FBI Investigating Whether ‘Materially False’ Statements Given In Hillary Email Probe

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

Report: FBI Investigating Whether ‘Materially False’ Statements Given In Hillary Email Probe
The FBI has expanded its investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server and is now looking into whether “materially false” statements were given to federal agents, Fox News is reporting.

Sources familiar with the investigation told Fox News that agents are focusing on U.S. Code 18, Section 1001 which governs “materially false” statements made in writing, orally or through a third party. The section could apply to Clinton, her aides or her attorneys if they made any misleading or false statements about her emails which caused federal agents to expend more resources and time on the investigation.

Violations of the code are punishable by up to five years in prison.

Politico reported earlier this week that the FBI has ramped up its investigation. While the probe was initially characterized as a fact-finding inquiry, one former FBI official told the news outlet that it now resembles a “full-blown investigation.” The FBI is now interviewing State Department officials about whether classified information was mishandled on Clinton’s homebrew email setup. The agency has also requested documents from tech companies that Clinton hired to manage her email system.

Last week, it was revealed that Clinton and two of her top aides, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, had signed nondisclosure agreements pertaining to the handling of classified information just days after taking office in Jan. 2009.

Signing those documents could have ramifications for the trio.

That undermines a claim Clinton has made while defending her use of her off-the-books email system. She’s repeatedly stated that she did not receive any emails that were “marked” classified when they were sent or received. The nondisclosure agreement seemingly nullifies Clinton’s defense.

(RELATED: Document Completely Undermines Hillary’s Classified Email Defense)

Many of the emails Clinton sent and received contain foreign government information which the federal government considers to be classified upon origination.

Clinton signed another nondisclosure agreement government the most sensitive type of classified information, “top secret/sensitive compartmented information,” or TS/SCI. In doing so, Clinton acknowledged “that the unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of SCI by me could cause irreparable injury to the United States or be used to advantage by a foreign nation.”

Clinton did not turn her work-related State Department emails over to the agency until December, nearly two years after leaving office.

Report: FBI Investigating Whether ‘Materially False’ Statements Given In Hillary Email Probe

So who said that Hillary wasn’t being investigated, just her server? It looks like not only Hillary, but Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills could be facing time as well.

The FBI has expanded its investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server and is now looking into whether “materially false” statements were given to federal agents, Fox News is reporting.

Sources familiar with the investigation told Fox News that agents are focusing on U.S. Code 18, Section 1001 which governs “materially false” statements made in writing, orally or through a third party. The section could apply to Clinton, her aides or her attorneys if they made any misleading or false statements about her emails which caused federal agents to expend more resources and time on the investigation.

Politico reported earlier this week that the FBI has ramped up its investigation. While the probe was initially characterized as a fact-finding inquiry, one former FBI official told the news outlet that it now resembles a “full-blown investigation.” The FBI is now interviewing State Department officials about whether classified information was mishandled on Clinton’s homebrew email setup. The agency has also requested documents from tech companies that Clinton hired to manage her email system.

Last week, it was revealed that Clinton and two of her top aides, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, had signed nondisclosure agreements pertaining to the handling of classified information just days after taking office in Jan. 2009.

That undermines a claim Clinton has made while defending her use of her off-the-books email system. She’s repeatedly stated that she did not receive any emails that were “marked” classified when they were sent or received. The nondisclosure agreement seemingly nullifies Clinton’s defense.

Many of the emails Clinton sent and received contain foreign government information which the federal government considers to be classified upon origination.

Clinton signed another nondisclosure agreement government the most sensitive type of classified information, “top secret/sensitive compartmented information,” or TS/SCI. In doing so, Clinton acknowledged “that the unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of SCI by me could cause irreparable injury to the United States or be used to advantage by a foreign nation.”

Clinton did not turn her work-related State Department emails over to the agency until December, nearly two years after leaving office.

So who said that Hillary wasn’t being investigated, just her server? It looks like not only Hillary, but Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills could be facing time as well.

A 3 month old story...you're quick on the uptick again I see, Jackie.

:lol:

Just wanted to give you a heads up for the campaign ads...

More recent storie are even worse.
http://nypost.com/2016/01/24/hillarys-team-copied-intel-off-top-secret-server-to-email/

"Actually, Clinton is not under FBI investigation. The inquiry to which Bush refers revolves around the private email server Clinton used while serving as secretary of state. And it is not a criminal investigation."

Here's what's wrong with Jeb Bush saying Hillary Clinton is under FBI investigation
Right. Her staff is under investigation. Her use of the server is under invetigation. The handling of classified material is under investigation.
But none of that has anything to do with Hillary. Right?

Good luck, chuckles...

imagesqtbnANd9GcRx7bByIhll3WHYn64WQ.jpg

If I were a low level flunky associated with Mrs. Clinton I would be shaking in my boots right now. Praying that I am not the one asked to become the sacrificial lamb.

The FBI is investigating whether members of Hillary Clinton’s inner circle “cut and pasted” material from the government’s classified network so that it could be sent to her private email address, former State Department security officials say.
The two systems — the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) and the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) — are not connected to the unclassified system, known as the Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet). You cannot email from one system to the other, though you can use NIPRNet to send emails outside the government.
Somehow, highly classified information from SIPRNet, as well as even the super-secure JWICS, jumped from those closed systems to the open system and turned up in at least 1,340 of Clinton’s home emails — including several the CIA earlier this month flagged as containing ultra-secret Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Programs, a subset of SCI.
SAP includes “dark projects,” such as drone operations, while SCI protects intelligence sources and methods.

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg
Top aide Huma Abedin sent emails containing classified materials to Hillary, according to intelligence agency reviewers.
Phot
ohttp://nypost.com/2016/01/24/hillarys-team-copied-intel-off-top-secret-server-to-email/
: Reuters

If I were a low level flunky associated with Mrs. Clinton I would be shaking in my boots right now. Praying that I am not the one asked to become the sacrificial lamb.
I think one or both will have to turn on Hillary.

Oops.
Hillary is toast. There is so much there she cannot escape it.
soon to be president hillary,,,I love the way she scares your yarmulka off
I suspect the FBI will recommend prosecution for Hillary, but she won't be indicted. Too big of a chance that staunch Democrats would be on a Washington DC Grand jury.

Oops.
Hillary is toast. There is so much there she cannot escape it.
soon to be president hillary,,,I love the way she scares your yarmulka off
I suspect the FBI will recommend prosecution for Hillary, but she won't be indicted. Too big of a chance that staunch Democrats would be on a Washington DC Grand jury.
yeah Those 1 way juries are a bitch ...ask Zimmerman
You mean Zimmerman who was acquitted because his actions satisfied the definition of justifiable homicide by reason of self defense?

Forum List

Back