Federal Court Blocks “Racially Exclusive” Grant Program Available Only to Black Women

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
More lawlessness by the Biden junta gets shot down. Shockingly, one judge disagreed, but that one is an Obama appointee who used 'standing', the last refuge of scoundrels.

Biden has lost how many cases in Federal court now? Just a growing number of them.

Biden is an utter disgrace.

A federal appeals court blocked a grant program Monday that is only open to black, female business owners.

The Eleventh Circuit ruled 2-1 that the Atlanta-based venture capital fund grant program likely violates a federal law that prohibits discriminating based on race when entering or enforcing contracts, stating that the public interest is well served by “ensuring racial equality in contracting.” The American Alliance for Equal Rights (AAER) sued the Fearless Fund in August to challenge its “Fearless Strivers Grant Contest,” which awards $20,000 quarterly grants to small businesses founded by black women.

“Although Fearless will presumably need to change its contest rules to bring itself into compliance with § 1981, that burden pales in comparison to the interest in rooting out race discrimination in all forms,” Judge Kevin Newsom, a Trump appointee, wrote for the majority.

The appeals court found that the Alliance had standing to bring the lawsuit. It also held that the Fearless Fund is “substantially unlikely to enjoy First Amendment protection” for its program.

AAER’s lawsuit came as corporate diversity policies began facing increased scrutiny after the Supreme Court’s decision last term to strike down affirmative action in college admissions. A district court judge declined to block the program in September.

"standing" is a bullshit argument.
A judge has no business using that.
Activists do not belong on any court.

All those minority and women tax breaks are bogus.

Many small companies are showing women as the owners to fleece the taxpayer through the tax breaks they get which amounts to unfair competition. Damn near all builders have their wives listed as owners.

I was looking into the contractor that's buying my mom's house/lot.....Minority business with the owner listed as a woman.....I knew that when they made an offer under the listing price and told them no, full price/as is or nothing.

I'd like to know what tax breaks they are getting to undercut other businesses.

All those minority and women tax breaks are bogus.

Many small companies are showing women as the owners to fleece the taxpayer through the tax breaks they get which amounts to unfair competition. Damn near all builders have their wives listed as owners.

I was looking into the contractor that's buying my mom's house/lot.....Minority business with the owner listed as a woman.....I knew that when they made an offer under the listing price and told them no, full price/as is or nothing.

I'd like to know what tax breaks they are getting to undercut other businesses.
I knew a black man who started a small government contracting business and it went gangbusters for 8 years during the time he got favoritism, but when the favoritism period expired, he couldn’t land a comtract and he was laying people off. He came to me and asked if I would like to be named the owner, and promised me that he would still run the business and I wouldn’t have to do a thing - and he offered me a lot of money.

I turned it down, of course. I have morals. I’m a Republican.

Biden has lost how many cases in Federal court now? Just a growing number of them.

Biden is an utter disgrace.

This case has nothing to do with Biden nor the Fed Govt. The Fearless Foundation is a private charity/venture capital fund, not a Govt program.

Last edited:
I have to say I have no issue with a private, venture capital firm giving away money to only a specified group. I do not care what group they are giving it to, it could be to nothing but white dudes and I would not care.

I knew a black man who started a small government contracting business and it went gangbusters for 8 years during the time he got favoritism, but when the favoritism period expired, he couldn’t land a comtract and he was laying people off. He came to me and asked if I would like to be named the owner, and promised me that he would still run the business and I wouldn’t have to do a thing - and he offered me a lot of money.

I turned it down, of course. I have morals. I’m a Republican.
LOL, talk about pulling a bullshit story out your ass. Why would any black man come and ask a white racist like you to be the owner of his company.

Good.

If you want to be equal then you can't have special treatment and attention.

Being truly equal means you have to get by on your own merit, intelligence, ambition, desire and fortitude. Somehow some people think being equal means we all get the same things regardless of whether we deserve or earned them or not.

The strongest society is one that lets everyone rise to the level of their ambition and rewards the smartest, strongest willed, most successful and capable people. We used to have that back when our common motto was "may the best man win".

Forum List

Back