'Boiling with anger': Social media erupts after Trump Q&A disaster with Black reporters

Former President Donald Trump's appearance at the National Association of Black Journalists Convention on Wednesday was met with fierce backlash on social media, after the former president ranted off-topic for much of the discussion, and complained that the microphones weren't working.

In addition to insulting the Black journalists who interviewed him, the MAGA hopeful also claimed not to know the race of his opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, whose mother was Indian, and whose father is Jamaican.

Responding to whether he will denounce Republicans who claim Harris is a "DEI hire," Trump said the vice president "was Indian all the way, and then all of a sudden, she made a turn and she went, she became a Black person."

MSNBC's Symone Sanders wrote via X: "Okay people let’s not just repeat Donald Trump’s claims about Vice President Harris without saying what he said about the VP is both false and rooted in racism."

Ex-Trump communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin commented: "These comments won’t just hurt him with the black community. Most Americans (but apparently not Trump!) understand the concept of being biracial and that to talk this way about anyone’s race is offensive."

Washington Post columnist Karen Attiah emphasized: "Room is boiling with anger and disappointment right now."

Speaking to other issues Trump was asked about, NPR investigative correspondent Tom Dreisbach noted: "Trump says he would pardon Jan. 6 rioters convicted of assaulting police, because 'they were convicted by a very, very tough system.' Approximately 140 officers were injured that day."

Just can't hide it when you are a racist.

He just can't help himself, now watch the racist flock here to defend him.
Trump comes from a family of racists, and it could well be his undoing among millions of non-bigoted voters:

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020

"In fact, the very first time Trump appeared in the pages of the New York Times, back in the 1970s, was when the US Department of Justice sued him for racial discrimination. Since then, he has repeatedly appeared in newspaper pages across the world as he inspired more similar controversies."

The feeling is mutual. I don’t think you are an authority to assess my fiscal conservatism other than your specious opinion that both parties are the same.

Both spend more money than we have.

Both add to the debt at pretty close the same levels

Neither will cut spending to save their lives

Tell me the policies and bills that Biden signed that caused high gas prices and record inflation.

That was answered (at least once) by me. You ignore and spew the same every thread. You sucketh massive dishonest black crank. Get off the boards you needless posting goofball.

IDIDOT. "THEY" are 90% D. "THEY" are Deep State uni-party. Look at you with no decency to keep posting BS for nickles while your wife works long hard hours. You are shamefully dishonest.

That was answered (at least once) by me. You ignore and spew the same every thread. You sucketh massive dishonest black crank. Get off the boards you needless posting goofball.
You think you can hide by changing threads? I guess this website houses terrorists ie you now.

I believe it's called research and collecting data and doing an analysis on that data, have you done that?

Trump rode off of Pres. Obama's economy his first 2 yrs and than left Biden a pile of shit.

Tell me the policies and bills that Biden signed that caused high gas prices and record inflation.
Sir, I have done research and then some. Have you other than what Pew said? What data did Pew provide?

There are policies from Biden-Harris impacting energy prices:

*EPA gas distribution rules
  • Restricting or hindering projects (ANWAR, Keystone)
  • Rejoining the Paris Accords
  • Raising Taxes on Natural Gas
  • New regulations on power companies

For inflation, their signature Inflation Reduction Act did anything but reduce inflation. It was a massive spend by Democrats which exacerbated the impact of global inflation.

You accuse me of kissing white folks ass and demand I site data to back my claims. I suggest you stop taking what your dear party leaders say as gospel and get independent data and an understanding of economics. Be accountable.

That’s a start. While both are irresponsible about adding to the debt, Republicans are more amenable to cutting spending. Democrats and liberals consider a 7 percent increase for an agency’s budget on a 12 percent increase to be a “cut”. There is nothing fiscally conservative about that logic.

Republicans are more amenable to cutting spending.

They talk about it more, they never actually do it. What they do is move money from one Dept to a different Dept and call that cutting spending

Democrats and liberals consider a 7 percent increase for an agency’s budget on a 12 percent increase to be a “cut”. There is nothing fiscally conservative about that logic.

So do Republicans.

Thus my view there is no difference when it comes to fiscal matters

Listen guys, I watch a lot of black videos. I will find out if there was any offended blacks. Hopefully there wasn't :)
HAHAHA I TOLD YOU! I just got this one 2 hours old. They are FURIOUS at Kamala. They call her CHICKENSHIT and she never showed up!

They said she was disrepectful to Trump!
Share this video! They all are! Love it!

Wow! In that video a guy is saying the REASON it was 35 minutes late is because they were stalling, hoping Trump would not hang around there.... but he did! So this journal group had issues right off the bat but America was watching it LIVE and commenting on the LOVE they feel for Trump! They disrespected him (journalists) but he stood strong said the black viewers!

Also in this video Kamala is on a cooking show and told the girl she is "Indian" LOL! She changes her race for the reasons and the seasons.

Forum List

Back