Federal judge blocks TX "show your papers" law

BTW, folks, you don't have to cooperate at a DUI checkpoint unless they have probable cause, either:

Actually you can be arrested at a DUI checkpoint for being an asshole. I urge all liberals to refuse to comply with any directives a law enforcement officer may give them at a checkpoint. Maybe 1 out of 10 if they are polite enough and not drunk and the officer doesn't feel like dealing with the little shit, may be let go without a fine for obstructing official business.

Define "being an asshole" at a DUI checkpoint. What is the law one is arrested under?

Section 34.8552. "Being an asshole at a DUI checkpoint is a class II felony, punishable by 6 months incarceration, especially if the arresting officer is a fascist who does not believe in the Bill of Rights"

Federal judge blocks Texas' tough 'sanctuary cities' law

I feel sorry for the Texas legislature, having had a setback in their efforts to dismantle the Bill of Rights of the US constitution....

I missed the part in the constitution that says no one has to prove citizenship. Matter of fact, some states require one to posses an ID. This judge will be overruled as they typically are by the supreme court. All in all, this judge did nothing but get a blerb on Fox News. I doubt highly when the law go's back into effect the op will create a thread pointing it out.

I missed where the constitution requires a citizen to have an ID. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

And, no. No state law requires you to have an ID just to walk around in public. Perhaps you are thinking about 1938 Germany?

I feel sorry for the Texas legislature, having had a setback in their efforts to dismantle the Bill of Rights of the US constitution....

Go to hell, these activist judges have got to go. This is a clear interference with States police powers. The State certifies every law enforcement agency and they can set any rule they wish in regards to cooperating with immigration. They don't like it, the State can decertify them and take over the police department and sheriffs offices that don't want to abide by the law. I haven't been able to find the written decision yet, I want to see what this asshole actually said.

The state is interfering with local police. They can not force local police forces to enforce immigration law. Also removing democratically elected local governments is a police state mentality. Yet Greg Abbott claims to be a conservative.

Here is the thing, the jails let setbacks loose and they are typically multiple offenders. DUI, rape, child molestation, assault, burgelery and so on. The state makes no effort to remove them. So if state and county won't enforce the law, then take away all federal money to that department. Don't shut them down. When then illegals rape a child or kill people drunk driving then shame the department out of existence. Better yet, if they want all the cool old army stuff, then tell them to enforce the law.

BTW, folks, you don't have to cooperate at a DUI checkpoint unless they have probable cause, either:

Actually you can be arrested at a DUI checkpoint for being an asshole. I urge all liberals to refuse to comply with any directives a law enforcement officer may give them at a checkpoint. Maybe 1 out of 10 if they are polite enough and not drunk and the officer doesn't feel like dealing with the little shit, may be let go without a fine for obstructing official business.

Define "being an asshole" at a DUI checkpoint. What is the law one is arrested under?

Section 34.8552. "Being an asshole at a DUI checkpoint is a class II felony, punishable by 6 months incarceration, especially if the arresting officer is a fascist who does not believe in the Bill of Rights"

That earned you an IGNORE.

There is no teaching you anything about the law.

Go to hell, these activist judges have got to go. This is a clear interference with States police powers. The State certifies every law enforcement agency and they can set any rule they wish in regards to cooperating with immigration. They don't like it, the State can decertify them and take over the police department and sheriffs offices that don't want to abide by the law. I haven't been able to find the written decision yet, I want to see what this asshole actually said.

The state is interfering with local police. They can not force local police forces to enforce immigration law. Also removing democratically elected local governments is a police state mentality. Yet Greg Abbott claims to be a conservative.

Here is the thing, the jails let setbacks loose and they are typically multiple offenders. DUI, rape, child molestation, assault, burgelery and so on. The state makes no effort to remove them. So if state and county won't enforce the law, then take away all federal money to that department. Don't shut them down. When then illegals rape a child or kill people drunk driving then shame the department out of existence. Better yet, if they want all the cool old army stuff, then tell them to enforce the law.

So, the focus here is on Illegal immigrants who rape. Oddly enough, I don't know anybody who has ever been raped by an illegal immigrant. Are you mostly concerned with illegal immigrants who are latino, or are you just as concerned about illegal immigrants who are Canadian? (BTW, there are more Canadians overstaying their visas than there are Latinos).

Homeland Security produces first estimate of foreign visitors to U.S. who overstay deadline to leave

Last edited:

I missed the part in the constitution that says no one has to prove citizenship. Matter of fact, some states require one to posses an ID. This judge will be overruled as they typically are by the supreme court. All in all, this judge did nothing but get a blerb on Fox News. I doubt highly when the law go's back into effect the op will create a thread pointing it out.

I missed where the constitution requires a citizen to have an ID. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

And, no. No state law requires you to have an ID just to walk around in public. Perhaps you are thinking about 1938 Germany?

Myeah, they do. It's how towns are able to bust folks for vagrancy. One of many. Now, you have to have picture ID to drive, when I got shots to protect me from nasty water I had to show I'd. Before it flooded up out east I had to get a motel room, they required me to show ID. Ran out of cash, diddnt have my card. Paired for gas with a check. Had to show ID. Went to the bank to get more checks. Had to show ID. Went to Specs to restock my booze. Had to show some I'd. When I opened my bank account I had to show ID. On to shit like hospitals and social services. I was misinformed, but now, to get food stamps you have to show I'd. Don't have one because you are a wet back? They buy it for ya. Maybe different where you are, but that's how it is here. No one can point out one good reason a person living lawful in the USA should not have to show ID to vote. Oh, this last election was my fathers first. He bacamena US citizen. It took him 12 years due to time, events and money honestly. Know what he had to do to begin that process? He had to prove who he was. He had to show ID. How did he get along while he wasn't a citizen? Well he had a passport. He had to produce ID issued by someone other then the library. Anyway, this last election he worked as a poll volunteer. Know what he had to do? Prove his eligibility by showing ID. One can't do much without annID. Even my 8 year old has an ID. Why shouldn't people who are voting?

So, the focus here is on Illegal immigrants who rape. Oddly enough, I don't know anybody who has ever been raped by an illegal immigrant. Are you mostly concerned with illegal immigrants who are latino, or are you just as concerned about illegal immigrants who are Canadian? (BTW, there are more Canadians overstaying their visas than there are Latinos).

Homeland Security produces first estimate of foreign visitors to U.S. who overstay deadline to leave

It's an easy fix to get them all out, the government just has to have the will to implement it.

Myeah, they do. It's how towns are able to bust folks for vagrancy. One of many. Now, you have to have picture ID to drive, when I got shots to protect me from nasty water I had to show I'd. Before it flooded up out east I had to get a motel room, they required me to show ID. Ran out of cash, diddnt have my card. Paired for gas with a check. Had to show ID. Went to the bank to get more checks. Had to show ID. Went to Specs to restock my booze. Had to show some I'd. When I opened my bank account I had to show ID. On to shit like hospitals and social services. I was misinformed, but now, to get food stamps you have to show I'd. Don't have one because you are a wet back? They buy it for ya. Maybe different where you are, but that's how it is here. No one can point out one good reason a person living lawful in the USA should not have to show ID to vote. Oh, this last election was my fathers first. He bacamena US citizen. It took him 12 years due to time, events and money honestly. Know what he had to do to begin that process? He had to prove who he was. He had to show ID. How did he get along while he wasn't a citizen? Well he had a passport. He had to produce ID issued by someone other then the library. Anyway, this last election he worked as a poll volunteer. Know what he had to do? Prove his eligibility by showing ID. One can't do much without annID. Even my 8 year old has an ID. Why shouldn't people who are voting?

Crix, vagrancy laws were void by federal courts decades ago. I repeat. You are not required by law to have an ID just to be walking around in public.

"In the 1960s, laws proven unacceptably broad and vague were found to violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.[citation needed] Such laws could no longer be used to obstruct the "freedom of speech" of a political demonstrator or an unpopular group. Ambiguous vagrancy laws became more narrowly and clearly defined.[citation needed]"

Vagrancy (people) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

I do. It was a chick who like her man was illegal. She was 17 and he was 43. He beat the teeth out of her head and raped her. That dude likely don't vote. But yes, my deal is not letting illegal Mexicans vote. They don't deserve a say in any matter that Americans are mulling. No non citizen does. Pennsylvania has voted ID laws. Black people got ID just and a senator from Penn. even has instructions on how to get ID to vote. Other then emotional reasons, there is no good reason not to require ID. None.

I do. It was a chick who like her man was illegal. She was 17 and he was 43. He beat the teeth out of her head and raped her. That dude likely don't vote. But yes, my deal is not letting illegal Mexicans vote. They don't deserve a say in any matter that Americans are mulling. No non citizen does. Pennsylvania has voted ID laws. Black people got ID just and a senator from Penn. even has instructions on how to get ID to vote. Other then emotional reasons, there is no good reason not to require ID. None.

Reason not to require an ID?

It is unconstitutional.

It's an easy fix to get them all out, the government just has to have the will to implement it.

What's that easy fix?

Don't get me wrong. I think that there may be a case for repealing the Bill of Rights. Maybe we should start with the 2nd Amendment....

Typical regressive, run straight to the absurd. How about you rebut what I said instead of deflecting like an ignorant pussy.

Deflection? I don't think so. The federal judge blocked this idiotic TX law because, in his opinion, it violates the Bill of Rights, which courts have interpreted as prohibiting police interrogation without probable cause. I do believe, Okie, that you are the one that is deflecting.

Getting an ID is not an interrogation.

If I stopped you without any reason but because you look Hispanic is racial profiling. Since when that is acceptable?

If I stopped you just because of your color then asked for your ID that is called interrogation.

Crix, vagrancy laws were void by federal courts decades ago. I repeat. You are not required by law to have an IF just to be walking around in public.

"In the 1960s, laws proven unacceptably broad and vague were found to violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.[citation needed] Such laws could no longer be used to obstruct the "freedom of speech" of a political demonstrator or an unpopular group. Ambiguous vagrancy laws became more narrowly and clearly defined.[citation needed]"

While you are correct, the reality is that in modern society, one cannot function without an ID. You can't even so much as even check out a book.

What's that easy fix?

I'm getting the impression that if one is going to be raped, it is far better that they be raped by an American citizen. Barring that, is is still not so bad if the rapist speaks English...

Crix, vagrancy laws were void by federal courts decades ago. I repeat. You are not required by law to have an IF just to be walking around in public.

While you are correct, the reality is that in modern society, one cannot function without an ID. You can't even so much as even check out a book.
But can you mind your own business and walk down a street? Go somewhere and pay for dinner, food, gas, whatever with cash? Can you go to church without ID?

Fine, but to legislate that ID requirement is a violation of our constitutional rights. Not only that, I often walk in my neighborhood without my billfold. That is NOT against the law.

What's that easy fix?

To Trump everything was easy. Trump said repeal and replace obama care would be easy. Trump said Tax reform would be easy. Trump said proving Obama;s birth certificate was a fake, would be easy.

So deporting 11 million people is easy. ;)

LEO asking for you to show legal Identification is a LEGAL and Lawful Order.

Wrong dude. So if I don't like the color of your skin ----- I can frisk and interrogate then detained you?

That's what the NAZIS did in the 40s.

Forum List

Back