my daughter turned out rather traditional and rather good at choosing an exceptional mate. Good provider and a big heart. I'm fairly certain that they will have exceptional marriage and a good life together.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aZcRH2V_Cfs]Michael Bublé - Daddy's Little Girl - YouTube[/ame]

I think this tune addresses the issue of a father giving away his now grown daughter in marriage

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL-fwRsEdc]Harry Belafonte - TURN AROUND - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Heartfelt is gonna have to come from you Lumpy. I hate to do this to ya but maybe you could spend some time relecting and then pin down the essence of your relationship with your daughter and go from there. In times like these it's the words --not " it's got a good beat and easy to dance to I give it a 9 " type of stuff. What have you always wanted here to know but never really said ?

Lumpy 1, how HAPPY I am for you and your daughter and both families. I know what a grand dad you have tried to be and how much your family means to you. I know, also, you can be a sentimental kind of guy and with that in mind, I choose this song for you to consider:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKCyUe4syc4]Natalie Cole LIVE - Unforgettable - YouTube[/ame]

Let's not get off track here, definitely Dad's wonderful daughter..

I apologize if that's how you took my post. I'm sure she is quite wonderful. I have a great relationship with my father, but I've never been "daddy's little girl" and I was 33 when I got married, so there was that to consider as well. I really was just trying to be helpful.

I also suggest having the dance just between father and daughter. I think it is very sweet for the two to have a special dance just for them. Same thing for the groom and his mother.

Heartfelt is gonna have to come from you Lumpy. I hate to do this to ya but maybe you could spend some time relecting and then pin down the essence of your relationship with your daughter and go from there. In times like these it's the words --not " it's got a good beat and easy to dance to I give it a 9 " type of stuff. What have you always wanted here to know but never really said ?

Over the years you hear music/songs that effect your soul to it's depth and would say exactly what you want to say perfectly at a particular moment in time to someone you love. Sooo you commit this song to memory, big mistake when it comes to my memory...:eusa_doh:

Call it lazy, call it lazy again but I was kinda hoping a fellow member had also experienced this reaction to a song, felt it fit my situation and would post it. I might add that my brain is straining, also..sheesh.

I have a tendency to say exactly how I feel, both good and bad, to family and friends. When I give them my goofy looks they don't seem to understand, so it's easier...:popcorn:

Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World".

Stevie Wonder "Isn't She Lovely".

John Mayer "Daughters".

Here's a link with many choices from various musical genres.

Non-sappy father/daughter dance songs | Offbeat Bride

Congarats to your daughter, Lumpy!

Great link,thanks I am giving our oldest away on 8/3 this summer, classic rock is perfect She's a rainbow by the stones is the front runner for now just so many to choose from. Its special our middle daughter was married a few summers back hard not to tear up even for an old grumpy Guss like me.

Was listening to the John Michael Murphy song

Life's a dance

Not bad

What about Unchained Melody, especially an instrumental version?

Not sure it would work for a slow dance, but possibly Billy Joel's Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)? (Where he's singing to his daughter.)

Last wedding I went to, they...well, here's what they did.

Wedding march: Billy Joel's Storm Front. (Everyone said they were a bad match...the song's message is, "I know I shouldn't do it, but dammit, I'm going out anyway!")
Father-daughter and mother-son dance was to a classical piece (a waltz) I didn't recognize.
Next dance was the parents: an instrumental version of Unchained Melody...a great version, where the vocal track was played on what sounded like a piccolo.
During this dance, the bride & groom changed: he ditched the tux & came out in shirt & tie, she took off the wedding gown in favor of a short, tight, low-cut white cocktail dress, white stockings, and white pumps. Their first dance was to Brian Setzer's Jump, Jive, an' Wail. :D
The reception ended with Billy Joel's This Night.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back