Favorite or most cool movie scenes!

In the days before CGI, you had legendary Hollywood stunt pilots like Frank Tallman risk their lives to make a 7 second shot work. He only had inches to spare on each side of the billboard.

The billboard that the twin-engine Beechcraft flies through was made of thin balsa wood, except for a thicker frame for support. Stunt pilot Frank Tallman had to fly the aircraft directly through the center of the billboard or the thicker frame would shear off a wing. The billboard was located in Irvine, at what is now the intersection of Interstate 405 and Hwy 133 (Laguna Canyon), near Lion Country Safari, just east of John Wayne Airport. They had practiced with paper signs, but used balsa wood for the actual movie stunt. The wood stopped one engine and the other was sputtering enough that the plane barely made it back to John Wayne airport.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963) - Trivia - IMDb

Opening of Steven Spielberg's 1989 "Always" with Richard Dryfuss and Holly Hunter. "Always" was Audrey Hepburn's last movie before dying of cancer. "Always" is a remake of the 1943 movie "A Guy Named Joe" with Spencer Tracy and Irene Dunne. The two movies are great to watch back-to-back perhaps with lunch or dinner in between for a break.

I do love to watch Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon movies. :D :D :D

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I love to watch Danny get onto Mel after Mel jumps off of the building with that man who was contemplating suicide. :D :D :D

I do love to watch Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon movies. :D :D :D

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I love to watch Danny get onto Mel after Mel jumps off of the building with that man who was contemplating suicide. :D :D :D

That was a great part!

What I love is when Danny says to Mel, "You want to kill yourself? Go ahead!" and then he is like, "Put it in your mouth! Maybe it will come out your ear!" and then when he sees that Mel isn't playing, he is like, "You really are crazy!" and Mel is like, "I'm hungry. I'm going to get something to eat." :D :D :D

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

"That's some catch that Catch 22"

Good scene but somebody has to remake that movie. I don't know what went wrong. The Director, Mike Nichols ("The Graduate", "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf", "Carnal Knowledge", "Charlie Wilson's War") was maybe the best comedy director of his day. The cast were all "A list", For the time they spent a lot of money and it showed technically. Buck Henry was one of the most talented writers in Hollywood - he wrote "The Graduate". His screenplay was faithful to Heller's best-selling satirical novel. Some critics said maybe too faithful. The straight across translation didn't bring any of the power to create magic that film has to the story. What should have been an Alice through the looking glass romp through crazy town hardly reached its suburbs. With everything going for it the movie never reached the levels of hysterical surreality in Heller's book, the novel drew you into an alternate Universe where the insane and outrageous were everyday life.

I'd loved to see Tarantino bring his crazed comic book/anime vision of the world to this novel and see what novelty he could conjure up. Or maybe Tim Burton, damn, that's a good idea. The "Beetlejuice" Director might be the perfect match, surreality is his forté.

Forum List

Back