faux Varney: Overtime pay isn’t fair to companies because it makes employee's greedy

Business can be concerned with profit and the employee not with his salary or wage?

Overtime pay is fine as long as used sparingly. Otherwise employees slack off thinking they can use overtime.

Business can be concerned with profit and the employee not with his salary or wage?

How can a business person not be concerned with the wages of the people that make them all of their money? Are typical business people that uncaring?

It's the decision of the business to have an employee work overtime, that's it. If the employee has somehow found a way to force the business to do so -- which I'm sure is rare -- well, that's the problem of the business. It's the responsibility of the business to monitor (or have managers monitor) employees' work so that such a thing doesn't happen, that employees are putting their paid time to good use.

Varney is an absolutist and tough to watch. Absolutists say dumb things like this. Overtime is overtime, baby.

What I've found is that companies that use overtime exceedingly are usually ones that are badly managed.

Overtime should be a contingency for when you have a spike in work. If an employee is working overtime all the time, it means that the company has made the decision that paying time and a half for four employees is a cheaper proposition than hiring a fifth employee, and frankly, that's kind of bad management.

Where did Varney use the word "greedy"? I didn't see it in the editorial by Raw Story.

According to Varney, paying bills and living is greedy. What a piece of shit.

Fox host: Overtime pay isn?t fair to companies because it makes employees too greedy | The Raw Story

It's obvious you're not intelligent enough to understand where he's coming from. You people are beyond stupid.
Since you're so smart...why don't you break it down for us?

Try reading the article and think for yourself.

Overtime pay is fine as long as used sparingly. Otherwise employees slack off thinking they can use overtime.

That is exactly correct.

Compare the use of overtime at companies which pay for extra hours worked to the use of overtime at companies that offer comp time at one and a half times the hours worked.

Forum List

Back