FBI searches homes of NYC police boss, 3 top mayoral deputies

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Seems the FBI do the work the Canadian authorities should do to our local police agencies. All have to follow the rules in the U.S, this is vital for a functioning democracy that citizens trust and for which innovation reigns.

NEW YORK (AP) — FBI agents this week searched the homes of New York City's police commissioner and at least three top deputies to New York Mayor Eric Adams, according to people familiar with the matter.

FBI agents seized electronic devices Wednesday from the homes of Philip Banks, the deputy mayor for public safety; Timothy Pearson, a mayoral adviser and former high-ranking New York Police Department official; and First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright, said two people who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation.

One of them said agents also seized devices from Police Commissioner Edward Caban's home.

The searches add to a roster of investigative activity around Adams's administration, his campaign and the first-term Democrat himself. He has received subpoenas and had his electronics seized in the inquiry.

Federal authorities haven't accused him or any of his officials of any crimes, and Adams, a retired police captain, has denied any wrongdoing.

“I have been clear that my message throughout my public life is to follow the law,” Adams said Thursday evening on Fox 5 New York TV.

He told reporters earlier at City Hall that if the administration has information that’s needed, it will be turned over, “and I’m going to continue to be the mayor of the City of New York.”

Seems the FBI do the work the Canadian authorities should do to our local police agencies. All have to follow the rules in the U.S, this is vital for a functioning democracy that citizens trust and for which innovation reigns.

NEW YORK (AP) — FBI agents this week searched the homes of New York City's police commissioner and at least three top deputies to New York Mayor Eric Adams, according to people familiar with the matter.

FBI agents seized electronic devices Wednesday from the homes of Philip Banks, the deputy mayor for public safety; Timothy Pearson, a mayoral adviser and former high-ranking New York Police Department official; and First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright, said two people who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation.

One of them said agents also seized devices from Police Commissioner Edward Caban's home.

The searches add to a roster of investigative activity around Adams's administration, his campaign and the first-term Democrat himself. He has received subpoenas and had his electronics seized in the inquiry.

Federal authorities haven't accused him or any of his officials of any crimes, and Adams, a retired police captain, has denied any wrongdoing.

“I have been clear that my message throughout my public life is to follow the law,” Adams said Thursday evening on Fox 5 New York TV.

He told reporters earlier at City Hall that if the administration has information that’s needed, it will be turned over, “and I’m going to continue to be the mayor of the City of New York.”
When a Democrat Mayor speaks ill of the Democrat President, bad things are going to happen in this banana republic.

When a Democrat Mayor speaks ill of the Democrat President, bad things are going to happen in this banana republic.

Well there has to be more to this.

If Canadas if oversight agencies actually did their job there would be consequences for those who abuse the rights of others while they are in positions of power.

Forum List

Back