Feds Can't Enforce Net Neutrality

Imagine an Internet business having to add Internet Speed to their list of expenses.

Of course, when you can't respond with logic or reason, an ad hominem attack is the way to go...:cuckoo:

You didn't give out any logic..you proved nothing more than zero understanding on the subject.

I understand perfectly. By your way of thinking, the government should regulate car manufacturers to ensure every model goes at exactly the same speed. After all, we can't have someone paying for a fast car...

Again, if you so believe that all ISPs are so corrupt and inattentive to the needs of their customers, a new competitor that provides the same access speed to all will surely emerge and dominate the market. Problem solved.

I reject your collectivist approach to any and all perceived problems.

no but they do regulate they all need to have seat belts and certain safety features.
Do you know how much it costs to start up as a new provider? Most piggyback off the giants, Its taking google years with Google fiber and they have billions.

I get it, you see the word regulation and government and are instantly against it, without actually understanding what NN is really about.

Look who is using silly insults and labels now hypocrite.

USMB will deliver slower speed to fucking idiots and Liberals, so Plasma will be double slow!

Oh nose!

This is the same "it doesnt affect me so I dont care" republican attitude that brought us the Patriot Act.

They never think it will come back on them.
yeah, kind of reminds Me of Obamacare. Same government meddling to make things better....but that never actually happens. It just gets worse.

You've been enjoying this government meddling as we speak and you havent bitched once have you about your internet browsing have you?

ignorance. Pure ignorance.

Feds Can't Enforce Net Neutrality: What This Means For You : All Tech Considered : NPR

this isnt a good thing and sadly people will defend this ruling.

This is what Free market gets you for people always claiming that free market is the way to go. Dont start bitching when USMB starts loading slower for you via your ISP and is blocked because it doesnt jive with the ISP's political agenda.
Don't like the fact that your provider slows your traffic because you're a self-admitted dick?
Get a new provider.
-That's- the free market.
:roll:
um....the regulations make it so they cant slow down my speeds.
Yes - the regulations that have been struck.
The free market, contrary to your lament, offers you a solution.

Typical "I want it my way...but I'm not willing to work for it" collectivist response. That's for confirming your overwhelming sense of entitlement.

You really don't understand the topic of net neutrality do you?

Actually, I do. What your response makes abundantly clear is that you do not understand the concept of competition and voluntary choice.

There is no competition the servers are in the hands of a few. Thats exactly the opposite of a free market.

Even if it was a true free market. What could be your reasoning to why some sites should be slower than others?

USMB will deliver slower speed to fucking idiots and Liberals, so Plasma will be double slow!

Oh nose!

This is the same "it doesnt affect me so I dont care" republican attitude that brought us the Patriot Act.

yeah, kind of reminds Me of Obamacare. Same government meddling to make things better....but that never actually happens. It just gets worse.

This is nothing like Obamacare at all...not in your wildest dreams.

Net Neutrality has NOTHING to do with Govt intrusion at all. Do you like the internet the way it is today? Then you are for Net Neutrality.

Do you want corporations deciding what sites they want to load faster than others? If yes, the question would be Why? Why be PRO- UNEQUALITY?

Don't like the fact that your provider slows your traffic because you're a self-admitted dick?
Get a new provider.
-That's- the free market.
:roll:

sigh....you cant sanely debate someone who just falls behind the free market excuse. its sad how much you people just dont understand whats going on. CC is right, this is the Patriot act all over again, just at a smaller scale.

There isnt ONE REASON that anyone can explain why some websites should be displayed slower than others. Not ONE.

Then these same Repubs who are only anti net neutrality just because Obama wants it claim that liberals control the media. Then want those same liberals to control content speed.

sigh....you cant sanely debate someone who just falls behind the free market excuse. its sad how much you people just dont understand whats going on. CC is right, this is the Patriot act all over again, just at a smaller scale.
I accept your concession of the point.

Fact is, if enough people don't like that a given provider messes with people because of their content, then enough people will move to another provider, leaving the original provider with less business, revenue, profit, etc, while boosting those of their competitors.

You have a choice; it is not up to the government to force private companies to make sure you have the choices you want.

Actually, I do. What your response makes abundantly clear is that you do not understand the concept of competition and voluntary choice.

then you don't understand the problem.

You can continue to repeat that all you like. I understand perfectly. You've not made a case that central planning of the internet is justified, morally or otherwise. As usual, you're suggestions for more regulations are based on INTENTIONS, not actual results, while you fail to grasp the technological advances and expanded choices brought about by competition free from your dear leader's oversight.

You didn't give out any logic..you proved nothing more than zero understanding on the subject.

I understand perfectly. By your way of thinking, the government should regulate car manufacturers to ensure every model goes at exactly the same speed. After all, we can't have someone paying for a fast car...

Again, if you so believe that all ISPs are so corrupt and inattentive to the needs of their customers, a new competitor that provides the same access speed to all will surely emerge and dominate the market. Problem solved.

I reject your collectivist approach to any and all perceived problems.

no but they do regulate they all need to have seat belts and certain safety features.

Which I reject. Just because you've implemented central planning in other industries does not justify the spreading of that disease. Seat belts and safety features came about through technological advances and consumer demand. The bureaucrats ride the coat tails of those that actually innovate while taking the credit. Fuck them.

Do you know how much it costs to start up as a new provider?

Yes, I've started an internet business. You?

Most piggyback off the giants, Its taking google years with Google fiber and they have billions.

And yet, that have competition.

I get it, you see the word regulation and government and are instantly against it,

Based on an understanding of central planners throughout history...something you seem quick to forget.

without actually understanding what NN is really about.

Just because you keep repeating something, it doesn't make it true.

Look who is using silly insults and labels now hypocrite

Who? Not I.

Last edited:

You've been enjoying this government meddling as we speak and you havent bitched once have you about your internet browsing have you?

ignorance. Pure ignorance.

Yet you bitch about there being only a few dominate ISPs...all of which are apparently "evil".

Wait! Are you saying your central planners did NOT create nirvana? Color me shocked...

the best deal would be internet for maybe 25 bucks and wonderful speeds like S. Korea.

Ah yes, central price controls and entire industries run by the federal government. What could possibly go wrong with that approach?

Just imagine the innovation and progress we could expect. Why, it would as good as government run healthcare, I'm sure!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

This is nothing like Obamacare at all...not in your wildest dreams.

Net Neutrality has NOTHING to do with Govt intrusion at all. Do you like the internet the way it is today? Then you are for Net Neutrality.

Do you want corporations deciding what sites they want to load faster than others? If yes, the question would be Why? Why be PRO- UNEQUALITY?
In fact, My internet, as it is today, is just fine. In fact, I host a number of websites, have total freedom to develop more, upload and download to My hearts content and I never get charged more for it. I also have no slowdowns or restrictions on what I do.

That cannot be said of My government healthcare program....

I want a wild west of Internet access. I want to be able to start up My own ISP if I want. What I don't want is to be told that I have to follow some government rule.

Ever.

There is no competition the servers are in the hands of a few. Thats exactly the opposite of a free market.

Yet I listed 125 of them on the previous page. Hmm...

Even if it was a true free market.

It has not been. The judges struck down the current regulators meddling. With less government interference, you can expect more competition and more innovation.

What could be your reasoning to why some sites should be slower than others?

Lots of reasons. How an ISP chooses to allocate their own resources is up to them. Perhaps they wish to ensure their customers experience rapid connectivity with the sites they most often visit. Perhaps they want to ensure sites they own get the widest bandwidth. Perhaps they specialize in certain types of sites, which they would want to cater to. Point is, it's their resources and therefore their choice to use them as they see fit. If you don't like it, choose another ISP. If you believe everyone wants and ISP that provides equal access, then surely competition will arise to fill that demand...assuming government doesn't prevent that from happening.

There isnt ONE REASON that anyone can explain why some websites should be displayed slower than others. Not ONE.

Then these same Repubs who are only anti net neutrality just because Obama wants it claim that liberals control the media. Then want those same liberals to control content speed.
Of course there is. But then, you are not entitled to equal speed.

Besides, turn off your images if your candy-assed ISP is so slow. Or at least upgrade away from the 14.4 modem you're using.

Last edited:
Good grief, it's amazing how some panic when government doesn't have control over something. What to do? Libs are in a panic. How horrible would it be if they couldn't copy and paste the daily talking points as quickly? I think we'll survive.

Ask yourself, "Can I trust my cable provider to be fair?" they were suing for the right to be as unfair as they want and to squeeze more money from us and by god you guys took their side over the American consumer, how screwed up is that?

I don't have to trust my IP to be fair. If I don't like the way they treat me, I'll take my business elsewhere. If enough people feel slighted, someone (maybe me) can make a Foxtype IP and make a killing filling the void in the market.

That being said, I believe there is a need for government safeguard regulations in many instances. It is one of those subjective things. Some people want no regulations at all and some people want to regulate how many squares of toilet paper I may use for a #2. We have to find a happy medium ... which we used to be able to do. I don't think these two parties are going to be able to do that any more. The extremes shreik down disagreement and villify & cull any who don't view the opposition as an enemy to be utterly defeated. Moderates have nowhere to go and have mostly quit participating.

Forum List

Back