Fed says Obamacare is costing jobs

BS- The problem is the ongoing Pub BS disfunction/debt ceiling crisis, which ONLY stalls the recovery, the ONLY thing that will end these problems. O-care hasn't STARTED yet.

Any indirect problem is caused by nonstop BS Pub fear mongering and the dupes who believe it.

You know your problem is you have NO idea what is involved here!
For example insurance premiums. Do you think these premiums are just made up? Do you think that come Jan 2014 insurance companies will say OK.. we need to figure what we're going to charge!
IDIOT it takes planning!
So for example the experts that determine based on hundreds of factors have told people that when 2014 /Obamacare starts.
THEY HAVE ALREADY calculated and the updating of rate charts,sales material etc.. and this is what the actuaries..."experts" have said will happen:
A nationwide study conducted by Milliman Inc. for the Society of Actuaries found that nationwide the premiums in the individual market would increase from 8 to 37 percent in 2014 with a cumulative increase of as much as 122 percent between 2013 and 2017!!!

Take the time like I did download from the Society of Actuaries SOA - Society of Actuaries - Design and Implementation Considerations of ACA Risk Mitigation Programs
health insurance premiums will increase 122%!
Do you understand this is why people are concerned TODAY!!

Masscare and every other modern country proves it works. The CBO and actuaries don't do cost savings that haven't happened yet. If you have a problem with part of it, write your bought off moron GOP rep. What happened to the national exchange they wanted when they were using delaying tactics back in 2009? Or their malpractice ideas? The truth is they love their Big Health and Pharma giant profits and scam coverage....

Sorry about your free toothpaste, but Medicare Advantage is a huge giveaway for the more wealthy, with no health advantages worth the money.

The report also said that lower government spending was costing jobs.

Yeah. Government jobs. Who cares. Government workers don't produce anything.
Also, contract workers that would not be employed but for their government contract are also losing jobs. Again, so what. If those workers function is non-essential, then their funding is discretionary.
Federal spending and taxation TAKES from the real engine of our economy, the private sector.

BS- The problem is the ongoing Pub BS disfunction/debt ceiling crisis, which ONLY stalls the recovery, the ONLY thing that will end these problems. O-care hasn't STARTED yet.

Any indirect problem is caused by nonstop BS Pub fear mongering and the dupes who believe it.

So the Fed is wrong,but you project the Fed's wrongness onto the group you hate,ya that works for most nut cases.

Frankie hates Republicans?......i bet he will tell you he doesn't....and that many of his friends are Republicans.....

So what.. instead of spending an hour on-line at the DMV while 12 workers sit on their hands, I'll spend an hour standing on-line at the DMV while 8 workers sit on their hands.

Fuck 'em.

Masscare and every other modern country proves it works. The CBO and actuaries don't do cost savings that haven't happened yet. If you have a problem with part of it, write your bought off moron GOP rep. What happened to the national exchange they wanted when they were using delaying tactics back in 2009? Or their malpractice ideas? The truth is they love their Big Health and Pharma giant profits and scam coverage....

Sorry about your free toothpaste, but Medicare Advantage is a huge giveaway for the more wealthy, with no health advantages worth the money.

Frankie what if your Rep is a bought off moron DNC rep?....:eusa_eh:

Sad for the governemnt workers..

But lower corporate spending would cost corporate workers their jobs as well.

It is what it is.

When one takes a job, nothing is guaranteed.

So what.. instead of spending an hour on-line at the DMV while 12 workers sit on their hands, I'll spend an hour standing on-line at the DMV while 8 workers sit on their hands.

Fuck 'em.

make an appointment.....:eusa_angel:

If only... the good news is.. the state of LA has subbed some of this out to an insurance company.. they do everything from plates to DL's.. you can be in and out in a fraction of the time... and they don't charge that much more.

Go figure..

Fuck 'em.

I tired that once.

The line for those with appointments was as long as the lkine for those without.

The best?

I needed to replace my SS card after the local floods here on LI.

There were two lines.

One for those that spoke spanish and one for those that spoke English.

The line for those that spoke spanish was half the length...and I speak it as a second language...so I went on that line.

When it was my turn, I was turned away beucase it was a line reserved for those that were Hispanic. It had nothing to do with "language".

I asked them "wtf is that all about" and I was told I would have to leave the primises if I do not go on my designated line and keep quiet.

Go figure.

Fuck 'em.

I tired that once.

The line for those with appointments was as long as the lkine for those without.

The best?

There were two lines.

The line for those that spoke spanish was half the length...and I speak it as a second language...so I went on that line.

When it was my turn, I was turned away beucase it was a line reserved for those that were Hispanic. It had nothing to do with "language".

I asked them "wtf is that all about" and I was told I would have to leave the primises if I do not go on my designated line and keep quiet.

Go figure.

Whitey needs to learn his place.

:eusa_hand:

I tired that once.

The best?

There were two lines.

Go figure.

Whitey needs to learn his place.

:eusa_hand:

It was blatant discrimination. The "Spanish line" had 2 windows and the "non spansh line had one window.....and I was not allowed to use the spanish line beaucse I was not hispanic. I understand from a "language" standpoint...but racial makeup? That is dsicrimination...and it is supported by the federal government.

ANd I was threatened by the guard when I tried to speak my mind. He actually grabbed my arm and told me to get on line or leave...and if I were to speak aloud again, he would have me arrested for disturbing the peace.

Fuck 'em.

I tired that once.

The best?

There were two lines.

Go figure.
Only in the People's Republic of New York. Where political correctness is now a way of life.
I made the mistake of going to the DMV closest to my home to get my license replaced. The greeter they had there was a woman that did not speak English. As I discovered, she was hired by the DMV contractor to communicate with the illegals who at that point and time could get a driver's license by simply showing their Metricula COnsular Card, this is no longer legal. Anyway, I wanted to ask a question. This woman refused to Speak English to me.
I got the attention of one of the State officers. I asked him to help me. He said to wait on line. I was shocked. Here they have a greeter that either refused to speak English or could not and a State Employee who refused to answer my question. Naturally I was pissed. I asked the officer to stand there a moment while I called the main office in the state Capitol. He looked at me and asked why I was calling them. I told him in no uncertain terms that customer service was inadequate and I was going to get someone on the phone to speak to him. He told me I should just keep quiet and wait or i would be asked to leave.
I looked at him and told him he was going to lose that battle. And that all he had to do was answer a simple question. I did get some one on the phone. Amazing.
This moron's response was I could not use a cell phone. I said, you are wrong. Cell phones are banned from the testing area. Not the lobby.
He stormed off in a huff. Anyway, I got my question answered and left.
I got my duplicate license from another office 25 mins down the road. I was in and out in 15 minutes.
The point is, the PC powers that be are so afraid of being labeled racist that they will bend over backwards even though the people they are kowtowing to are here illegally.

You are an economic illiterate. Increases in demand only cause a move up the supply curve when prices increase. If prices controls and cuts are put in place, a la ObamaCare, there is no incentive for new suppliers to enter the market.

Nor will the ObamaCare taxes create an environment which shifts out the Supply Curve.

demand_supply_curve.gif

If picture book economics worked Alan Greenspan would be a living God.

Demand is the key, no question about it. But not all demand is equal.

Take a minute to gather your wits then try again to convince us demand for health care is likely to decrease as tens of millions of baby boomers enter geezerhood in the next twenty years.

IN sum, you lecturing me on economics is about the same thing as Bill Clinton lecturing the Pope on integrity. Top people know what they don't know. You can get there, and you can count on my help.

You are an economically illiterate moron. It's a complete and utter waste of time to attempt to discuss economic principles with you.

So, toodles!

"Toodles" is probably a lie coming from you, nonetheless it is the most literate sentence you have written in my time here. What tickles me about people like you - besides the bovine attitude toward facts (you won't get that so let me explain: cattle don't worry much about facts) - is that you will stand in line to be ripped off as long as the ripper is wrapped in the flag and knows a Bible story or two.

How do you think people like me feel dealing with people who believe the earth is six thousand years old and that NeoCon Ron was a fiscal conservative warrior?

Spoiler alert: (((Amused)))

boedicca is smitten with the illness of mental misrecognition. It affects many loony reactionaries.

Here is an excellent discussion of her affliction, that causes her to rival Sean and Rush and Glenn for loony princess of the reactionary right.

http://ptw.uchicago.edu/Schiff09.pdf

I concluded the last chapter by pointing out that bad faith, while in some sense
essential to human existence, takes a great deal of work to maintain. Thus, like
thoughtlessness, it must constantly threaten us with exhaustion. How, then, to account for
its persistence? In this chapter I turn to a final disposition—misrecognition—to account
more fully for the stubborn persistence of bad faith. However, the peculiar character of
misrecognition seems simultaneously to open up new possibilities for overcoming
barriers to responsiveness and acknowledging connections between our everyday lives
and broader conditions and events in the world. Accordingly, the central questions for
this chapter are: How does the phenomenon of misrecognition further complicate the
cultivation of responsiveness? How might it nonetheless make the problem of
responsiveness more tractable? How and to what extent might we overcome
misrecognition in order to cultivate responsiveness?

so you can't dispute what she say so you resort the childish accusations?

Fuck 'em.

I don't think you need to license a Rascal, so your anxiety is misplaced.

Driving the demand for services will drive the supply of personnel.

Win Win, QWB.

Another stunning lack of insight as to how the world works by MittFan#1 JakeThefake.

Maybe in a market not near absolutely drowning in Government Regulation it would create more jobs. But then again, it was not about creating jobs, it was about lowing costs, something else that Obama failed on near immeasurable leaves to do with Obamacare.

Let's say an entrepreneur after working hard for decades has acquired 10 Papa Johns Pizza franchises in a major metro area. He is well over the 50 employee limit, so now he has to provide health care to his full time employees or be subject to the $2,000 annual penalty per employee.

But a guy across town who is less successful, just got his second Papa Johns franchise. Because he is under the 50 employee limit, he doesn't have to pay health care or the penalty.

How does the big guy compete with the little guy?

Forum List

Back