Federal government forces parents to get doctor's note to feed their children.

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
“I have received word from Federal Programs Preschool pertaining to lunches from home,” the administrator writes. “Parents are to be informed that students can only bring lunches from home if there is a medical condition requiring a specific diet, along with a physicians [sic] note to that regard.”

"Nutrition wise, it is better for the children to eat at the school," Carmona said. "It's about the nutrition and the excellent quality food that they are able to serve [in the lunchroom]. It's milk versus a Coke.

Critics of such policies decry federal and local nutritional standards, asserting that school lunch programs exist to enrich the pockets of corporations peddling unhealthy wares.

First and foremost, back when I was in school, I don't recall anything particularly healthy or nutritious about the food. It was disgusting. It was anything but fresh. As a matter of fact, my wrestling coach actually forbade us from eating school lunches. He wanted us eating better food so that we could maintain our weight classes while still keeping ourselves adequately fueled. Yeah, there were alot of kids who spend most or all of their lunch money on snack type food. But that's because the entrees were worse than the dog food that one guy I knew brought to school as his lunch one day (with a bit of self propagated fan fare) to protest the food they served.

Second - I will feed my children what I damn well please!

School Bans Homemade Lunches, Angering Parents Critical Of Federal Nutritional Standards

“I have received word from Federal Programs Preschool pertaining to lunches from home,” the administrator writes. “Parents are to be informed that students can only bring lunches from home if there is a medical condition requiring a specific diet, along with a physicians [sic] note to that regard.”

"Nutrition wise, it is better for the children to eat at the school," Carmona said. "It's about the nutrition and the excellent quality food that they are able to serve [in the lunchroom]. It's milk versus a Coke.

Critics of such policies decry federal and local nutritional standards, asserting that school lunch programs exist to enrich the pockets of corporations peddling unhealthy wares.

First and foremost, back when I was in school, I don't recall anything particularly healthy or nutritious about the food. It was disgusting. It was anything but fresh. As a matter of fact, my wrestling coach actually forbade us from eating school lunches. He wanted us eating better food so that we could maintain our weight classes while still keeping ourselves adequately fueled. Yeah, there were alot of kids who spend most or all of their lunch money on snack type food. But that's because the entrees were worse than the dog food that one guy I knew brought to school as his lunch one day (with a bit of self propagated fan fare) to protest the food they served.

School Bans Homemade Lunches, Angering Parents Critical Of Federal Nutritional Standards

My kids go to public school and bring a lunch from home every day except Friday when they like whatever burger or pizza lunch the school offers.

So.

This story is bullshit.

That's some [sic] shit right there.

my-next-trick-is-gonna-be-sikh.jpg

The "Federal Government" didn't do anything.

Some dumbass school prinicipal made the decision.

However, the administrator’s apparent decision does not necessarily reflect federal or state policy, given the power of individual administrators to make such decisions.

My kids go to public school and bring a lunch from home every day except Friday when they like whatever burger or pizza lunch the school offers.

So.

This story is bullshit.

You have kids in every single public school in the entire country?

DAYAM!

By the way, some Chicago schools have a similar policy.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...120110410_1_lunch-food-provider-public-school

Last edited:
The "Federal Government" didn't do anything.

Some dumbass school prinicipal made the decision.

However, the administrator’s apparent decision does not necessarily reflect federal or state policy, given the power of individual administrators to make such decisions.

The USDA, AKA the federal government didn't establish regulations for the national school lunch program?

Maybe you should tell them their website was hacked.

School Meals Regulations

Some control freaks automatically assume that all parents are complete idiots who will send candy and coke in their child's lunches. None of us know any better and we have no clue what to feed a child. What is it with some people that they assume they are the only ones who know how to do things properly?

I used to take my lunch because school lunches were gross. There were always huge cans that everything from vegetables to fruit came in. Nothing was fresh and nothing has changed there. As a kid raised on fresh fruits and vegetables from the family garden, I could never stomach the shit they offered up.

Aside from my healthy food, I also took a dessert. Schools also offer sugary desserts, so they don't need to get jazzed about parents sending one in their kids sack lunches. Packing lunches is also cheaper and makes it easier for families to stay within their budgets. Not all get free shit every time they turn around and they have to pay more if they want to keep health insurance these day, too, so the food police can fuck off and let parents call the shots. It's the unions pushing this because they get the contracts.

I spent many hours volunteering at my kids' school and you wouldn't believe how much of that school food goes in the garbage. I saw so many kids just eat the dessert and drink the chocolate milk and toss the rest. Many just didn't like the meat or whatever the hell was on the tray. They would have eaten much better if they had bought a sandwich from home, but there are those, like some above, that think they know best. And many schools forbid peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because a kid somewhere in the school could be allergic and they treat peanut butter like a hazardous material.

So, instead of a child eating a healthy ham sandwich, they have to sit and be grossed out by the slop thrown on their plate by the lunch lady until they can toss it in the garbage. The kids are no healthier, but the unions are wealthier.

If I still had a kid in school, I'd ask my doctor for a note because I don't want my child skipping meals because they don't like what is on the tray. That is unhealthy. Those kids that pick the dessert off the plate and leave the rest are going to end up being in worse shape than the kids allowed to bring meals from home.

Last edited:
Easy fix: claim religious dietary restrictions. There is NO CHANCE the school has a Kosher (or Halal) kitchen!

Forum List

Back